Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2008   #61
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McLain Explains Why Duane Brown!

Anybody catch the ESPN NFL draft wrap-up on SportsCenter earlier? I only saw a couple minutes of it myself. I saw Mel Kiper defending the Texans pick of Duane Brown to McShay. Kiper...defending...the Texans? Weird.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008   #62
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
Anybody catch the ESPN NFL draft wrap-up on SportsCenter earlier? I only saw a couple minutes of it myself. I saw Mel Kiper defending the Texans pick of Duane Brown to McShay. Kiper...defending...the Texans? Weird.
yes Kiper and Mayock defended the pick although Mayock had him graded as a late 3rd/early 4th round selection. i can take solace in the fact that we arent the Titans...their draft sucked and they still failed to get some playmakers to go around VY. Just pathetic and it starts up top with Bud.
Old 04-28-2008   #63
Lucky

Rep Power: 117883 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
...i can take solace in the fact that we arent the Titans...their draft sucked and they still failed to get some playmakers to go around VY. Just pathetic and it starts up top with Bud.
I hate to be the one to defend the Titans, but Chris Johnson could become one of the more dynamic players in this draft. I don't look forward to seeing Johnson catching screen passes, running draws, and returning kickoffs for the Possums twice a year. Maybe even taking the pitch on the option in the red zone. He may never be a everydown back. I actually believe his long term position will be WR. But Johnson can score from anywhere on the field, and those guys are scary.
Old 04-28-2008   #64
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Johnson is going to be what Reggie Bush was supposed to be.

I don't mean the outrageous stats that ESPN was predicting. I mean they will be able to put him anywhere on the field & create matchup problems for the defense.

He is less agile than Bush, but he is faster & will bring it if you try to take him head on.

He is a homerun threat like Bush, but the difference is he will actually take it the distance, as opposed to dancing back & forth behind the LOS.

They are taking a lot of heat for that pick right now, but I agree with Lucky in that he will probably end up as a WR at some point.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #65
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Chris Johnson is going to be what Reggie Bush was supposed to be.

I don't mean the outrageous stats that ESPN was predicting. I mean they will be able to put him anywhere on the field & create matchup problems for the defense.

He is less agile than Bush, but he is faster & will bring it if you try to take him head on.

He is a homerun threat like Bush, but the difference is he will actually take it the distance, as opposed to dancing back & forth behind the LOS.

They are taking a lot of heat for that pick right now, but I agree with Lucky in that he will probably end up as a WR at some point.
Could very well be right. I think the staff up in Tenn might get the idea now that at least not anytime immediately soon will VY be an even good downfield passer in the NFL. In the meantime it might very well be a good idea to get a guy like Chris and get him the ball.

Far as Brown goes. I'm going to mention a few names.

Freeney and Mathis.

Vandenbosch and a reborn Kearse.

While these two aren't in the category as those two pairs Harvey and Groves won't be fun either especially with Spicer still there. Those are just the guys outside at DE for our division opponents.

The moment i understood the KC trade I knew there was VERY, VERY little chance Williams or Albert fell. Who would've been left at LT that fits the scheme, has all the tools to be a solid pro and has faced top notch competition?

SH don't mean to call you out but would you have felt more comfortable with someone like Nicks or Collins and the "value" they presented. We could've tagged Cason but...there's still a glaring hole at LT with an even tougher bunch of outside rushers we know Salaam can't handle. I don't think either of those two could compete the first year like Brown can.

I like the Molden pick. Guy has GREAT upside and has the ability to be a good #1 or #2 CB. I think we have to prepare for the idea that if i remember correctly Dunta is on a contract year. Horrible time for his injury to come for both sides. I think we have to prepare for the idea that Dunta might not be a Texan after next year unless both sides are willing to show good faith on numbers.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #66
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

Look at the poll on the bottom right hand corner.

I must say, I am very offended by it.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

Look at the poll on the bottom right hand corner.

I must say, I am very offended by it.
I wouldn't worry about them they also have Rivers drafted twice in their final mock draft! :elle:

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2008   #68
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
For those looking for more footage of Brown, I found this clip at SI.com:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...30970&i=213765

Most of it we've already seen, but some is new. Make sure you watch to the end, it's worth it....
When he missed the block I was like "ooooh "

But then when I saw him lay out that D-lineman I was like "oooh! "
Old 04-29-2008   #69
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 139472 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
When he missed the block I was like "ooooh "

But then when I saw him lay out that D-lineman I was like "oooh! "
He is said to be aggresive .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read