Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2008   #21
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

Wouldn't care because I don't watch that show anyway.
Old 05-03-2008   #22
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
you forgot the smiley...some people on here just might think you actually thought that way.
I have never been a Parcells' fan having grown up with ESPN, been a Cowboy's fan in the 80's and lived in the Northeast when he was with the Pats and Jets.

The NE reporters love demagogues, they can make a career off of them.
Old 05-03-2008   #23
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Found my cup...darn things empty. Don't remember drinking it all.

Could have sworn I just filled it.

Dahm, the pots empty, anybody know where my wife went?

Crisis all the time around here.

What were we discussing now?

Old 05-03-2008   #24
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If he is still making it to OTAs and TC, there isn't a problem here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #25
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
If my old memory serves me right seems I can recall players taking ballet lessons. Claimed it helped them on the field.

Maybe during the Pardee run and shoot years? ..

Hell, I don't remember. Where did I leave my cup of coffee?

Hershel Walker, in his Cowboy dayz, was one notable example.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #26
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd heard that you were main-lining the stuff. I guess that was just a rumor.
Old 05-03-2008   #27
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836 View Post
If my team (I block that thought from my mind) was coming off a 2-14 season, and he was "Dancing with the Has-beens", and not "focused" on his team, then, yes, I'd have a problem...
This is the part I don't understand. How much work is there for Jason Taylor to do at this point in the offseason to actually focus on football?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2008   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If he is still making it to OTAs and TC, there isn't a problem here.
I agree. And he'll probably be in better aerobic shape than most of the other guys when T/C starts. Dancing on that level is a real aerobic workout.

I don't know if getting to dance with those tight-bodied hotties is sufficient incentive to get one of our guys to appear on national TV in those tights. So this is probably very unlikely.

And Parcells needs to lighten up. Jason Taylor on Dancing with the Stars is probably the best press the Dolphins have gotten all year considering how badly they sucked.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-03-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2008   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's as interesting as Schaub playing golf... not very
Old 05-03-2008   #30
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
It's as interesting as Schaub playing golf... not very
While whistling with a hat on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #32
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I agree with PapaL. If they're not breaking the law, it's their business what they do during the off season. Payton Manning spent his off season making commercials, Ephram and Chester had a little fun on Ellen, and I'm sure other players do unusual things during the off season no one knows about. WHO CARES, as long as they don't voilate their contracts and stay healthy. Dancing takes more discipline, coordination, and skill than football anyway. I applaud Jason Taylor for doing the show. He's damn good at it too!! It just might make him a better football player, if that's possible!
Good point. Up here it's all hockey. I work with people who don't understand football & don't know the Texans ; so I was surprised when some of my co-workers told me they saw "some Houston Texans on TV". I see it as making my team more familiar to Canadians. So I'm all for it.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #33
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd heard that you were main-lining the stuff. I guess that was just a rumor.
Innocent I tell you, innocent. May lightning strike me if I'm lying.

Old 05-04-2008   #34
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
While whistling with a hat on.
You just made it exciting!
Old 05-04-2008   #35
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If my old memory serves me right seems I can recall players taking ballet lessons. Claimed it helped them on the field.

Maybe during the Pardee run and shoot years? ..

Hell, I don't remember. Where did I leave my cup of coffee?

ballet, martial arts, yoga and others are things that many players do in order to increase their flexability to help avoid injury. maybe we should put the texans in some classes, after last season we need all the help we can get.
Old 05-04-2008   #36
ObsiWan
Contributor

Alex Gibbs once took ballet and leg whipped the entire...
oops, wrong thread...
Old 05-04-2008   #37
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
This is the part I don't understand. How much work is there for Jason Taylor to do at this point in the offseason to actually focus on football?
My intial response was to the question but, I'll temper that to who I am, a fan. To whoever the player is, it's a financial and (sometimes) emotional investment of my life and time. The financial is the gear, tickets, blogging, tailgating, weekends away from really important issues, including kid's, rent/mortgage, a tank of gas. Certainly, these things effect the average fans in the pocket.
Emotionally, it includes the same but, goes a bit deeper. Blue Monday's suck!

This doesn't really address the core issue of "does it matter" or "how would I feel" about a Texan on Dancing with the tards. But, as a Fan, and seeing my team go 2-14 the previous season and this player is a All-Pro, someone to draw energy, emotion, and guidence from and can impact the Team (in a positive way), then, I guess that is where my problem lies.

Then agian, I'm just a fan and I could be wrong.....
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #38
HPF Bob
GM Emeritus

Rep Power: 0 HPF Bob is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHPF Bob is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

If the series was filmed in January-February, I really wouldn't have a problem with a Texans player performing on DWTS, unless it was Charles Spencer. I could just picture some ditzy chick slamming into the back of his leg...
HPF Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Lynn Swann was the first player I heard of doing ballet to improve his balance and flexibilty. Worked out pretty well for him. I guess Taylor could stay in shape by doing 12 ounce curls then driving and finish his workout by running from the police. Then he could get on the Pacman Jones/ Chris Henry early retirement program that Commish Goodell has started. I bet Parcells would LOVE that.
Old 05-05-2008   #40
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I have better things to do than watch it .... They have more important things to concentrate on than a silly TV show .... Im w/ Parcells on this one .

Me too they know better......but if they pay right.... well you know.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read