Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2008   #1
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Take the Wonderlic!!

http://walterfootball.com/draftwonderlic.php

Guess I'll never be an NFL QB. I thought this was interesting though.
Old 04-29-2008   #2
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan
Default Re: Take the Wonderlic!!

You gotta time yourself too, thats the catch with that test. I took it and only answered 32 questions.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

32.5!

Meh. Better than Vince Young.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

This can't be actual questions... I mean, I just got a 40. And I also have to say that it has no bearing on being a player, shoot, does $.10 a ft. of rope matter to me when I see a blitz coming and know I need to get down or dump it off to my back...Uhh, no !!
Oh, ok, then maybe 6 pads for $1.05 will help me understand that zone coverage...no, damn....
Oh well, I guess I picked the wrong career, as I should be an NFL QB...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I must have cheated off of Nitro. I also got a 37.5.

I can now sleep easy knowing with 100% certainty that I am neither as rich nor as dumb as Vince Young. What a trade off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
You gotta time yourself too, thats the catch with that test. I took it and only answered 32 questions.
There were only 20 questions.

I got a 30. Don't know if I should brag about that or the 1900 I got on the SAT.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

I got a 30. Don't know if I should brag about that or the 1900 I got on the SAT.
Maybe he thought up of and answered 12 more in the alloted time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2008   #8
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

The original test is 50 questions in 12 minutes. Not many people answer all 50.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Congrats. I would brag about the 1900 since it isn't a sample.

I will probably do the exercise at some point, but at the end of the day, regardless of an impressive test score, Vince still has eight figures in his income and I have five.

Oh, heck, curiousity got the best of me earlier than later and I scored 37.5.

Last edited by StarStruck; 05-02-2008 at 12:28 AM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a 42, I am so embarased, the other guys from Havard aced it. Most stupid in class. But then, they don't drink a quart a every night.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
This can't be actual questions... I mean, I just got a 40. And I also have to say that it has no bearing on being a player, shoot, does $.10 a ft. of rope matter to me when I see a blitz coming and know I need to get down or dump it off to my back...Uhh, no !!
Oh, ok, then maybe 6 pads for $1.05 will help me understand that zone coverage...no, damn....
Oh well, I guess I picked the wrong career, as I should be an NFL QB...
much like getting a few answers wrong on the SAT doesn't determine if you'll be a good lawyer or not, the same goes with the wonderlic. it's all apart of the overall process.

also i got a 32.5
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #12
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

35 here...gonna make my kids do it too.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #13
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a 45. I'm surprised some people do so poorly on this. Mario Manningham got a 6. How do some of these guys remain academically eligible? Preferential treatment?
Old 05-02-2008   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK View Post
I got a 45. I'm surprised some people do so poorly on this. Mario Manningham got a 6. How do some of these guys remain academically eligible? Preferential treatment?
this is just a sample wonder-lick and they picked the easiest questions to make light of the test.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #15
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this is just a sample wonder-lick and they picked the easiest questions to make light of the test.
That was the other thought that had crossed my mind.
Old 05-02-2008   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I got a 42, I am so embarased, the other guys from Havard aced it. Most stupid in class. But then, they don't drink a quart a every night.
I just want to know how you got a 42...I got a 42.5 w/ 17 correct...or are you rounding down?
Old 05-02-2008   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go with the 1900 on the SAT. That's a good score.

I got 18 of the 20 right on the sample Wunderlich; 45 for what its worth.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #18
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC

I got a 27.5. I didnt read one of the questions correctly and that cost me. I skipped the one about the 48,000 words and the missing letter threw me off a bit.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008   #19
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a 30 (32.5 if agreeing with the print designer counts).

Sometimes I think this board is made up of Mensa members. I was always the "curve buster" in college and I've almost always been the highest in intelligence and similar tests in my career. But here, I feel like I belong on the short bus.

Then again...in those other situations, somebody else was doing the grading.
Old 05-05-2008   #20
andre'
Bandwagoner

Rep Power: 12 andre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden cover

will i beat Kenny Phillips?
andre' is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read