Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2008   #21
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Welcome Duane Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
OK, maybe I missed it, out of the loop, whatever, but does this mean Charles Spencer is done?
What it means is that Richard Smith isn't willing to depend on seriously injured players to return and produce as normal (if they should return at all), as seemed to be the mantra of Casserly. If Spencer wants to play left tackle (or any position for that matter), he's going to have to stay healthy and earn it. Period.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #22
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes said in the video that things were going well with Spencer and that he would be playing, but most likely at guard.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5733525.html

Quote:
The Texans hope to groom Brown to eventually take over for Ephraim Salaam.

Charles Spencer, who started the 2006 season at left tackle, is attempting to return this season after 18 months of rehabilitating a serious knee injury. When Spencer returns, he will start practicing at guard.

"We probably will start with him working inside when he is turned loose to actually go back out there with the team," Kubiak said of Spencer. "There's no doubt in my mind that he can help out our football team, and I think he'll push our starters very, very hard to get on the field."

Brown will be doing the same as he tries to learn the offense and adjust to the speed of the pro game. The Texans realize it may take some time for him to develop into a starter, but they plan to speed the process as quickly as possible.

"We're just very excited to get Duane," Kubiak said. "And obviously, we're calling on him to help this football team very, very early."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #24
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

but did you know this (from the HT site)...

Quote:
(on his first start at tackle in college against Mario Williams) “I remember that night like it was yesterday. I was two weeks into the position; it was the opener and a night game at NC State. He is a very intimidating figure. I held my own that night and it was the beginning of my transition. Being able to go against him in practice, he is one of the best defensive end in the league. I think practicing against him will be great for me and will help me.”
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008   #25
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Anyone know Mario's stats in that game?
Old 04-27-2008   #26
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

may be homerism, but this was noted:

Quote:
"Starting at right tackle was pretty tough for me at first," Brown said. "They moved me before the NC State game because of Mario Williams. He was a pretty good D-end and a pretty big guy, weighing about 290 pounds. That was my first game and I only had a week and a half to prepare for it, so I was just learning as the season went on. Fortunately, there were a lot of senior leaders in that group so they got me through it."

Brown did much more than 'get through' his debut at right tackle. He did not allow a tackle for loss or a quarterback hurry to Williams, the No. 1 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, and helped the Hokies open the season with a 20-16 victory in Raleigh, N.C. Brown went on to start the next 12 games that season and was on the field for 673 offensive snaps.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read