Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2008   #81
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
i've been here since the beginning...and some people will cosign on anything. Im calling this like i see it..and i see huge mistakes. Epic, franchise killing mistakes.
calling it before you've even watched him play.. smart guy
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #82
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

From what Kubiak just discussed in the press conference, Brown was their guy from the start at LT. You can never second guess the front office when we as fans don't have all the information. Everything Smith and Kubiak said lead me to believe they have wanted Brown for some time and had very good arguments to support it. He is definately a very athletic lineman and should help the running / zone blocking scheme that Gibbs will impliment. I still would not rule out us trading up and turning one of our 3rd round picks into a 2nd rounder.
Old 04-26-2008   #83
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanballer View Post
I am still a die hard texans fan, just pissed off about the pick. Hopefully we are proven wrong
Im allowed to ***** on draft day...by the time he reports, i'll be on board...but today, im pissed.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #84
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
At least we traded down this time.
We traded down that time too.
Old 04-26-2008   #85
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Thats the kind of junk that happens when you have an Oline coach with a history of taking less known players and making them into pro bowlers.
I certaintly hope so cause this guy barely registers 6'4". The second shortest guy who projects as a LT.
Old 04-26-2008   #86
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

he does have better feet than Jake Long

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #87
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's a lot more comfy on the bandwagon now with all of you apparently jumping off.

Because all of you draft experts already know Phillips, Mendenhall, Cason, and whoever else you wanted already know that Duane Brown isn't going to be as good as them. You are all ready to put Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, and Kubiak's head on a pike because you hate this pick. You guys are lame.

Welcome to the Texans Duane Brown!
well said sir!

I'll trust in Kubiak and Smith until proven otherwise.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2008   #88
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if he turns into a franchise LT, i'll eat my texans hat live on webcam.
That's what they just told you dumb a$$, they got on one behind Salaam. No one.
Old 04-26-2008   #89
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if he turns into a franchise LT, i'll eat my texans hat live on webcam.
I feel sorry for your stomach.

You are betting against Alex Gibbs.. who has had top tier offensive lines his entire career.. who hand picked this guy.

The fact that his strengths are his athleticism, and that he is a former TE... both very common traits shared by many of Alex Gibbs best olinemen.. should also be a big indicator to you.

but whatever..its your hat and your toilet. Id invest in a large bottle of pepto and some very fluffy toilet paper.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #90
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I've looked a little more into this guy and I'm coming around now.

According to this article, Kiper said he's the 5th best OT at best, 6th best OT at worst. He was the 8th guy taken, so by that logic, we got a bargain.

Quote:
Brown certainly caught the attention of ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

"I'd be surprised if he's not gone by the end of the second round," Kiper said. "He's one of the faster left tackles in the draft, and he did 24 reps on the bench press at the combine."

Players bench press 225 pounds as many times as they can as part of their NFL combine workout.

"You can make the argument he's the fifth-best tackle in the draft, the sixth-best at worst," Kiper said.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #91
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i've been here since the beginning...and some people will cosign on anything. Im calling this like i see it..and i see huge mistakes. Epic, franchise killing mistakes.
Dude, maybe you need to go away for a while and chill out.

You've probably never seen this guy play. Do you know who he played against? Chris Long.
Alex Gibbs and Smithiak know what they're doing.

Last edited by Mailman; 04-26-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #92
Texanballer
Rookie

Rep Power: 25 Texanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performerTexanballer is a Legendary performer

I sound like i didnt wanna draft a Lineman. Well i was all for it, if it was chris williams, otah, albert, not this guy no one has heard of, they didnt even have good film on him, it was shitty quality
Texanballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #93
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
That's what they just told you dumb a$$, they got on one behind Salaam. No one.
this guy isn't the answer. This is a pathetic reach, and an ego trip by gibbs. this is dumb.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-26-2008   #94
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited about this team.
Old 04-26-2008   #95
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
That's much better, thanks, lol.
Im pretty sure it was 8.5 sacks in one season. The VT O-line was very bad last year, gave up 50+ sacks.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #96
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
It's a lot more comfy on the bandwagon now with all of you apparently jumping off.

Because all of you draft experts already know Phillips, Mendenhall, Cason, and whoever else you wanted already know that Duane Brown isn't going to be as good as them. You are all ready to put Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, and Kubiak's head on a pike because you hate this pick. You guys are lame.

Welcome to the Texans Duane Brown!
So, because people are upset with the pick, they are no longer Texans fans?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #97
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
this guy isn't the answer. This is a pathetic reach, and an ego trip by gibbs. this is dumb.
Will you EVER be sastified with a Texans decision? just curious..
Old 04-26-2008   #98
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, because people are upset with the pick, they are no longer Texans fans?
Actually, I'm probably overreacting just like all these other people who hate the pick for whatever reason.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #99
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did you see his combine work? He's a good fit for what the Texans are trying to do.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #100
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Will you EVER be sastified with a Texans decision? just curious..
i've been happy with most. Was stoked about demeco and winston, was on the "anybody but reggie kick 2 years ago", was hyped about amobi...this just reeks of stupid to me. sorry.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read