Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-29-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Todd McShay's AFC South Draft Rankings

Is this guy dumb? Listen to what he says on the Texans (at 1:15). Supposedly we moved up for Duane Brown and gave up a lot in the process.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...72464&n8pe6c=2
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Todd McShay's AFC South Draft Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Is this guy dumb? Listen to what he says on the Texans (at 1:15). Supposedly we moved up for Duane Brown and gave up a lot in the process.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...72464&n8pe6c=2
Wow. I agree with him completely if he was correct. The problem is he isn't right so I don't agree with his reasoning. LOL.

I pray Brown develops as a great LT, I understand the 'experts' saying that it's a reach and that its a risky pick. I would agree with McShay if we had moved back up into the 1st round to draft him (as in giving up other picks to select him). However, it's a whole different ball game moving down to select him AND getting 2 other selections.

I think he's just having to do all the teams closely together and got confused. I'm sure right after he recorded/said this and realized he was wrong he felt like an ***** but probably realized 85% of the people watching him wouldn't care or even realize.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Wow. I agree with him completely if he was correct. The problem is he isn't right so I don't agree with his reasoning. LOL.

I pray Brown develops as a great LT, I understand the 'experts' saying that it's a reach and that its a risky pick. I would agree with McShay if we had moved back up into the 1st round to draft him (as in giving up other picks to select him). However, it's a whole different ball game moving down to select him AND getting 2 other selections.

I think he's just having to do all the teams closely together and got confused. I'm sure right after he recorded/said this and realized he was wrong he felt like an ***** but probably realized 85% of the people watching him wouldn't care or even realize.
I wonder how many screwups you get in that business ?
Old 04-29-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I wonder how many screwups you get in that business ?
I'd love to see Kiper blast him over this. I really thought they were going to get in a fist fight over the weekend.
Old 04-29-2008   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Is he really that retarded or does he have to work at it?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We gave up a lot to move UP in the draft to get Brown, huh? Wow. It just goes to show these types on analysts don't know a damn thing about what they speak, they are reading something someone handed to them.

For Gods sake, did guy even watch the draft?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Hard to believe this guy gets paid to do this. I mean, he's so freaking lucky to get to do what he does for a living and then he's clearly not even passionate about it. How do I know he's not passionate about it? BECAUSE NOBODY COULD EVER BE SO FREAKING WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT!!!

Sorry, sometimes I get upset about the wrong I see in everyday life...
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 67996 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just consider him (and his ilk) the weathermen of the NFL. Paid to make predictions, regularly proven wrong, and nobody cares.

The only folks who are actually worth paying attention to (other than getting your offseason fix leading up to the draft) are the GM's Scouts and coaches. It may take a year or three, but if they make mistakes, they're looking for a new job.
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We gave up a lot to move UP in the draft to get Brown, huh? Wow. It just goes to show these types on analysts don't know a damn thing about what they speak, they are reading something someone handed to them.

What he probably meant was that we gave up selecting a lot of good players in order to 'move' Brown 'up' the board or something like that. Obviously Kiper liked Brown more than McShay and McShay was basically stating that Brown was a reach. Kiper had him as a 2nd Rounder so its not entirely out of the question to move a player up a round if its an area of critical need. I may disagree with them but they felt an OL in the 1st Round was an area of critical need that superceded all other needs. They are the ones making the decisions so hopefully they are right on this one because at face value its not the best move.
Old 04-29-2008   #10
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Yeah, he's thinks that "gave up" = not getting *any* extra picks. Bottom line -- We wanted an LT (pun not intended) for pass protection and for our RB scheme. Plus a CB/RB.

Matt Schaub is no sack magnet like Carr. But we definitely want to give him more time to pass. Especially inside the 20.

Matt Schaub = 11G, sacked 16 times in 2007 for 126 yards lost.
Jon Kitna = 16G, sacked 51 times in 2007 for 320 yards lost (2007 leader).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
David Carr = 16G, sacked 49 times in 2004 for 301 yards lost.
David Carr = 16G, sacked 68 times in 2005 for 424 yards lost.
David Carr = 16G, sacked 41 times in 2006 for 240 yards lost.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem that McShay has is that he doesn't no which way is up. No wonder he is confused.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

McShay: "The Titans didn't draft a wide receiver until the 4th round."

