Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2008   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Videos of your new Houston Texans.

Xavier Adibi OLB VT and Duane Brown LT VT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...30752&i=241652

Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky (my favorite pick, this kid looks good)

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/dra...un-molden---cb

Steve Slaton RB WV

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...30756&i=274786

Frank Okam DT TEXAS (maybe some people will shutup and stop acting like we have some aggie agenda Head coach....that's B2B Texas lineman in the past two drafts)

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/dra...rank-okam---dt

Dominique Barber S Minnesota

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...31102&i=275329

If somebody wants to track down our 7th round QB knock yourself out.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #2
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Videos of your new Houston Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Xavier Adibi OLB VT and Duane Brown LT VT

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...30752&i=241652

Antwaun Molden CB Eastern Kentucky (my favorite pick, this kid looks good)

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/dra...un-molden---cb

Steve Slaton RB WV

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...30756&i=274786

Frank Okam DT TEXAS (maybe some people will shutup and stop acting like we have some aggie agenda Head coach....that's B2B Texas lineman in the past two drafts)

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/dra...rank-okam---dt

Dominique Barber S Minnesota

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...31102&i=275329

If somebody wants to track down our 7th round QB knock yourself out.
Frank Okam - Did you see that guy move!??!?! at 350 lbs i havent seen moves like that since Vince Wilfork.
Old 04-27-2008   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Frank Okam - Did you see that guy move!??!?! at 350 lbs i havent seen moves like that since Vince Wilfork.
I show him as listed as 322 lbs.
Old 04-27-2008   #4
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Fine....322...he moves like hes 280-290
Old 04-27-2008   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At the combine he was listed at 6'4 1/2 and 347 pounds........he's a beast of a man.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 04-27-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

that was nice CB

raised my spirits up on the xavier video.. esp with a VT #90 right next to him after the tackle (about 6 seconds left in the video)

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
that was nice CB

raised my spirits up on the xavier video.. esp with a VT #90 right next to him after the tackle (about 6 seconds left in the video)

Who's VT #90?
Old 04-27-2008   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who's VT #90?
not sure but I imagined a steel blue #90 right there
Old 04-27-2008   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
not sure but I imagined a steel blue #90 right there
Gotcha. I was thinking the same thing but was like.... he didn't go there.
Old 04-27-2008   #10
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Like the video on Molden, impressed with this guy, good quality video not sure about the presenting though.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwu6atyPECM

Ryan Grice-Mullen @ Texans camp
Old 05-19-2008   #12
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Alex Brink - The Good:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...-8&sa=N&tab=wv

Alex Brink - The Bad:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlz...bad-day_school

The bad is in 2006 vs Auburn, which always has a stout D and the good is last year vs SDSU which is basically unknown here in Big XII country. Hopefully Kubes can coach him up, but if not it was only worth a 7th round pick.
Old 05-19-2008   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Two other UDFA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxz-H7yJrSs (Ben Moffitt)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWtizMV6Xc (D.Jenkins)
Old 05-19-2008   #14
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

no question to me, moulden looks to be our best pick out of the gates. he just looks really fast and comfortable. smart, well spoken kid as well. i expect to see good things out of him really fast. our draft looks like a draft done by a team with alot of confidence in it's coaches. lots of physical talent with room to grow. i see guys like Adibi , Okam and Slaton being coached up pretty quickly whereas guys like Brown or Barber needing a bit more help. Brown, specifically because he's only played the position for one year. I expect him to be up to speed quick but perhaps slower than some of the other OT's taken in the first round. I still don't know that I see him as a game one starter. This is all based on virtually nothing but a gut feeling by the way.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
no question to me, moulden looks to be our best pick out of the gates. he just looks really fast and comfortable. smart, well spoken kid as well. i expect to see good things out of him really fast. our draft looks like a draft done by a team with alot of confidence in it's coaches. lots of physical talent with room to grow. i see guys like Adibi , Okam and Slaton being coached up pretty quickly whereas guys like Brown or Barber needing a bit more help. Brown, specifically because he's only played the position for one year. I expect him to be up to speed quick but perhaps slower than some of the other OT's taken in the first round. I still don't know that I see him as a game one starter. This is all based on virtually nothing but a gut feeling by the way.

That's no small feeling!!!

By the way, Brown played two years at RT, so it's a little disingenuous to suggest he only has one season of experience. He's played both tackle positions and started for the past three seasons. He may be a little rough but he doesn't lack experience.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I see it is, if guys like Adibi or Slaton come in and make an impact that helps us become a playoff team, I have no problem with the others coming along in their second year to make us an actual contender.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
By the way, Brown played two years at RT, so it's a little disingenuous to suggest he only has one season of experience. He's played both tackle positions and started for the past three seasons. He may be a little rough but he doesn't lack experience.
i even thought about specifying LEFT tackle, i knew somebody would call me on it.

i should have known it would have been a body of such massive proportions.
Old 05-19-2008   #18
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
The way I see it is, if guys like Adibi or Slaton come in and make an impact that helps us become a playoff team, I have no problem with the others coming along in their second year to make us an actual contender.

When it pertains to Brown I don't see it being a year long project where he may be a factor next season. I'm feeling like it may be a few weeks into the season. But I wont be the least bit surprised if he's in there week 1 when we thump the Steelers.
Old 07-19-2008   #19
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm bumping this thread because by this time next week, we'll finally get to see what our new "toys" look like. I just re-watched the highlights and I'm excited about this draft class...especially Slaton and Okam. If they can do what they were drafted to do, improve the run and stop the run, we could have a very nice year.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008   #20
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Adibi has potential if he can put on a few pounds and maintain the speed.

Moulden looks like a steal where we got him. I'm expecting big things from him.

Haven't been real high on Slaton but, I see we share a birthday, so he's moving up my depth chart!

Okam looks like he's got the physical tools, but so does TJ. Can he keep his motor running all game, every week?

maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read