Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-30-2008   #1
Polo

Default Antwuan Molden

Didn't see a thread dedicated specifically to him....If there is one, please merge...

Anyways....

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfsGgyDNyx8
Old 04-30-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Antwuan Molden

Can someone move this thread to the texanstalk forum
Old 04-30-2008   #3
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice find!

Someone rep this man, I must spread rep......

Good to hear that he has that instinct to look back for the ball. Too many times, specifically Faggins, I'm like turn around for the ball!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 04-30-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Nice find!

Someone rep this man, I must spread rep......

Good to hear that he has that instinct to look back for the ball. Too many times, specifically Faggins, I'm like turn around for the ball!
Yep...

Also looks like he moves very well and has good feet...I don't know how physical he is, but he's a big guy so I'm expecting him to be able to deliver some blows...
Old 04-30-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

thats one big, composed CB. I'm not sure that he was not rated higher than Aqib Talib on the Texans draft board. great 3rd rd. pick.

time will only tell but Antwaun Molden may be remembered as the best 3rd rd. pick in Texans history to date

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

One dude on NFL Network was saying that Molden was the steal of the 3rd round.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr Bombed posted this a few days ago along with the videos of some of our other draftees.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49820

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2008   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown.....reach?......perhaps, but only a slight reach. And if he turns into a starter for the long term nobody will remember.

Andwaun Molden......STEAL!

Steve Slaton.......STEAL!

Xavier Adibi......STEAL!

Frank Okam.....STEAL!

You heard it here first: This will turn out to be the best draft the Texans have had to date.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #9
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Antwuan Molden

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
One dude on NFL Network was saying that Molden was the steal of the 3rd round.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play. I remember Mike Mayock (at the combines) saying he could be a sleeper pick. IIRC he ranked him #37
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Duane Brown.....reach?......perhaps, but only a slight reach. And if he turns into a starter for the long term nobody will remember.

Andwaun Molden......STEAL!

Steve Slaton.......STEAL!

Xavier Adibi......STEAL!

Frank Okam.....STEAL!

You heard it here first: This will turn out to be the best draft the Texans have had to date.
Dang ... I do like the zeal .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Just my opinion, by I think we have two star CB's in the making with Bennett and Molden. I'm heartened by how much passion Dunta is putting into his rehab, but a man's reach usually exceeds his grasp and I don't see him ever being a shutdown corner again. However, his fearless tackling skills will serve him well has a slot cornerback. Thus the framework has been laid for a championship secondary.

The Texans are quietly, methodically building a championship-caliber defense. The D-Line is nearly stacked. They could use a bookend to Mario--- but from Mario to Amobi to Travis Johnson/Frank Okam, you've got the makings of a vaunted line.

With Ryans and Adibi anchoring the linebacking squad, this team is maybe one piece away from suffocating. Add a marauding, blitzing weakside linebacker or another chaos-maker opposite Mario and you've got a Super Bowl contender.

Staying clear of injuries is always a challenge, but without injuries this defense is ready to contend for a playoff spot.

Have I gone off the deep end? Anyone want to argue with me? I've been guilty of being a homer in the past and letting my enthusiasm cloud my perception, but I don't think anything I've said here is fantasy....
Old 04-30-2008   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Just my opinion, by I think we have two star CB's in the making with Bennett and Molden. I'm heartened by how much passion Dunta is putting into his rehab, but a man's reach usually exceeds his grasp and I don't see him ever being a shutdown corner again. However, his fearless tackling skills will serve him well has a slot cornerback. Thus the framework has been laid for a championship secondary.

The Texans are quietly, methodically building a championship-caliber defense. The D-Line is nearly stacked. They could use a bookend to Mario--- but from Mario to Amobi to Travis Johnson/Frank Okam, you've got the makings of a vaunted line.

With Ryans and Adibi anchoring the linebacking squad, this team is maybe one piece away from suffocating. Add a marauding, blitzing weakside linebacker or another chaos-maker opposite Mario and you've got a Super Bowl contender.

Staying clear of injuries is always a challenge, but without injuries this defense is ready to contend for a playoff spot.

Have I gone off the deep end? Anyone want to argue with me? I've been guilty of being a homer in the past and letting my enthusiasm cloud my perception, but I don't think anything I've said here is fantasy....
I'm not ready to give Moulden a liberal future just yet. I want to see how he responds to a WR actually putting his hands on Moulden. Small time colleges aren't exactly what I would call solid opposition for a man being primed to dominate in the NFL. I don't know. I sure like what I see of him. I sure do!

But let's see how he reacts first.
Old 04-30-2008   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounds like a Texan. Articulate. Listening to Kirk Franklin in the iPod. lol

Pretty impressive combine stuff.
Old 04-30-2008   #14
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm not ready to give Moulden a liberal future just yet. I want to see how he responds to a WR actually putting his hands on Moulden. Small time colleges aren't exactly what I would call solid opposition for a man being primed to dominate in the NFL. I don't know. I sure like what I see of him. I sure do!

Absolutely right. Molden hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and already I'm calling him a shutdown corner. There's my homerism showing. But isn't it nice that the Texans already have a track record of taking a 4th round corner and turning him into a high quality starter in a very short period of time. But with all the enthusiasm regarding our new draft picks, our new free agents, and our new addition of a legendary offensive line coach (Gibbs) it's somehow been forgotten that we have a former winning NFL head coach---who previously won 5 Super Bowl rings with the 49ers---now coaching our defensive backfield. I'm talking about Ray Rhodes, of course. What nature bestowed on Molden with size and speed is what top-tier corners like D-Rob would kill for. Now all he has to do is listen to his coaches and play.
Old 04-30-2008   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
He sounds like a Texan. Articulate. Listening to Kirk Franklin in the iPod. lol

Pretty impressive combine stuff.
Yep, he sounds like an intelligent guy and his measurables are hard to fault. I love this draft class. Heck, I've loved all of Kubiaks draft classes.
Old 04-30-2008   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

Valid point. I think we'll see some flashes from Molden this year while he's slowly worked into the lineup, but I expect a big jump from year 1 to year 2 similar to my thinking on Jacoby's progress.
Old 04-30-2008   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I expect a big jump from year 1 to year 2 similar to my thinking on Jacoby's progress.
Hope you're right about Jacoby. I think pre-season was too easy for him he might have lost a lot of confidence when he found out it really wasn't going to be that easy. Hopefully he'll work hard and get get into a comfort zone of consistent production. All the receivers should be required to follow Andre Johnson around and copy everything he does....
Old 04-30-2008   #18
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

If DRob wasnt injured, Id be tempted to try Molden at free safety. He has the size, strength, and speed for it...
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
If DRob wasnt injured, Id be tempted to try Molden at free safety. He has the size, strength, and speed for it...
I'd be happier seeing just the opposite. I think Molden's size, strength, and speed are what every defensive coordinator dreams about when he dreams of perfect corners. Meanwhile, I've seen some excellent free safeties with D-Rob's size, speed, and headhunter mentality.
Old 04-30-2008   #20
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

that could work too... We definitely should have our best defensive backs on the field as much as possible, and DRob or Molden would probably be an upgrade at FS.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read