Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Quarterbacks

LiveForTheGame

Waterboy
Who do y'all think will be the top quarterback in the NCAA next season? IMO Chris Rix is among the top prospects if he can make smart decisions. Matt Leinart is probably the #1 overall as of now...he is a quarterback!

BuffSoldier

Veteran
Matt Leinart
Jason White
Crish Rix
David Greene
But dont count out the home town boy Vince Young. I think he could be the next Micheal Vick. This guy runs a 4.3, thats smokin'. :banana:

LiveForTheGame

Waterboy
The guy is a tremendous athlete, but I don't know if he's quite the same level as Vick. I'm going to enjoy watching him this season though just as long as his passing skills improve...become more versatile.

V Man

Pumpkinhead
Watch out for Brad Smith at Missouri, if he can show some consistancy in the passing game. He will be considered a Vick type Qb, and move up the draft board. Only thing he will be a Junior, and don't know if he would consider leaving early. Probably will be determined by the year that he has. :twocents:

BuffSoldier

Veteran
V Man said:
Watch out for Brad Smith at Missouri, if he can show some consistancy in the passing game. He will be considered a Vick type Qb, and move up the draft board. Only thing he will be a Junior, and don't know if he would consider leaving early. Probably will be determined by the year that he has. :twocents:
I forgot about him, hes a great talent too. He rushed for 5 TDs in one game last year if I remember correctly. If he shows off his arm this season, he could go high in the 2005 draft.

The guy is a tremendous athlete, but I don't know if he's quite the same level as Vick. I'm going to enjoy watching him this season though just as long as his passing skills improve...become more versatile.
Of course hes not,(not yet at least) Vick is extraordinary. I think Vince has to work on his pass acuuracy because he has a gun for a arm.

MoBlack

Practice Squad
UT needs to hire a nfl caliber QB to coach the talented QB's they get every year. Vince isn't Vick cuase people like vick come along once a century.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
As far as the next draft is concerned, Andrew Walter of Arizona State should bounce back to have a good year and rise on the draft boards. He played on a very young team last year that should be ready to compete in the Pac 10 now. Walter is the big, strong armed, pocket passer that goes high on draft days.

I think the best college QB in Texas is in Houston. Kevin Kolb has the size, arm, athletic ability, and leadership abilities to be major NFL draft prospect in a couple of years. Leading the Cougars to a bowl bid as a freshman was an amazing accomplishment for Kolb. I'm not sure how many QB's of any classification could have taken a 0-11 team that far.

wags

Veteran
Leinart will do well. David Greene will be a lot better since his O-line is not full of freshmen and sophs this year. I don't know about Walter. He was supposed to be good last year, but I guess he didn't play well. Jason White will probably have another good year, but he won't get drafted with all his injuries.
The number 1 pick in the draft has been a QB for the last 4 years. I don't see any of the QB's in next years class going number 1. Early number 1 projection: Mike Williams.

MoBlack

Practice Squad
Lucky said:
As far as the next draft is concerned, Andrew Walter of Arizona State should bounce back to have a good year and rise on the draft boards. He played on a very young team last year that should be ready to compete in the Pac 10 now. Walter is the big, strong armed, pocket passer that goes high on draft days.

I think the best college QB in Texas is in Houston. Kevin Kolb has the size, arm, athletic ability, and leadership abilities to be major NFL draft prospect in a couple of years. Leading the Cougars to a bowl bid as a freshman was an amazing accomplishment for Kolb. I'm not sure how many QB's of any classification could have taken a 0-11 team that far.

if UH could get some good recruits they could do something. UH just doesn't have anything to offer. I went there for 2 years and the social part of the school sucked.