Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-27-2008   #1
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans get flamed!

Funny stuff:

Tennessee Titans (Last Year: 10-6)

2008 NFL Draft Picks:

24. Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
The Titans are either really dumb or really smart. I say that because they either didn't learn a single lesson from drafting Chris Henry last year. Or, they want Vince Young to fail. Either way, Tennessee is not putting itself in the best position to win. This is a huge reach. (Pick Grade: F)

54. Jason Jones, DE, Michigan State
I'm going to copy-paste this out of my 2008 Live NFL Draft Blog because I can't think of anything better to say here:

Dear Vince Young,

We hate you. We will never give you a good receiver. We will surround you with crap like Justin McCareins and Eric Moulds. We want you to fail. We will salt your wounds and burn your lands. Death to the Philistines!

Sincerely,

Titans Front Office (Pick Grade: F)

85. Craig Stevens, TE, California
What a surprise, the Titans pass on a receiver once again and reach for another player. (Pick Grade: D)

103. Williams Hayes, DE, Winston-Salem
Who!?!??!? This is the equivalent of a guy taking Rex Grossman in the ninth round of a fantasy league because he forgot his fantasy mag and is running out of players off the top of his head. Williams Hayes may also be an assassin the Titans front office has hired to take out Vince Young. (Pick Grade: F-)

http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2008ten.php
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans get flamed!

Yeah I was scratching my head with their first pick..... perhaps they are trying to save on their food expenses by replacing Lendale I guess.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #3
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Yeah I was scratching my head with their first pick..... perhaps they are trying to save on their food expenses by replacing Lendale I guess.
I was too. Two speedy runners (QB and RB). That's fine. But guess they don't care about passing. Maybe they want Vince to just run or hand-off most of the time.

Strange.

Houston Texans Big Mistake - Ha ha! NOT!
Smash_Mouth_Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

went to the team website a few times this weekend after their picks and there was a near revolution.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think we won't be in the division basement this year
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #6
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Smash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVPSmash_Mouth_Mario was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
went to the team website a few times this weekend after their picks and there was a near revolution.

Heh...a revolt?

Old 04-27-2008   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash_Mouth_Mario View Post
I was too. Two speedy runners (QB and RB). That's fine. But guess they don't care about passing. Maybe they want Vince to just run or hand-off most of the time.

Strange.
That's probably the best way for Vince to succeed; keep the ball on the ground.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2008   #8
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

In my mind, i think Johnson is the best back in the draft. He's the fastest on the track and on the field. He catches well and is a great 1 cut downhill runner. Unlike Henry from last yr, he has great production. He avg 16 ypc and 6 ypcarry.

The other guy was targeted by alot of 3-4 teams. Hes a big atheletic freak that can play the 5 technique. He's a former basketball player and actually was recruited in michigan as the number 1 basketball player. I hate draft grades because everyone always has something to say about what they think. In 3 yrs it will all shake out.

I think Johnson will be offensive rookie of the yr.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the Titans started this trend of ultra-stupid draft picks with Vince Young. haven't really looked back since.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I hate draft grades because everyone always has something to say about what they think.
i personally don't want to live in a world where people are allowed to say something about what they think.
Old 04-27-2008   #11
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

On the other side of the AFC South I thought that the jags did a very, very good job with their draft....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
On the other side of the AFC South I thought that the jags did a very, very good job with their draft....
Hopefully our OL is up to snuff by the time we play them... An already scary defense adds Harvey and Demps YEESH!!!
Old 04-27-2008   #13
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
You mean go towards his strengths? Yeah, that could be their plan. But Fisher stated that he would have picked a WR if there was one available.

Seems like they took the best player available. Not based on needs.

Revolt forum -> http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...isplay.php?f=2

Old 04-27-2008   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

indeed, his strengths are getting the ball away from him ASAP into a runningback's hands.
Old 04-27-2008   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

They are sneaky.....I'm telling ya, they are going the triple option. It's going to set the league on fire.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #16
Smash_Mouth_Mario
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
They are sneaky.....I'm telling ya, they are going the triple option. It's going to set the league on fire.
On ESPN highlights?

Bring it.

We have a quadruple option to worry about in Payton Manning.

Old 04-27-2008   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
ain't that the truth, do the titans know something we don't
Old 04-27-2008   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
suddenly that monday nighter is looking tough
Old 04-27-2008   #19
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank all that's holy that they didn't pick up Sweed and/or Charles, otherwise the Texans would have been completly pushed out of the Austin area
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Thank all that's holy that they didn't pick up Sweed and/or Charles, otherwise the Texans would have been completly pushed out of the Austin area
believe me, the austin area is pissed like when mario was taken over the "the first son of the football GOD"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read