Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2008   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default texans sign UDFA MOFFITT

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/0...ted-moffi.html
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #2
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: texans sign UDFA MOFFITT

I don't think his agent was paying much attention to our draft based on his comments.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #3
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, that was fast!

Go Gettum Rick!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I don't think his agent was paying much attention to our draft based on his comments.
i noticed that as well. he might want to get a new agent. i wonder if that's why he signed with us?
Old 04-27-2008   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Perhaps he's just trying to get into Adibi's head.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

good pickup. love this guy. some weird off-the-field issues though
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Good pickup IMO. With Diles moving to the outside, Moffitt could earn a spot backing up DeMeco.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2008   #8
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1517 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

Wow, you would think his agent is Drew Rosenhaus with a dumbass statement like that.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #9
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i noticed that as well. he might want to get a new agent. i wonder if that's why he signed with us?
I think his agent was trying to sell me a magazine subscription last week. I noticed a copy of NFL Agent for Dummies in his bag as he was stumbling from my front door.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans also signed Hawaii WR Ryan Grice-Mullins
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I like these pickups, Moffit especially. He's an overachiever high motor type who would be a very good backup Mike.
Old 04-27-2008   #12
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Grice-Mullen
Quote:
Strengths:
Has soft, reliable hands...Elusive and runs well after the catch...An excellent route runner...More quick than fast...Good ball skills and will make the amazing catch..A decent blocker..Smart with nice awareness...Tough and fearless...Real productive.

Weaknesses:
Height and bulk are just average...Does not have great speed and will struggle to separate from pro corners...Not real explosive and lacks a burst...Isn't very strong and gets pushed around...A marginal leaper...Has to adjust to a pro style offense.

Notes:
With both June Jones and Colt Brennan leaving he opted to go pro after his junior season just like his teammate Davone Bess...Isn't nearly the pro prospect that his statistics might lead you to believe...In many ways was a product of the Warriors "Run and Shoot" offense....Profiles as a prototypical slot receiver at the next level.
Sounds like his positives out-weighs his negative.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

The one that I want to know about is where Sybil goes.

Tommy Blake.

I have a real hard on for this guy. I really really really want him. I saw him play and he was a MONSTER. I kept screaming for the Texans to take him since the 3rd round.

A good thing that I'm not a GM.
Old 04-27-2008   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
Maybe some insider information about moving Xavier Adibi to Safety like Michael Boulware did?

That would make sense as to why his agent thought there were no linebackers drafted.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Ryan Grice-Mullen

Sounds like his positives out-weighs his negative.
Reminds me of David Anderson which isn't a bad thing for someone that is an undrafted free agent.
Old 04-27-2008   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Maybe some insider information about moving Xavier Adibi to Safety like Michael Boulware did?

That would make sense as to why his agent thought there were no linebackers drafted.
Booooo!!!

I do NOT want him moved! I want him to play linebacker. That's it.
Old 04-27-2008   #17
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Booooo!!!

I do NOT want him moved! I want him to play linebacker. That's it.
Richard Smith has already stated that he will be an OLB. a poster on footballsfuture.com is reporting that we signed Jesse Nading, DE, Colorado State. Isn't that were Kubiak's son goes to schoo?l

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=228453
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Xavier Adibi will not move to safety. No.

On topic of the thread, Moffit will probably try out SLB. He is a tackling machine, and he is a smart LB, but the guy is slow as shit so he may end up as a backup MLB. Kastofna can back me up on this because we both live in Florida and got to see USF play. The guy can play, no doubt, it's his speed that's the question.

Kas, explain the off the field issues.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
Richard Smith has already stated that he will be an OLB. a poster on footballsfuture.com is reporting that we signed Jesse Nading, DE, Colorado State. Isn't that were Kubiak's son goes to schoo?l

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=228453
It's also where David Anderson went to school.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

i'm still stuck on the richard smith mystery scheme thing... so forgive me. he seemed unwilling to call him either a Sam or Will. He kept saying he'll play the left or the right... makes me wonder if the scheme that doesnt have Free and STrong safetys doesnt have Sam and Mike's either...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read