Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-04-2008   #61
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nashville: Seemingly, Titans didnít help Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I thought the Titans draft was only so-so, but I don't see why a lot of people are mercilessly crapping all over the draft. It could be that this WR class did not impress any Titans staffer enough to make them think "Vince could throw to this guy and it would work", so why pick one up early. Crumpler is good, but I think he's on his decline, and I think that Johnson isn't going to run in between the tackles. He just has "electric 2 yard gain" written all over him.

Vince certainly isn't getting the help his counterparts from the '06 draft are getting. And that's sad.
I think your probably right as this WR class was one of the worst in a long time. However, Sweed is one guy that VY has had experience throwing the ball to and seems to be a pretty fair reciever. IMO, they just decided to change the offenseive scheme to fit what talent VY has and that isn't hitting a reciever very far down field with any accuracy. So, the short passing game with lots of running and controlling the game. Couple that with a very good defense and that can be successfull.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #62
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. I think once they brought in the new/old OC and he watched film on Young and they decided that his best play is the handoff.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #63
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Bulluck, Your peeps used that as an excuse last season, not us... Blazing Saddles consistently talked about receivers dropping balls and that they needed to get some weapons at the WR spot for vincent to throw to....

......Just sayin'
Well, I'm not my peeps. The blame for those drops goes both ways, most will realize that, but you saw some of those passes and you know they weren't all his fault. Like BA said Vince gained Crumpler and Johnson, two play makers. IMO, we didn't need another #2 receiver and thats what they all were going into the draft.

Spec, I truly believe Fisher and Co. were eyeing Sweed in the second before Pittsburgh snagged him in front of us. After him there was no one worth spending even a 2nd on so we addressed other needs. I'm fine with it. Sweed was the only one I wanted early and I didn't think he was worth a 1... obviously no one else did either.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #64
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Well, I'm not my peeps. The blame for those drops goes both ways, most will realize that, but you saw some of those passes and you know they weren't all his fault. Like BA said Vince gained Crumpler and Johnson, two play makers. IMO, we didn't need another #2 receiver and thats what they all were going into the draft.

Spec, I truly believe Fisher and Co. were eyeing Sweed in the second before Pittsburgh snagged him in front of us. After him there was no one worth spending even a 2nd on so we addressed other needs. I'm fine with it. Sweed was the only one I wanted early and I didn't think he was worth a 1... obviously no one else did either.
I think when the run on WR's went off in the 2nd the Titans should've traded up to get Sweed. Not trade up much, but enough to get him. I noticed not too many Titans fans talk about the 2nd round pick that was taken. I thought that was a huge surprise. (Yes I realize Duane Brown is considered by and far a larger reach than Jason Jones)

But yeah, I thought Early Doucet could've been a decent pick in the 2nd. But that doesn't mean that Bud and his band of merry men thought that same thing.
Old 05-09-2008   #65
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I try not to complain too much about reaches, I figure if they have a guy they like and don't want to risk losing him then they might as well take him (on the other hand, Jax trading up to 8 and grabbing Harvey was pretty dumb). Every pick in the draft filled a how except for the Tight End from Cal, and they said he was too good to pass up. My guess is they have a lot of confidence in Paul Williams, our 3rd (?) round pick out of Fresno last year.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #66
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I try not to complain too much about reaches, I figure if they have a guy they like and don't want to risk losing him then they might as well take him (on the other hand, Jax trading up to 8 and grabbing Harvey was pretty dumb). Every pick in the draft filled a how except for the Tight End from Cal, and they said he was too good to pass up. My guess is they have a lot of confidence in Paul Williams, our 3rd (?) round pick out of Fresno last year.
That's my guess. I didn't think it's too encouraging that Williams did not play (or did he play some) last season. We have players that we drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds that didn't play last year, but we aren't expecting them to make an impact this year.

Every year I hear talk about how Tennessee is on the decline and they ****ed their draft up. Well, I'm hearing it again this year, and I refuse to believe the Titans are on the decline as long as Fat al is there.
Old 05-09-2008   #67
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's my guess. I didn't think it's too encouraging that Williams did not play (or did he play some) last season. We have players that we drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds that didn't play last year, but we aren't expecting them to make an impact this year.

Every year I hear talk about how Tennessee is on the decline and they ****ed their draft up. Well, I'm hearing it again this year, and I refuse to believe the Titans are on the decline as long as Fat al is there.
jeff fisher is a hell of a coach
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2008   #68
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
jeff fisher is a hell of a coach
It'll be a sad day when Bud runs him out of Nashville.
Old 06-06-2008   #69
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Every team has fans who do not understand the game. Most of yours have actually worked for the Texans. Jazz Hands for example .... [imagine white gloves and perfect hair]
.........You, of course being the expert!
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008   #70
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It'll be a sad day when Bud runs him out of Nashville.
Not anytime soon, IMO. Bud finally got smart after he fired Bum. Coach Fisher was just resigned. Now the longest running tenure of all NFL coaches.

And with their last draft, the Titans will be even more of a good running team, smart defense.
Old 06-12-2008   #71
NBT
Veteran

I can understand the guy feeling the way he does, when the Tacks could use more and better WRs. His use of the english language was terrible I admit, but his point is made. Come on people, there are a lot of you who could not fathom the thinking in Casserly & Capers in some of their dealings either. So it has not been that long ago for us either.
Fisher understands what he has to work with though, and he is trying to do what he can to empasize what his strengths are ( excellent defense, and a good running game), so he chose to go RB Chris Johnson in the Draft. I really don't blame him until VY learns to read defenses better, that is the best trump card Fisher has.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read