Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-03-2008   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

I found what Don Banks of SI had to say of the Taylor-Parcells feud interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ers/index.html
Quote:
What a ridiculous story the Jason Taylor saga has become in Miami. Now the Dolphins' "Dancing with the Stars'' defensive end is ticked because the team's football czar, Bill Parcells, reportedly ignored him to his face when Taylor made a recent visit to the team complex.

I'm no big fan of Parcells' penchant for Jedi mind tricks, but what kind of greeting did Taylor really expect from a guy who has always been all about football? All Parcells knows about Taylor at this point is that he's more intent on launching his Hollywood post-playing career than he is preparing for the '08 season. Not showing your face around the Dolphins' complex except for a drive-by meet and greet isn't going to earn Parcells' respect.

When Taylor wants to act like an active and committed player who still has football as his top priority, Parcells will likely accord him the status he has earned within the Miami organization. But if Taylor deems it more important to make like the retired Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice and dance his offseason away, he shouldn't expect Parcells to applaud the whole silly show.
How would you guys feels if a Texans player, particularly a high profile one, did this in the offseason?

Personally, I would not have a problem with it. It's not like it's easy to do the types of dances that they do on that show and it looks like it's a great way to stay in shape, something that football players (and athletes in general) have to focus on after the season. I don't know how much football related stuff there is to work on at this time in the offseason. Anyway, would you guys approve or disapprove if a player such as Demeco Ryans or Andre Johnson did something like this?

Thanks to Premier

Last edited by TexanSam; 05-03-2008 at 12:33 AM.
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

I'd be fine with it. I'd just hope that they did well so I wouldn't feel guilty about voting for them.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How would you feel if a Texans player were on Dancing With the Stars?

I wouldn't care. The danger factor is no greater than training (I guess). Texan or not I still wouldn't watch.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I have better things to do than watch it .... They have more important things to concentrate on than a silly TV show .... Im w/ Parcells on this one .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #5
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

If my team (I block that thought from my mind) was coming off a 2-14 season, and he was "Dancing with the Has-beens", and not "focused" on his team, then, yes, I'd have a problem...
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be pretty embrassed and upset Football season is coming up do everything u can to step your game up physical and mental !!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I recommend the cheerleaders instead.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-03-2008   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to say it wouldn't bother me - but it would bother me. I guess I'm old school. I don't want my football team prancing and flailing around on national TV. Not that I would badmouth them - I would just have no reaction, much like Parcells.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Eric Winston is going to be on the show next spring.
Old 05-03-2008   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

* shrugs *

I don't care, and their off time from the team is not my concern as long as it doesn't impact their duties for the team. Unless they show up on Battlestar Galactia episode I wouldn't see them on non-football related TV anyway.

Hey, Super Mario as the 5th Cylon is not a bad idea!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Seems to me a certain player was taken to task for not putting in the time and effort involved to be a good player. The same logic should apply here. Save that crap for retirement.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as it's the off-season and they're not breaking the law, who cares? It's their time to with as they please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 05-03-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: their < the're
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with PapaL. If they're not breaking the law, it's their business what they do during the off season. Payton Manning spent his off season making commercials, Ephram and Chester had a little fun on Ellen, and I'm sure other players do unusual things during the off season no one knows about. WHO CARES, as long as they don't voilate their contracts and stay healthy. Dancing takes more discipline, coordination, and skill than football anyway. I applaud Jason Taylor for doing the show. He's damn good at it too!! It just might make him a better football player, if that's possible!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Eric Winston is going to be on the show next spring.
I thought they cancelled the caveman show...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #15
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I recommend the cheerleaders instead.
I agree.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

If my old memory serves me right seems I can recall players taking ballet lessons. Claimed it helped them on the field.

Maybe during the Pardee run and shoot years? ..

Hell, I don't remember. Where did I leave my cup of coffee?

Old 05-03-2008   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Jason Taylor staying in shape during the offseason while having fun is bad. Lawrence Taylor's behavior during the season and off season with his extra curicullars was good.

Parcells is a jerkagogue with some success without Belichick on his staff.
Old 05-03-2008   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I, for one, think it is a great idea as long as it doesn't interfere with team obligations. Dancing is one of the best ways to stay in shape, and with the kind of work they have to put in to be good for that show, lets me know what kind of work ethic they have. I actually think being on that show would help Mario become a much better player. It would help his balance and agility, and probably give him a lot more endurance.
Old 05-03-2008   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
If my old memory serves me right seems I can recall players taking ballet lessons. Claimed it helped them on the field.

Maybe during the Pardee run and shoot years? ..

Hell, I don't remember. Where did I leave my cup of coffee?

This is true. I remember pics circulating around at the time with players hanging on to a ballet barr! Really pretty funny, at the time.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #20
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Jason Taylor staying in shape during the offseason while having fun is bad. Lawrence Taylor's behavior during the season and off season with his extra curicullars was good.

Parcells is a jerkagogue with some success without Belichick on his staff.
you forgot the smiley...some people on here just might think you actually thought that way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read