Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2008   #181
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown: First Round pick of the Texans

One of the most knowledgable football guysa in Houston is Lance Z now on 1560 and as he has said from day one Alewx Gibbs will be our biggest offseason acquisition this year. The guys is a witch when it comes to the O'line, had Denver leading thre NFL in rushing went to Atlanta and thn they take oiver the top spot leading the league in rushing. One of his best skills is finding talent that fits his scheme while others are passing them bye. If Brown was the guy he wanted then get his a$$ get him into camp and then get the Hell out of the way. If they really wanted Brown fromthe get go then they did a hell of a job drafting by picking up picks and still getting their guy.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #182
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Brohm to GB as a backup for Rodgers... wow...

EDIT: Ooops. Thought I was in another thread when I typed this.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #183
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Brohm to GB as a backup for Rodgers... wow...
Maybe not as the backup...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #184
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

If it makes anyone feel any better I read two mocks yesterday that said Brown was a sleeper and had the athleticism to be a a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. Made me think he might be a guy to target. I think they had their mind set as the board fell a certain way.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-26-2008 at 08:39 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #185
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what, if the media hates this pick, then I am 100% behind it.
Old 04-26-2008   #186
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I hate this pick. In fact this is the same way I felt when we passed on DJ and drafted Travis Johnson.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #187
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was in my car listening to Ted Deluca and John Lopez when they made the pick and it made me sick to my stomach. Not the pick, but Lopez and Deluca trying to act as if they know what they're talking about, dissing the pick, trying to stir some controversy, etc...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2008   #188
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
If it makes anyone feel any better I read to mocks yesterday that said Brown was a sleeper and had the athleticism to be a a late 1st/early 2nd rounder. Made me think he might be a guy to target. I think they had their mind set as the board fell a certain way.
What we'll never know is if some other team had him targeted early in the 2nd round.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #189
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We didn't get enough in return for trading down, IMO. A late 3rd rounder and a 6th is weak for trading back eight spots.
Old 04-26-2008   #190
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
We didn't get enough in return for trading down, IMO. A late 3rd rounder and a 6th is weak for trading back eight spots.
That is the disappointment. The Skins did the same thing to move 4 spots and threw in a 4th I think to get a 2nd. A 2nd is Round 1b in this day and age. 8 spots should have been worth more.
Old 04-26-2008   #191
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
That is the disappointment. The Skins did the same thing to move 4 spots and threw in a 4th I think to get a 2nd. A 2nd is Round 1b in this day and age. 8 spots should have been worth more.
Yep. I hate this draft so far.
Old 04-26-2008   #192
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Thats what I said. I think someone after us got a 1st and a 4th for trading back.

The desperation to add more picks was evident.

BPA my left foot.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #193
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Thats what I said. I think someone after us got a 1st and a 4th for trading back.

BPA my left foot.
But before that, no one was giving up a second. The old JJ draft value chart has very little value anymore.

BTW, did you guys catch that in the other thread? The Texans wouldn't even trade back 2 more spots with Seattle at 28 - that's how set they were on Duane Brown.
Old 04-26-2008   #194
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what really bothers me about this guy. John Harris, who knows his football talent, was on the 1560 Draft show today with LZ and he said he's been watching this guy play in college for the last 2 years and even went to the East-West Shrine game here in Houston this year and saw him practice & play in person. Harris said Duane Brown is a 4th round pick !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #195
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Harris said Duane Brown is a 4th round pick !
Then we found a keeper because our 4th rounders have been awesome.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #196
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

BPA my left foot.
:elle:

We got a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th for trading back :P.

We got the same value that everyone else got. Complaining about what we got for trading back is just whining...we could not have gotten more.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #197
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
not this year, since this is a draft that's deep but not spectacular.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #198
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well said. Positive rep for your spot-on comment.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #199
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I was in my car listening to Ted Deluca and John Lopez when they made the pick and it made me sick to my stomach. Not the pick, but Lopez and Deluca trying to act as if they know what they're talking about, dissing the pick, trying to stir some controversy, etc...
Yeah, get ready for lots of that. I can't imagine any of the radio personalities liking this pick. It's almost guaranteed that the entirety of the sports media is going to shit on this pick and our entire draft because of it.

I don't think he's really going to contribute a lot this year though, and I do also think we might've had a decent shot at getting him in the 3rd round. But he's an athletic Olinemen which pretty much fits what the system calls for.

Cheers.
Old 04-26-2008   #200
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Then we found a keeper because our 4th rounders have been awesome.
Wow. Help me understand what you are trying to say here. We use our first rounder on a fourth round pick?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read