OK, so he would be OK with the Titans drafting Lavelle Hawkins in the 2nd round? Then, they wouldn't have waited until the 4th. Hawkins had a better season as a receiver than his teammate, DeSean Jackson, who was selected in the 2nd. Had the Titans taken Jackson in the 1st round, McShay would have been happy.

Todd McShay is a wiener. The absolute worst of the internet scouts.
Old 04-29-2008   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

This tard also has us going backwards next year in his 09 mock draft...picking 12. Does he not know that by simply getting healthy and older we should be a better team next year? Not even speaking of additions via FA, coaching additions, or draft picks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...26id%3d3372132
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This tard also has us going backwards next year in his 09 mock draft...picking 12. Does he not know that by simply getting healthy and older we should be a better team next year? Not even speaking of additions via FA, coaching additions, or draft picks.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3372132&action=upse ll&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2f nfl%2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumn ist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3372132
Well here's how I see it going down... we're picking 12 because we traded Sage to a desperate team whose starting QB got injured at the beginning of the season. We received their '09 3rd round pick and swapped 1st rd picks if they were to pick before us. With that said, Malcolm Jenkins would be a bad pick we don't need (I really like the guy) because Dunta comes back 100% and is a great #2 CB for us, Bennett continues to improve and becomes our #1 CB. Reeves proves to be an excellent 3rd CB on the team and Molden just misses out on being named DROY (Xavier Adibi wins it at WLB), Molden becomes our Free Safety with Harrisson/Barber backing him up, Demps is our starting SS with Brown/Earl backing him up. At LB we have SLB Diles (named sophmore mvp of the team), MLB Demeco, and rookie DROY WLB Adibi.

That's why we select Greg Hardy in the 1st round to get our Pass Rushing DE that finishes off our Defense. Okam, over the course of the season proves he's the starting DT next to Amobi.

Mario--Amobi--Okam--Hardy
...Diles----Demeco----Adibi...
Bennett-----------------Dunta...
......Demps.........Molden.....

On offense we have:
LT: Brown
LG: Pitts
C: Myers
RG: Spencer
RT: Winston
QB: Schaub
WR: Johnson
WR: Davis
WR: Jones
TE: Daniels
RB: Stud Rookie RB in the 2nd rd + Steve Slaton change of pace back
Old 04-29-2008   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well here's how I see it going down... we're picking 12 because we traded Sage to a desperate team whose starting QB got injured at the beginning of the season. We received their '09 3rd round pick and swapped 1st rd picks if they were to pick before us. With that said, Malcolm Jenkins would be a bad pick we don't need (I really like the guy) because Dunta comes back 100% and is a great #2 CB for us, Bennett continues to improve and becomes our #1 CB. Reeves proves to be an excellent 3rd CB on the team and Molden just misses out on being named DROY (Xavier Adibi wins it at WLB), Molden becomes our Free Safety with Harrisson/Barber backing him up, Demps is our starting SS with Brown/Earl backing him up. At LB we have SLB Diles (named sophmore mvp of the team), MLB Demeco, and rookie DROY WLB Adibi.

That's why we select Greg Hardy in the 1st round to get our Pass Rushing DE that finishes off our Defense. Okam, over the course of the season proves he's the starting DT next to Amobi.

On offense we have:
As much as I want to like what you're saying... I just don't believe they're moving Molden to saftey. If we wanted a saftey in the third we would have drafted one. Molden and Bennett I believe are our future at CB, which means Dunta is either going to move to saftey or he's gone as soon as his contract is up.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

people calm down, this is the same dumbass that would take chris long over mario because his forty time was better, call him the village ***** that gets out for the draft
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Kiper must have been controlling the tellaprompter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

On offense we have:
If thats the case I think we pretty much got the superbowl wrapped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #19
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I'm not very opinionated or outspoken I just left it alone.

Since that is a complete lie I called their support line and told them he is just one example of why I will NEVER subscribe to ESPN. Maybe he'll get fired. Hell I can do his job. Imagine your only job is to scout talent and then report on it. Then once a year you get PAID to be at the draft. And when you can't talk about what happened.... WOW.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #20
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

On offense we have:
I can't provide a link, but I saw somewhere that we may turn Okam into a G. "Athletic DT's make very good and cheap G's" I'll look to see where I saw it when I get to work tomorrow.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read