Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-26-2008   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Long to Rams, says ESPN

Michael Smith, specifically.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Chris Long to Rams, says ESPN

If Michael Smith says it then it must be true
Old 04-26-2008   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Smith isn't you regular talking head BS artist, so it is most likely true.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

smart pick.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Smart pick by the Rams. Glad Chris Long won't be coming into the AFC.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Pappa Smith may have been a part of an elaborate smokescreen if the Ravens trade for Ryan is true...
Old 04-26-2008   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i really don't think there's many teams that will trade a bunch to move up and take Ryan, and then pay him a ridiculous amount.
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2008   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Smart pick by the Rams. Glad Chris Long won't be coming into the AFC.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i forgot that Cam Cameron is the new OC of Baltimore. if he has any input, i don't see him taking Ryan.
Old 04-26-2008   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i really don't think there's many teams that will trade a bunch to move up and take Ryan, and then pay him a ridiculous amount.
They'd ( Baltimore) would have to put up their one and two this draft and one and three for '09 or player(s). Prety steep price. Their '08 3 is compensatory and can't be traded. I don't think they have the ammo to do it.
Old 04-26-2008   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I don't think Matt Ryan would be worth the price for the Ravens. Someone like Brohm, Henne, or Flacco in the 2nd would be alot more sensible.
Old 04-26-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've thought all along Chris Long would be the pick for St. Louis (once Jake was signed).

Dorsey just isn't a fit for St. Louis like he's not a fit in Miami (am I correct in thinking that?)

I also think Atlanta would like to have Matt Ryan but that they are overplaying it on purpose. I think they want Glenn Dorsey first and foremost. The Rams most likely will take Chris Long so ATL can have Dorsey. If they were announcing they wanted Dorsey, another team most likely would be talking to St. Louis to trade up for Dorsey. Even IF Baltimore trades up for Ryan, ATL laughs all the way to the podium and takes Dorsey.

I guess we'll all see here in about 20 minutes!! just my guesses though.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Dorsey only doesn't fit in St. Louis because of Carriker, but that could be remedied.
Old 04-26-2008   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Dorsey only doesn't fit in St. Louis because of Carriker, but that could be remedied.
I dont see why, St. Louis is a 4-3 team so they'd be on the field at the same time right? I mean Jacksonville had a very good defense anchored by Stroud and Henderson, the Vikings are a run stuffing dynamo with the two guys named Williams.
Old 04-26-2008   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I dont see why, St. Louis is a 4-3 team so they'd be on the field at the same time right? I mean Jacksonville had a very good defense anchored by Stroud and Henderson, the Vikings are a run stuffing dynamo with the two guys named Williams.
You make a team predictable when you take something away .
Old 04-26-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I've thought all along Chris Long would be the pick for St. Louis (once Jake was signed).

Dorsey just isn't a fit for St. Louis like he's not a fit in Miami (am I correct in thinking that?)

I also think Atlanta would like to have Matt Ryan but that they are overplaying it on purpose. I think they want Glenn Dorsey first and foremost. The Rams most likely will take Chris Long so ATL can have Dorsey. If they were announcing they wanted Dorsey, another team most likely would be talking to St. Louis to trade up for Dorsey. Even IF Baltimore trades up for Ryan, ATL laughs all the way to the podium and takes Dorsey.

I guess we'll all see here in about 20 minutes!! just my guesses though.
Didn't I mean to say ATL would actually pick Matt Ryan? Whoops..
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read