Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-29-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default McFadden - Bush or Peterson

On Sportscenter now, they just asked the question:

"Will McFadden be this year's Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson?"

Ouch.

How the mighty have fallen. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Bush at this point.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McFadden - Bush or Peterson

bonus is McFadden can run between the tackles ... I look at a little in between
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
How the mighty have fallen. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Bush at this point.
NEVER! I do hope he ends up as no. 1....draft bust of all time!!

His spewage about H-town will not be forgotten.
Old 04-29-2008   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Honestly, I get a peculiar feeling about McFadden. I have a feeling that he may bust, quite atrociously. Just a hunch.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
NEVER! I do hope he ends up as no. 1....draft bust of all time!!

His spewage about H-town will not be forgotten.
I second this.

He duped NO into handing him what? 70 million?

It's hard to feel bad for a guy who made that much money without actually doing anything.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
bonus is McFadden can run between the tackles ... I look at a little in between
I agree. Although, it was Peterson's first season so it's hard to fully judge. IMO, Peterson's lower body is more powerful than McFaddens. McFadden's lower legs look like toothpicks.
Old 04-30-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts:
McFadden won't have the same impact that Peterson did, from a RB's standpoint.
McFadden is more closely related to a Bush type of back than a Peterson.
McFadden should be used the same way Bush has been used, however DMC can run between the tackles better.
McFadden is not in the class of Tomlinson nor Peterson.
McFadden should find success in Oakland. As bad as their OL is (at pass blocking) they are pretty good at rushing offense.

McFaddens carries may be limited to do Fargas, Jordan and M. Bush but he should still get a lot of touches. Russell needs all the help he can get handing the ball off but moreso throwing it.

I don't think McFadden will be a bust, but I don't think he will be extra special and not worth the #4 overall selection.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2008   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Peterson's lower body is more powerful than McFaddens. McFadden's lower legs look like toothpicks.
McFaddens has Bushlegs, eh sorry, I meant to say Birdlegs. Not a good thing
when football is most of all a game played from the butt down.
Opposite physique type of a McFadden is a Maurice Drew-Jones, who with short, stubby thick legs is far better built to be an NFL running back. And really, what does height have to do with it anyway ? Not much.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #9
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well , Wolf beat me to it .....said just what I would have said.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We're going to have to redefine "Once in a Lifetime Talent", that's for sure if we're going to talk about three guys in three different drafts, back to back to back.
Old 04-30-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden is definitely more like Bush talent-wise than Peterson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree, kastofsna.... McFadden has shown that he can throw the football to his own teammate.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

in reality he's just not the big bruising back people think he is. he's very shifty and speedy, like Bush. and Felix Jones actually carried the ball whenever they needed an "NFL-style" run.
Old 04-30-2008   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

but did u see what I did there?
Old 04-30-2008   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah very clever.
Old 04-30-2008   #16
gg no re
iggnorent

I'm working on my act for Laugh Factory

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read