Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-25-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans 2008 NFL Draft

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/20...ftCentral.html

I'll get the draft day thread going.

I'm really hoping Jonathan Stewart is there at number 18. There has been some rumors that the Cardinals may pick him up. I hope not. He has good speed and is somewhat of a power back.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2008 NFL Draft

I hope Mendenhall is there although with the addition of Chris Brown in the offseason along with already having Chris Taylor, Darius Walker and Ahman Green may make the Texans go in a different direction.

Whoever they pick I'll support!!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I pray that Mike Jenkins is there.

TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #4
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to be the first to wish our new Texans a big welcome.

I was the first Texans Fan to welcome Mario Williams to be a Texans. I was at the draft in NYC and the Texans brought Mario over and introduced him to me and he autographed my Draft Ticket. This happened like 15 minutes after he was officially drafted. WOW, what a honor that was.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #5
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd really like to see Brandon Albert or Chris Williams come our way, but I won't be surprised if we select Gosder Cherilus.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Please keep this thread bubbling away with all the speculation and reaction you all can muster, I am going to have to relive the draft excitement through this thread so talk it up.

I really want defense at #18, hopefully front 7. Best result in my mind would be Rivers falling to us by some miracle.

Yes I am prepared for an LT or RB in the first, but call me an eternal optimist
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict we pick Mendenhall.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-25-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict an LT or the best defensive player avaliable. Or a trade down, I'm not ruling that out.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

All hail our new lord and savior [Chris Williams/Aqib Talib/Jonathan Stewart/Jerod Mayo/etc/etc].

Old 04-25-2008   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I predict an LT or the best defensive player avaliable. Or a trade down, I'm not ruling that out.
Yep. I have my doubts that they would take a RB, unless there were no alternative.
Old 04-25-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we draft either Mendenhall or Stewart. Let Ahman, Taylor, Walker, Brown, and Mendenhall/Stewart battle it out for first, second, third, and fourth string. Whoever is the oddman out, gets traded or cut. I'm thinking that may be Walker or Taylor. Ahman's injury problems have me wanting him gone though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict the player we draft will be smarter than Vince Young.
Old 04-25-2008   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I predict the player we draft will be smarter than Vince Young.
And Mario Manningham

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #14
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

I found something smarter than Manningham and VY.

Old 04-25-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope people reach and an elite prospect falls to us.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

We're officially in draft day now. Just a mere 13 hours and 32 minutes away.
Old 04-26-2008   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the biggest hole is at Cb... Mike Jenkin's covers us even with a worse case scenario with Robinson. Six OT's before the 17 ?...Now that's a draft class.

Had Mendenhall's Mom on tonight....I think they are a fine family and if he is the pick...outide in instead of inide out, I'm on board. I think in the end we'll pay the price for doing it that way though. But we need a Dominic Davis-Williams pick every five or six years or so, so that we all can figure that out.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-26-2008 at 01:14 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

should be fun, folks. another year, another draft
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #19
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
should be fun, folks. another year, another draft
yep, got the computer set up in the lounge using the tv as a 2nd monitor.
can't wait!
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #20
whiskeyrbl

Oh the possibilities. If we go Defense which I believe we will, I have a short list I would like to see.
LB

Keith Rivers or Jerrod Mayo

DL

Merling or Campbell

DB

Jenkins, Flowers, or DRC

if it is Offense I would have to go OL with Albert or C. Williams. On a trade down it would depend on the position of the pick.

Last edited by whiskeyrbl; 04-26-2008 at 05:24 AM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read