Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: What draft pick are you most pleased with?
Duane Brown (OT) 20 18.35%
Antwaun Molden (CB) 19 17.43%
Steve Slaton (RB) 29 26.61%
Xavier Adibi (OLB) 27 24.77%
Frank Okam (DT) 11 10.09%
Dominique Barber (FS) 0 0%
Alex Brink (QB) 3 2.75%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2008   #1
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default What draft pick are you most pleased with?

I would say Xavier Adibi. This guy is a total monster who unquestionably has the potential to complement DeMeco quite nicely. A great pick, we always manage to pick up great players in the fourth.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: What draft pick are you most pleased with?

See my best value pick thread. The great thing here is i'm very happy with our first 5 picks and think they can all contribute from the start. I'm not upset with Barber and Spinks, I just dont think they'll be contributors at the level of the first 5 picks. Hopefully Barber finds his niche on special teams and Spinks becomes the next Sage Rosenfels though!!!
Old 04-28-2008   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't help myself. I voted for Brink. I just didn't want his confidence to take that knock from checking out his new teams website and seeing that nobody was pleased that they drafted him.

You go get some Alex Brink! You da' MAN!
Old 04-28-2008   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I couldn't help myself. I voted for Brink. I just didn't want his confidence to take that knock from checking out his new teams website and seeing that nobody was pleased that they drafted him.

You go get some Alex Brink! You da' MAN!
I've never seen so much disapproval of a 7th round pick lol. You'd think that by picking him the entire draft was ruined according to some people lol.
Old 04-28-2008   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I'm the odd ball here but who really cares about the 7th round pick? TRJ is calling him by a different name already (Brink not Spinks - though he's going to need a knockout to get on the field). So they drafted a QB who might have potential - great that's what that pick is for. Not like they just randomly picked his name out a hat. Best of luck Brink.

Adibi. Always looked good in college. Hopefully he can transition to the pros. At minimum he should be a pretty good ST guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm really siked about Slaton, so I voted for him. I am really hoping that he will be the home run threat this offense has truly been missing. I can't wait to see him get in the open field on the first screen play he runs.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I'm not really all that stoked about any of them individually. So said, I think that Rick Smith and Kubiak did about the best they could given the picks that they had. They filled some holes, created some depth, and appear to have picked up some really good value with the picks that we did have.

It's not sexy but it looks like a winner. Solid, but unspectacular, draft.

Oh, and to answer the question, I'm going to say Brown. He may be a project, but we've wanted a round one LT since jump and we've got him now. That said, I'm going to put my vote where my mouth is and get behind that pick.
Old 04-28-2008   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Xavier Adibi...

With Mario and Amobi screaming down on the QB (or soaking up the double teams), and that of Demeco and Xavier covering the middle and adding blitz pressure on the QB as well...I could go in and sub for Dunta and make a confortable living! Well, not really, but you know what I mean.
Old 04-28-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny... I wanted to go mostly defense in this year's draft, but the pick I am most pleased with is, Steve Slaton. As long as he used correctly (not as an every down back), he could be an added weapon fot the offense.
Old 04-28-2008   #10
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well we did get Myers in the 6th and he should start for us
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well we did get Myers in the 6th and he should start for us
We landed Schaub in the 2nd also.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pleased with the first 5 picks, but I'd lean towards Slaton for thread sake. It's going to be nice seeing our RB's actually getting to the outside when they're supposed to. I've been imagining Slaton on 3rd down screens and mis-direction tosses ever since we drafted him. The guy's a burner and I enjoyed watching WV play the past couple years due to his abilities.
Old 04-28-2008   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Okam.

I'm pleased with all of them. But if Okam really does have a fire in him, he's going to make everyone on that defense better. It's going to be harder to block Amobi and Mario. We're going to improve in the run defense. Guards and centers are going to have more trouble getting to the second level to block Demeco and the other LB's.

He might not put up big individual numbers or anything but he could be a very important pick.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Okam.

Just ask Ray Lewis what a huge hole-plugging beast can do for a LB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #16
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I'd say Adibi. He's going to help out ASAP I think. I also think getting him in the 4th was a steal.

But I also like the Okam and Slaton picks as well. Of course I like getting Duane, we need a LT, hopefully this is the last draft where half the board wants a LT.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I choose Molden, bcause we needed another CB and if, as they have said, he can play like Dunta and Bennett and is not affraid to tackle and will support stopping the run, and I am excited. Being that he is tall and has some speed (4.39 at the combine) he will be able toto match up with the bigger receivers once he gets some exp. I just hope he plays as fast as in 40 time is.

Sorry Faggins but I hope this means you do not make the roster out of training camp.
Old 04-28-2008   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52757 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pleased with the first 5 picks, but I went with Adibi simply because to me he represented the best value. I really thought he would go mid 2nd to mid 3rd. But, I'm happy with all those guys. Now rounds 6 and especially 7......
Old 04-28-2008   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Adibi. I had been watching this dude all last year & it just seemed like he was in on every play. 2nd i would have to say Brown b/c we've needed an LT for so long & our front office finally felt that it was something that had to be addressed so we can move to the next level on offense. It really just more of the fact that i got tired of the patchwork...... save for Spencer.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll answer this once I can see them play. Right now every team in the league feels good about their draft.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read