Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 05-01-2008   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nashville: Seemingly, Titans didnít help Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Every team has fans who do not understand the game. Most of yours have actually worked for the Texans. Jazz Hands for example .... [imagine white gloves and perfect hair]
Are you saying wonderlic genius understands the game? Did someone write it out for him in crayon?
Old 05-01-2008   #22
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dude, that was sooooo weak, that I couldn't even get a decent chuckle out of it...
Hey they can't all be gold. I was just looking for an excuse to use the "this big" guy.

I think we had a pretty solid draft. I have a feeling Hummer took a look at our WR core and felt he had enough weapons to work with for Young. Crumpler will help allot and Johnson will be a nice change of pace back from White.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey they can't all be gold. I was just looking for an excuse to use the "this big" guy.

I think we had a pretty solid draft. I have a feeling Hummer took a look at our WR core and felt he had enough weapons to work with for Young. Crumpler will help allot and Johnson will be a nice change of pace back from White.
I figured you'd be pissed about not taking a receiver for Young. I guess they plan on throwing a lot swing / screen passes to Johnson. BUT you still have to be able to throw the ball down the field. BTW, Crumpler was a pro-bowl TE, but he also drops a lot of passes too.
Old 05-01-2008   #24
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Except that last year y'all blamed the recieving corps, and their imagined drops (because the stats say otherwise), for VY's poor year.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #25
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I figured you'd be pissed about not taking a receiver for Young. I guess they plan on throwing a lot swing / screen passes to Johnson. BUT you still have to be able to throw the ball down the field. BTW, Crumpler was a pro-bowl TE, but he also drops a lot of passes too.

Crumpler should work well with Young. He had great seasons with the dog beater. I was a little upset we did not pick up WR but I really think the new OC will improve our WRs. Look at McNairs MVP season. Mason was good but JMac and Bennett were mid level talent at best that Hummer made better through coaching. Hopefully with JMac back and the rest of our young WR core he can find a diamond in the rough. We still have not even seen P Williams on the field yet that we drafted last season. R Williams and B Jones have potential to tap.

Our offense does not need to improve that much IMO. Change a field goal or two into TDs each game and we might have taken division last season. Obviously that is not a flip of the switch but I do not think Chow has the mind set required to scheme in the NFL. His play calling was very unimaginative and at times you could almost pick the next two or three plays that were going to get called.

Old 05-01-2008   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Except that last year y'all blamed the recieving corps, and their imagined drops (because the stats say otherwise), for VY's poor year.
It is not an imagined stat. Anyone who watched the games would know this. The stat is so arbitrary on what is defined a drop and what is not that it is hard to track. One persons drop could be another person bad pass.

Our WRs do have issues but I am not really sure what Chow did to help them. Hummer has a proven track record with mid level WRs. Our WR core + Hummer is an improvement over our WR + Chow. I have no doubt in my mind on that.

Last edited by Blazing Arrow; 05-01-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2008   #27
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Crumpler should work well with Young. He had great seasons with the dog beater. I was a little upset we did not pick up WR but I really think the new OC will improve our WRs. Look at McNairs MVP season. Mason was good but JMac and Bennett were mid level talent at best that Hummer made better through coaching. Hopefully with JMac back and the rest of our young WR core he can find a diamond in the rough. We still have not even seen P Williams on the field yet that we drafted last season. R Williams and B Jones have potential to tap.

Our offense does not need to improve that much IMO. Change a field goal or two into TDs each game and we might have taken division last season. Obviously that is not a flip of the switch but I do not think Chow has the mind set required to scheme in the NFL. His play calling was very unimaginative and at times you could almost pick the next two or three plays that were going to get called.
No Offense...but he kinda had to be with who was under center. I think Chow's biggest problem was he expected too much out of Vince as a passer.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2008   #28
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
No Offense...but he kinda had to be with who was under center. I think Chow's biggest problem was he expected too much out of Vince as a passer.
I think Chow's biggest problem was he was overruled in that draft. I don't think Chow wanted any part of VY as his QB, he would have much rather had Leinart of Cutler.
Old 05-01-2008   #29
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
The first thing Hummer did when he came in was work on Young's foot work. Are you telling me in two season with Chow this was never an issue. At times Young looked occurred in his drop back. That is huge in the NFL. If Chow did not think it was an issue he was not suited to be an NFL OC.

Old 05-01-2008   #30
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
The first thing Hummer did when he came in was work on Young's foot work. Are you telling me in two season with Chow this was never an issue. At times Young looked occurred in his drop back. That is huge in the NFL. If Chow did not think it was an issue he was not suited to be an NFL OC.
Maybe Chow tried to correct VY's footwork and failed. Sounds like the more reasonable option, espically when you consider the QBs Chow has coached at USC.
Old 05-01-2008   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmmm.... Chow came from a big time program (although I hate USC) where they used a pro-style offense.
Old 05-01-2008   #32
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Hmmmm.... Chow came from a big time program (although I hate USC) where they used a pro-style offense.
And he used a Tecmo Bowl play list ...

Old 05-01-2008   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are talking to experts when it comes to QB's with bad mechanics . My thought is when said QB freaks ... he reverts back to his bad habits .
Old 05-01-2008   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
It's all about the players on the field. Chow was also fairly successful at BYU. Point is, he probably had to really dumb down the playbook for 'his holiness'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You are talking to experts when it comes to QB's with bad mechanics . My thought is when said QB freaks ... he reverts back to his bad habits .
*quick.... fetal position* ...................... My bad, I had a flashback..
Old 05-01-2008   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

....so Vince could understand it?

Go ahead, finish the sentence the way it should be finished. It's ok, we had David Carr here. We know how you feel and we won't judge you.
Old 05-01-2008   #36
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Maybe Chow tried to correct VY's footwork and failed. Sounds like the more reasonable option, espically when you consider the QBs Chow has coached at USC.
Yeah, this smacks of all those folks who were wondering if the D-Line coaches for the Texans were teaching Mario any pass rush moves prior to his breakout in the middle of last year.

Difference is that Mario progressed and went from being a concern to being a pro-bowl alternate.

VY regressed and went from being a Pro-Bowler (after numerous drop-outs) to being a concern.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #37
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
It's all about the players on the field. Chow was also fairly successful at BYU. Point is, he probably had to really dumb down the playbook for 'his holiness' ..
Because the ability to coach in college translates across to the NFL everytime.

Old 05-01-2008   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Because the ability to coach in college translates across to the NFL everytime.
Exactly... the same way it translates for spread option QB's....
Old 05-01-2008   #39
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly... the same way it translates for spread option QB's....
Come on Bill Look at Alex Smith's Success......
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's all about the players on the field. Chow was also fairly successful at BYU. Point is, he probably had to really dumb down the playbook for 'his holiness'

*quick.... fetal position* ...................... My bad, I had a flashback..
Duh ... he was protecting the ball ... like it was a child .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read