Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2008   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: texans sign UDFA MOFFITT

And the guy wonders why he didn't get drafted? Geesh get a new agent. Hopefully he works out for us though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #22
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Richard Smith has already stated that he will be an OLB. a poster on footballsfuture.com is reporting that we signed Jesse Nading, DE, Colorado State. Isn't that were Kubiak's son goes to schoo?l

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=228453
WTF? Some guy stole my sig! What a weiners. I had this custom made and can prove it. Booo! I'm going to PM him.

*Edit*
Just saw another one! WTH! Thieves!

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.

Last edited by PapaL; 04-28-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2008   #23
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
WTF? Some guy stole my sig! Marco79. What a weiner. I had this custom made and can prove it. Booo! I'm going to PM him.
Here, I fixed it for you. You had a typo

Old 04-28-2008   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Here, I fixed it for you. You had a typo

HaHaHa - I actually enjoyed that. The best part was that I kept reading the text that wrote and it matched up fine to what you had. Took me a while to see the pic.

Must spread Red!

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i'm still stuck on the richard smith mystery scheme thing... so forgive me. he seemed unwilling to call him either a Sam or Will. He kept saying he'll play the left or the right... makes me wonder if the scheme that doesnt have Free and STrong safetys doesnt have Sam and Mike's either...
Exactly!

I hadn't know his scheme was right/left like that until he said that during the press conference.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i'm still stuck on the richard smith mystery scheme thing... so forgive me. he seemed unwilling to call him either a Sam or Will. He kept saying he'll play the left or the right... makes me wonder if the scheme that doesnt have Free and STrong safetys doesnt have Sam and Mike's either...
Mike is Middle. Sam is Strong side....Will is Weak side....with 11 players there is generally always a Strong, Middle and Weak side of the ball/hash marks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Mike is Middle. Sam is Strong side....Will is Weak side....with 11 players there is generally always a Strong, Middle and Weak side of the ball/hash marks.
Yes BUT... we play a right/left arrangement with our CB's, Safeties and from what Smith said during the press conference, with our LB's.

So our linebackers always line up on a given side and then change responsibilities depending on whether they're lined up on the strong or weak side. So calling Greenwood the Will linebacker is incorrect because he's just an outside linebacker who lines up on the left side of the defense and takes on Will or Sam responsibilities based on the formation. He doesn't switch to the weakside depending on the offensive lineup. So he's not the Will or the Sam. With Adibi, same thing. He's an outside linebacker.

This is similar to what has been said about the corners and safeties.

I hadn't really noticed it before with the linebackers. The only ones who swap sides appear to be the linemen and even then, it's not to always get Mario on the strong or weak side.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2008   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It's also where David Anderson went to school.
And Mike Brisiel and Joel Dreessen
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #29
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/...31&postcount=7
some great things said about moffitt according to the link and the info he got form them
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...-his-children/

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan...colleges-bulls

I hope the witch follows him. Be an interesting summer.
Old 04-30-2008   #31
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he got out of town just in time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3300159

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3366543
Old 04-30-2008   #32
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this is why he didn't get drafted?

The guy was always making plays whenever I watched South Florida. Tried to focus on Selvie and Jenkins, but I heard Moffitt's name a lot and saw him all over the field. I can see him being a nice young back up, but doubtful if he's much more on our team- maybe a special teamer too.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #33
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wonder if he's taking over the backup Mike job now that Diles is moved over to Sam?
Old 04-30-2008   #34
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19488 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Wow. With that, I'm honestly surprised that we picked him up, even as a UDFA.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Watched him play several games and my impression is that he will be a very good special teams player and quality backup.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #36
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Yes BUT... we play a right/left arrangement with our CB's, Safeties and from what Smith said during the press conference, with our LB's.

So our linebackers always line up on a given side and then change responsibilities depending on whether they're lined up on the strong or weak side. So calling Greenwood the Will linebacker is incorrect because he's just an outside linebacker who lines up on the left side of the defense and takes on Will or Sam responsibilities based on the formation. He doesn't switch to the weakside depending on the offensive lineup. So he's not the Will or the Sam. With Adibi, same thing. He's an outside linebacker.

This is similar to what has been said about the corners and safeties.

I hadn't really noticed it before with the linebackers. The only ones who swap sides appear to be the linemen and even then, it's not to always get Mario on the strong or weak side.
yes. that's exactly what i've heard now as well. makes sense.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008   #37
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
UCF isn't USF
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read