Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-11-2005   #61
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Pastorini mentioned that side arm throwers have a hard time getting air under the ball and I was in agreement. Carr gets the ball down the field as well as anyone but I don't think he throws a great deep ball. That's pretty much what I am looking at.
Did you see the third play of the Titan game? The ball dropped out of the sky.
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't refering to one pass or a few passes. Just as a general rule of thumb sidearm throwers do not get much air under the ball. Try it yourself if you don't believe me. I know DC has multiple arm angles, but he seems to keep throwing the ball from the side a bit too often.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #63
Hit Man
Rookie

Default Pastorini Corner

Pastorini is a good analyst, but he wasn't half the quarterback that Carr is.... Go Sit in the Corner, Pastorini and shut-up!
Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #64
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dante got them to the AFC championship game.Even with Earl thats something.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005   #65
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
He was a victim of a bad club.Until they hired Sid Gillman the Oilers stunk.Talk about the Texans draft check out the early Oilers.The gem they did have was arguably the greatest safety of all time.But he was traded to the Redskins,thank God for the Texans.Back to Dante, Mr.Carr will never face the likes of the 70's Steelers.That in itself gives Pastorini a right to an opinion.
The Pastorini legacy continues.....People either loved him or hated him. Personally, I liked him. I wasn't too impressed with him after he left football. But I think that he was a good QB. I give him credit for intestinal fortitude. He spent alot of time looking at the ceiling of the Astrodome. He was like timex. He took a licking and kept on ticking.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read