Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2008   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Alex Gibbs actually exist ?

he kinda has a yoda without the ears thing going on...or a condensed, super concentrated Professor from Back to the Future.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #62
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
he kinda has a yoda without the ears thing going on...

"When 24 years of coaching big-uglies you reach, look as good you will not"
Old 05-01-2008   #63
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Alex Gibbs recently visited The Virgin Islands. Now they're just called... The Islands.

I've read this post five times and it cracks me up every time.
Rep!

Last edited by ObsiWan; 05-01-2008 at 12:47 AM.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #64
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
LOL!!

you know I love a good Star Wars quote
Old 05-01-2008   #65
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

did i mention how much i love this thread?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #66
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have heard that there are only 10 bad mofo's in the world and nine of them send Alex Gibbs Christmas cards.
Old 05-01-2008   #67
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Scene: First day of rookie mimi-camp.

One rather large figure is walking with a much smaller, older man.

Duane Brown: I won't fail you. I'm not afraid.

Gibbs-Yoda: You will be. You will be

Later that day.

Gibbs-Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Zone-Blocking, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Zone-Blocking around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the goalposts.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2008   #68
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've met Alex Gibbs. Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith brought him into my restaurant and talked for about 5-6 hours a day or two before they officially hired Gibbs. I can say definitively that:

1) Kubiak was giddy after the meeting. I congratulated him (I'll confess that I didn't know what Gibbs looked like either or who the third guy at the table was). I figured out who he was when Kubiak thanked me for helping the Texans hire someone that was going to change the team, someone he coached with back in the day. He seriously looked like a 16 year old kid that found his dad's Playboy stash. Grin from ear to ear.

2) If you ever do see Gibbs, buy him a Bud Light. He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak. He isn't the world's most talkative guy, I'll admit. He thanked me when I served him (as well as when I said welcome to Houston), but had little more to say. I suspect Gibbs could've been a head coach anywhere he chose, but prefers the anonymity of being the brains behind the operation.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #69
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
If you ever do see Gibbs, buy him a Bud Light. He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak.
Alex Gibbs doesn't get hangovers. Hangovers get Alex Gibbs.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #70
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
....He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak....
How do you know he drank all of it?

I think upwards of 40% of it simply evaporated due to the pressure of being in a bottle held by Alex Gibbs. I bet if it had been Coors Light then the label wouldn't have been able to turn blue no matter how cold they got it.
Old 05-01-2008   #71
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

alex gibbs can not only eat a rubiks cube, and crap it out solved, but he can then make said cube stand up and cut block

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
alex gibbs can not only eat a rubiks cube, and crap it out solved, but he can then make said cube stand up and cut block
At a Pro Bowl level no less!
Old 05-01-2008   #73
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At a Pro Bowl level no less!
Even if the rubiks cube is only the 6th best rubiks cube on the board and taken 26th overall in the draft.
Old 05-01-2008   #74
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

The feared Chuck Norris roundhouse kick is merely a variation of the legwhip technique Chuck learned while studying under Master Alex Gibbs.
Old 05-01-2008   #75
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Gibbs doesn't speak to the media, he's too busy curing cancer with his tears.
I could picture Gibbs looking for a way to cut block cancer. But, failing that he would probably take Brown down to MD Anderson to cut block somebody with cancer
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008   #76
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Gibbs bore Gary Kubiak from his head after swallowing Mark Schlereth.
Old 05-01-2008   #77
TexansFanatic
Extremist

The first rule of Alex Gibbs is you do not talk about Alex Gibbs.
Old 05-01-2008   #78
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only rubick cube worth solving has 28 sides......... and only Gibbs can solve it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #79
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Alex Gibbs solved the Mystery of Al Capone's Vault.
Old 05-02-2008   #80
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Contrary to popular belief, the Titanic did not sink due to impact with an iceberg. Alex Gibbs ripped a gash in the side of the steel hull when demonstrating his legwhip technique to a British soccer coach.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read