Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2008   #1
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top Picks Left

According to the spreadsheet kindly posted by someone else (whose name escapes me), here are the top 30 players left on the board:

1. Dan Connor, OLB
2. Andre Caldwell, WR
--3. Dustin Keller, TE -- This guy was taken and I forgot to mark him down.
4. Jamaal Charles, RB
5. Justin King, CB
6. Early Doucet, WR
7. Anthony Collins, OT
8. DaJuan Morgan, S
9. Reggie Smith, CB
10. Mario Manningham, WR
11. Tyvon Branch, CB
12. Cliff Avril, OLB
13. Kevin Smith, RB
14. Marcus Harrison, DT
15. Chris Ellis, DE
16. Carl Nicks, OT
17. Dre Moore, DT
18. Tavares Gooden, OLB
19. Bryan Kehl, OLB
20. Oniel Cousins, G
21. Craig Stevens, TE
22. Brad Cottam, TE
23. Charles Godfrey, CB
24. Earl Bennett, WR
25. Thomas Decoud, S
26. Xavier Adibi, OLB
27. Pat Sims, DT
28. John Greco, OG
29. Tashard Choice, RB
30. Shawn Crable, OLB
++31. Geno Hayes, OLB

I think we all agree that we should be looking at RB and CB. Maybe, LB if the right guy is there.

Tashard Choice and Charles Godfrey?

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 04-26-2008 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Messed up.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top Picks Left

Best case - Godfrey and Jamal Charles... but that's unrealistic to say the least.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Best case - Godfrey and Jamal Charles... but that's unrealistic to say the least.
I can't imagine that Jamaal Charles is going to be available at 16.
Old 04-26-2008   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i see Miami targeting with that 1st pick:

- Andre Caldwell
- Tyvon Branch
- Early Doucet
- DaJuan Morgan
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
According to the spreadsheet kindly posted by someone else (whose name escapes me), here are the top 30 players left on the board:

1. Dan Connor, OLB
4. Jamaal Charles, RB
5. Justin King, CB
7. Anthony Collins, OT
8. DaJuan Morgan, S
9. Reggie Smith, CB
11. Tyvon Branch, CB
12. Cliff Avril, OLB
13. Kevin Smith, RB
14. Marcus Harrison, DT
15. Chris Ellis, DE
16. Carl Nicks, OT
17. Dre Moore, DT
18. Tavares Gooden, OLB
19. Bryan Kehl, OLB
20. Oniel Cousins, G
22. Brad Cottam, TE
23. Charles Godfrey, CB
25. Thomas Decoud, S
26. Xavier Adibi, OLB
27. Pat Sims, DT
28. John Greco, OG
29. Tashard Choice, RB
30. Shawn Crable, OLB

I think we all agree that we should be looking at RB and CB. Maybe, LB if the right guy is there.

If we get 2 of any of these guys ill be extremely happy.
#79 Dan Connor, OLB
#89 Jamaal Charles, RB
#118 Charles Godfrey, CB
#151 Brad Cottam, TE

This would be a badass draft.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't imagine that Jamaal Charles is going to be available at 16.
He won't be. But even if he and Godfrey BOTH were there at 16 - the Texans would take Godfrey.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 04-26-2008   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
If we get 2 of any of these guys ill be extremely happy.
#79 Dan Connor, OLB
#89 Jamaal Charles, RB
#118 Charles Godfrey, CB
#151 Brad Cottam, TE

This would be a badass draft.

LOL if Godfrey lasts to 118 I will eat my computer.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2008   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'd be very happy with this, PN. I like Choice alot.
Old 04-26-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not sure why you guys think Godfrey is that great of a talent that he wouldn't slide that far.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #10
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

3. Dustin Keller, TE

was taken in the 1st round by the Jets.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
not sure why you guys think Godfrey is that great of a talent that he wouldn't slide that far.
It's not so much that as it is people are always looking for good talent at that position, and he's one of the top ones left. That above list has him MUCH lower than other remaining player lists I've seen.

I could see him lasting to our first 3rd round pick... but not past that.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 04-26-2008   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Smith or Godfrey, and Adibi or Crable.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
3. Dustin Keller, TE

was taken in the 1st round by the Jets.
Thanks, I'll edit that.
Old 04-26-2008   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Top 10 CB's left:

1. Justin King
2. Reggie Smith
3. Tyvon Branch
4. Charles Godfrey
5. Orlando Scandrick
6. Antwaun Molden
7. Chevis Jackson
8. Jack Williams
9. Trae Williams
10. Jack Ikegwuonu

Top 10 RB's left:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Kevin Smith
3. Tashard Choice
4. Steve Slaton
5. Chauncy Washington
6. Mike Hart
7. Anthony Aldridge
8. Justin Forsett
9. Dantrell Savage
10. Thomas Brown
Old 04-26-2008   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be extremely pleased if we came away with a RB and CB from these groups:

Jamaal Charles - Prefered because he dances less behind the line.
Kevin Smith

Tyvon Branch - My top CB left. Will surprise.
Charles Godfrey
Orlando Scandrick
Antwaun Molden

There is a good group of players left available, and we should be able to net two starters out of the third round. Have hope Texan fans.
Old 04-26-2008   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

my thoughts exactly: molden/godfrey and choice
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #17
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Top 10 CB's left:

1. Justin King
2. Reggie Smith
3. Tyvon Branch
4. Charles Godfrey
5. Orlando Scandrick
6. Antwaun Molden
7. Chevis Jackson
8. Jack Williams
9. Trae Williams
10. Jack Ikegwuonu

Top 10 RB's left:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. Kevin Smith
3. Tashard Choice
4. Steve Slaton
5. Chauncy Washington
6. Mike Hart
7. Anthony Aldridge
8. Justin Forsett
9. Dantrell Savage
10. Thomas Brown
A lot of talent left, I am glad we got another 3rd rounder (althought I thought we should have had a 2nd instead of a 3rd and 6th.) Think we'll get a CB next. I like Reggie Smith, that's who I would like to get.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
my thoughts exactly: molden/godfrey and choice
I'm just not a fan of choice at all. I do not think he is an NFL running back. I'll be fine with either of the CB's you mention, but not so much with Choice.
Old 04-26-2008   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

that extra 3rd is a real nice boost with this staff
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Ellis would be nice depth at defensive end. He can get after the QB. He played at VT so if our scouting department was watching alot of VT, this guy had to pop out at them.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read