Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2008   #1
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dorsey and Mendenhall falling?

I've got my brand new mock draft after the info I got about Dorsey and Mendenhall this evening screwed everything up. I still have Texans getting Chris Williams and he is a lock to the Texans if he falls to 18.... a mortal lock.

I've included all players the Texans might look at in the 7 rounds of the draft as well as rumors and other crap.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dorsey and Mendenhall falling?

How much do you think the Texans still want a RB? With the addition of Chris Brown in the offseason plus Taylor, Walker, and Green still on the roster, would they consider taking a RB in the first round over a CB?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dorsey at 5..... wow, what a bargain.
Old 04-25-2008   #4
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
How much do you think the Texans still want a RB? With the addition of Chris Brown in the offseason plus Taylor, Walker, and Green still on the roster, would they consider taking a RB in the first round over a CB?
I think LZ had a possible pick of Kevin Smith in round 3. That would be a nice pickup IMO. I don't know about his attitude, but he has talent.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I've got my brand new mock draft after the info I got about Dorsey and Mendenhall this evening screwed everything up. I still have Texans getting Chris Williams and he is a lock to the Texans if he falls to 18.... a mortal lock.

I've included all players the Texans might look at in the 7 rounds of the draft as well as rumors and other crap.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/
What info is that? Specifically Mendenhall but both would be good.
Old 04-25-2008   #6
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think they would. I think they would probably prefer Stewart, but I think Mendenhall could be in play at 18 if Williams goes 12, 13 or 14.
Old 04-25-2008   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt that Jordy lasts the 2nd round. He is a big time receiver. Highly underrated in this draft.
Old 04-25-2008   #8
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
What info is that? Specifically Mendenhall but both would be good.
Nothing really specific.... just that Rams looked like they had decided on Long and the Falcons were sticking with Ryan. If that happens, then Dorsey could go 5 to Chiefs. I'm interested to see if Dorsey ends up in Atlanta and then Baltimore tries to move up to secure Ryan. I would probably sit there if I were baltimore and wait for him to find me at 8.
Old 04-25-2008   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nothing really specific.... just that Rams looked like they had decided on Long and the Falcons were sticking with Ryan. If that happens, then Dorsey could go 5 to Chiefs. I'm interested to see if Dorsey ends up in Atlanta and then Baltimore tries to move up to secure Ryan. I would probably sit there if I were baltimore and wait for him to find me at 8.
Atlanta would be stupid to pass on Ryan because he is the best QB in this draft and there is nothing looming next year. Unless a QB emerges out of no where and then you have to consider if he is a one year wonder.
Old 04-25-2008   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

LZ. You don't think the Raiders would snag Dorsey at #4 since Sapp retired?
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #11
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
LZ. You don't think the Raiders would snag Dorsey at #4 since Sapp retired?
They should, but Al Davis still breathes.
Old 04-25-2008   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Dorsey at 5..... wow, what a bargain.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...A?OpenDocument

Quote:
About the only thing conceded on the eve of the Rams' 14th draft in St. Louis is that Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston no longer is in the mix at No. 2. Barring a trade down, two team officials said Gholston would not be the team's choice.

So that leaves only Dorsey and Chris Long as options for St. Louis, with the very latest indications showing a slight tilt in Long's direction. If that indeed turns out to be the case, it will be an interesting decision. Because if you polled the entire football department at Rams Park — scouts, personnel executives, coaches, and management — Dorsey would probably win the "popular" vote.

Well what it means 'bout thirty minutes into the process, we're going to have a perfect storm with the most entertaining charcter in the NFL, Al Davis. Gong to be a hoot. Probablity exsists that Dorsey, D Mc and Gholston will all be on the board for the Raiders.

NFLn is suggesting....The Saints are in the market to move up for Dorsey once he moves past the Raiders..I doubt they redo Rickey Williams, but they want him bad. Sedrick Ellis is being dangled at Cincinatti, like I posted yesterday, BTW....by the patties. might be some movement tomorrow. I thought they would take a corner but they way they talked on the show tonight, New England is looking to move back. So much for Rivers as a top ten there YTF.

So I guess the question is what would it take to get K.C. off of the high end DE or the pick of the Litter at the rest of the OTs ? Shouldn't you take the blue chip top seven guy when you get the chance ? Me I take albert and jump Chicago for Ohat ...problem solved. I'll figure everything else out with the other nine picks.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-26-2008 at 12:07 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #13
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They should, but Al Davis still breathes.

You're right. Who friggin knows what Davis will do. He is even worse than Bud Adams.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Davis may try to draft Howie Long....

No that wasn't a typo.

Old 04-26-2008   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i see Mendenhall falling before Dorsey. one's a decent back in a class of good backs and the other is an elite DT prospect in a very weak class at that position.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i see Mendenhall falling before Dorsey. one's a decent back in a class of good backs and the other is an elite DT prospect in a very weak class at that position.
Dorsey falls only because of his medical issues, both knees are shredded & some team is going to invest millions? I had him slipping to #9, the Bengals & Sedric Ellis converts as the next best tackle with a clean bill of health. I also feel the same about Mendenhall as LZ. good work.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #17
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosselin has Williams taken by the Chiefs at #5, and LZ sees him falling all the
way to #18 ? Very Interesting ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If any of you saw the piece on Mendenhall on NFL-N, he has a pretty sound support structure (thanks to Mom). Off the field, he is a lock to do well wherever he goes (I'm sure he's secretly hoping it's the Bears). On the other hand did anyone see how McF's mom said she 'hated' NY? The Jets fans will have fun with that if that happens.

Dorsey doesn't fall far if he falls (def not outside of the top ten).

I agree Williams is the pick if there at 18. After that I'm prepared to hear Mike Jenkins name, or possibly even a shocker like Jerod Mayo. The Texans only have only 6 linebackers on their roster and one of them is named Kevis Coley. edit: Lance, I read your blog entry after making this comment and I see you have Mayo in the Top 15. He is indeed a 'riser' and one I would be totally happy with the Texans taking at 18 if he's there (and Williams and DRC aren't).

This draft is going to be loads of fun to watch between picks 2-9 but then painful from 10-17 as we see a lot of our want's go off the board.

Last edited by aj.; 04-26-2008 at 08:09 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #19
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
"Falling" is a relative term. If Dorsey goes from 2 to 5, that is a big fall. Mendenhall could be at 18 for the Texans too and I'm starting to think the K. Rivers is there.
Old 04-26-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Falling" is a relative term. If Dorsey goes from 2 to 5, that is a big fall. Mendenhall could be at 18 for the Texans too and I'm starting to think the K. Rivers is there.
If Mendanhall is there at 18, I will be excited. He is the best RB in this draft.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read