Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-30-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Starting white CBs?

Does anyone know off the top of their head any white guys besides Jason Sehorn who started at CB in recent NFL history? Trivia question for a friend.
Old 04-30-2008   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting white CBs?

I was looking this up on Google and I stumbled upon this cubic zirconium
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Does anyone know off the top of their head any white guys besides Jason Sehorn who started at CB in recent NFL history? Trivia question for a friend.
No... Not recent history. I think you would have to go all the way back to Roger Wehrli.
Old 04-30-2008   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the only two white CB's in the league and they are backups per someone on Yahoo! Answers.

Dustin Fox, CB, Buffalo Bills
Steve Gregory, S/CB, San Diego Chargers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0224442AAGpmak

And yes, I realize that wasn't really the question.
Old 04-30-2008   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't Sehorn a Safety? Or was thas just towards the end of his career?
Old 04-30-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Sehorn was a CB for the Giants for a while then moved to safety for the Rams.

sounds like we need to force the league to draft and sign more white corners.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Methinks this thread is doomed!
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #9
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Methinks this is absurd. I read that site posted earlier, and they make some great points. The racial disparity in the NFL and NBA is ridiculous, yet all the media talks about is how few black quarterbacks and coaches there are. I'm pissed!
Old 04-30-2008   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Methinks this is absurd. I read that site posted earlier, and they make some great points. The racial disparity in the NFL and NBA is ridiculous, yet all the media talks about is how few black quarterbacks and coaches there are. I'm pissed!
Now it is..
Old 04-30-2008   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Now it is..
Sorry for hating the fact that the media jumps on how racist white owners and college athletic directors are for not having more black coaches and quarterbacks but God forbid I say anything about there not being enough white players in general. You're right.
Old 04-30-2008   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, if the whole roster was 3-footed purple freaky people, I wouldn't care as long as they won....

*DISCLAIMER*

This in no way was meant to be derogatory towards three-footed people with purple colored skin or even a purlish hue......
Old 04-30-2008   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hell, if the whole roster was 3-footed purple freaky people, I wouldn't care as long as they won....

*DISCLAIMER*

This in no way was meant to be deragotory towards three-footed people with purple colored skin or even a purlish hue......
I totally agree Bill. My only issue is the amount of media coverage given to the lack of black quarterbacks and coaches but none is given to this issue or the issue of whites in the NBA.

Personally, I want to live in colorblind society. I support the black athlete as long as he is the best player at the position. As long as my team wins, I don't care what color it is.

My point is black people say they want a colorblind society but at every opportunity mention the issue of race...
Old 04-30-2008   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be seeing you in court, Texan Bill.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

*DISCLAIMER*

This in no way was meant to be derogatory towards three-footed people with purple colored skin or even a purlish hue......
Too late! I'm pissed now.
Old 04-30-2008   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

*DISCLAIMER*

Fortunately, I'm a 4-footed purple freaky people, otherwise, you would be in deep doo-doo
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I totally agree Bill. My only issue is the amount of media coverage given to the lack of black quarterbacks and coaches but none is given to this issue or the issue of whites in the NBA.

Personally, I want to live in colorblind society. I support the black athlete as long as he is the best player at the position. As long as my team wins, I don't care what color it is.

My point is black people say they want a colorblind society but at every opportunity mention the issue of race...
I hear you... It was an attempt at levity, because this thread could wind up in the NSZ quicker than you can say 'Stretch' Suba three times fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I'll be seeing you in court, Texan Bill.
Dammit..... I'm suing my attorney's. They assured me that the disclaimer would work...
Old 04-30-2008   #18
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

There are few white athletes in general. Sad but true. If you expect the politically correct media to help end racial disparity in the NFL, you're sadly mistaken. As far as the modern American media is concerned, there is no such thing as discrimination against whites. That's why any black comedian can call white people "honkies" or "crackers" with no fear of backlash. Yet when Michael Richards...well, you get my point. It's just a part of life at this point.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

blame the feminists.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Too late! I'm pissed now.
Crap... I didn't notice you were pissed too.

That's really my attorney's a$$ - now!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read