Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-27-2008   #1
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer
Default Alex Brink:7th Round pick

QB drafted by Us.

probably wont make the team i assume
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Brink:7th Round pick

Wasn't Brink very highly regarded last year or the year before?

He set a ton of school records at WASU. I wonder why he fell this far.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

This is awful.

Schaub. Rosenfels. Gray. Brink?

Welcome to the Texans but why would we spend a pick on him? I would have rather locked up a position of need with this selection before cutting them.
Old 04-27-2008   #4
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Kubiak wanted a young qb project I assume he may be on the ps? Could have gotten another lineman or another position of need, but I will trust Kubiak saw something he liked in this kid. I am very satisfied with this draft.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #5
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Trade Sage!
Old 04-27-2008   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Analysis
Positives: Poised, intelligent quarterback. ... Washington State staff raves about his football IQ. ... Quick delivery and set up. ... Compact delivery. ... Good short- and medium-range accuracy when he gets into a rhythm. ... Feels pressure and is athletic enough to step up in the pocket and keep the play alive. ... Leader on and off the field. ... Only quarterback in Washington State history to beat the rival Washington Huskies three times.

Negatives: Marginal size for the position. ... Lacks prototypical arm strength. ... Streaky passer whose passes too often force receivers to break stride. ... Will try to force the action, throwing passes into coverage. ... Has to wind-up for longer throws. ... Athletically limited quarterback with only marginal technique despite starting 40 games over his career.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/alex-brink?id=365
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #7
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Alex Brink?

What was the point of that pick? I was thinking Ali Highsmith there.
Old 04-27-2008   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Brink?

because you can never have enough quarterbacks on your roster.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #9
camron1269
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 camron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVP

this was the only pick of the draft i didnt like. dont know much about him. hes got numbers. kubiak said he wants a late QB to groom but i was hoping a bigname guy like johnson brennan woodson.
henderson highsmith blake and hillis were all there.
camron1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #10
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Weaver is still going to start and Mario will be stuck at RE. Then when half of the TT members say Mario is best at LE, the other half will say but we don't have anybody to play RE. Well, we didn't even freaking tried to get anybody for that position.

So I guess its still Weaver-LE and Mario-RE. Thanks FO.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by camron1269 View Post
this was the only pick of the draft i didnt like. dont know much about him. hes got numbers. kubiak said he wants a late QB to groom but i was hoping a bigname guy like johnson brennan woodson.
No thanks.

I didn't know we were gonna look at QB in the 7th, but if we did, this is the guy I wanted.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #12
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Perhaps just to add people to the position. Short of Schaub, we have no reasonably young QBs on the roster. I remember Shane Boyd being on the practice squad...but, well...yeah. I don't remember whether we kept Nall or not, but...well, see Boyd. I don't know anything about Brink, but a spare QB is never a bad thing.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not pumped about this one. There were better choices.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's one rationale to draft a QB. With Schaub, Rosenfels, & Gray already on the roster, it would be difficult to grab a decent UDFA QB. Most would look for a spot where they could compete for the 3rd QB spot. And if a trade possibility opens up during the preseason, the Texans might need a 3rd QB. So let's not trash Smith & Kubiak just yet.
Old 04-27-2008   #15
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
because you can never have enough quarterbacks on your roster.
Just ask Gruden?
Old 04-27-2008   #16
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah yes, because we all know that opinions on the internet are honest to God proof of what the FO is thinking.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that he was rated higher on their boards than some of the other prospects. Perhaps they want to pull a Drew Henson with him.

Perhaps, the same guys available in the 7th will be available as UDFA's.

Perhaps someone shouldn't have pissed in your cornflakes.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Perhaps just to add people to the position. Short of Schaub, we have no reasonably young QBs on the roster. I remember Shane Boyd being on the practice squad...but, well...yeah. I don't remember whether we kept Nall or not, but...well, see Boyd. I don't know anything about Brink, but a spare QB is never a bad thing.
Nall is back with Green Bay.

We have Boyd.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Here's one rationale to draft a QB. With Schaub, Rosenfels, & Gray already on the roster, it would be difficult to grab a decent UDFA QB. Most would look for a spot where they could compete for the 3rd QB spot. And if a trade possibility opens up during the preseason, the Texans might need a 3rd QB. So let's not trash Smith & Kubiak just yet.
Hmmm.... I guess I'm not on the brink of it all. Good rationalizing here. Real good.
Old 04-27-2008   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

From his description it sounds like he's an overachiever competitive type. If i'm not mistaken Quinn Gray is the type of guy who isn't very motivated sometimes and doesn't work as hard as he should to be a better qb?

I guess Brink is brought in to push Gray and let him know his spot on the roster isn't a gimme. When Gray turns up his play and earns his spot then put Brink on the practice squad and let him compete for a roster spot in 09.
Old 04-27-2008   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by camron1269 View Post
I'm fine with the pick of a QB. I would have preferred Josh Johnson, but a 7th round QB is just fine. I am still baffled by the 6th round choice and in no way do I anticipate Barber playing in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read