Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-24-2008   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Only kastofsna's Second Mock Draft

remember last year when i made a new mock every other day? how things have changed. i make no excuses. i know you've missed me.

1. Miami Dolphins - Jake Long, T, Michigan - betting my house on this one.
2. St. Louis Rams - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU - had a tough time between Long and Dorsey here. real tough.
3. Atlanta Falcons - Chris Long, DE, Virginia - some nice bookends there potentially
4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas - lots o'speed
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Branden Albert, T, Virginia - everyone says Gholston here, but i think KC takes the best tackle on the board and hopes for a good DE at 17. why not
6. NY Jets - Vernon Gholston, DE, OSU - easy choice here
7. New England Patriots - Keith Rivers, LB, USC - hey them LB's are old
8. Baltimore Ravens - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College - eh they kinda have to
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Sedrick Ellis, DT, LSC - good BPA here
10. New Orleans Saints - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy - ya they need corner help big time
11. Buffalo Bills - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State - someone opposite of Evans. seems to be an easy choice for bust, eh
12. Denver Broncos - Ryan Clady, T, Boise State - greate feet and technique, slides in and starts from day one, no problemo
13. Carolina Panthers - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida - Rucker just retired, plus BPA
14. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah, T, Pittsburgh - maybe the best pure pass-blocker in draft?
15. Detroit Lions - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois - more talent on offense
16. Arizona Cardinals - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, TSU - secondary needs help
17. Kansas City Chiefs - Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson - hey lookie here a nice DE sitting there
18. Houston Texans - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas - i refuse to believe the scouts are looking down on this fella
19. Philadelphia Eagles - DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal - uhh why not
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mike Jenkins, CB, USF - a lot like Ronde Barber, but more athletic and physical
21. Washington Redskins - Calias Campbell, DE, Miami (FL) - people called me crazy for saying he was a top 10 pick. now folks will say this is too high for him
22. Dallas Cowboys - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas - makes sense
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Chris Williams, T, Vanderbilt - prbly should go higher, but injury concerns
24. Tennessee Titans - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas - hey maybe Young will get close to having more TD's than INT's now
25. Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - pretty crappy backfield right now
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kentwan Balmer, DT, UNC - more beef up front, it's the recipe for their defense's success
27. San Diego Chargers - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) - BPA here, helluva safety tandem now
28. Dallas Cowboys - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - good conclusion to the first for Dallas
29. San Francisco 49ers - Gosder Cherilus, T, Boston College - nice
30. Green Bay Packers - Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech - great value
31. NY Giants - Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee - yep, great value, too
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Only kastofsna's Second Mock Draft

I'd rather have J-stew or Chris Williams...but...ehhhh....
Old 04-24-2008   #3
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
remember last year when i made a new mock every other day? how things have changed. i make no excuses. i know you've missed me.

18. Houston Texans - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas - i refuse to believe the scouts are looking down on this fella

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mike Jenkins, CB, USF - a lot like Ronde Barber, but more athletic and physical

28. Dallas Cowboys - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - good conclusion to the first for Dallas

31. NY Giants - Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee - yep, great value, too
I like Talib, but I just don't think he fits in with style of defense the Texans want to play. I can see the Texans taking Jenkins or Cason before Talib. Acutally, I think the Texans will try and trade down, but FWIW, my pick here would be Mayo, with Jenkins and Cason being the fallbacks.
Old 04-24-2008   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I'd rather have J-stew or Chris Williams...but...ehhhh....
Yeah, I figure Chris Williams is our pick if this happens.
Old 04-24-2008   #5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Yeah, I figure Chris Williams is our pick if this happens.
exactly

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Highly unlikely that the Texans pick Talib over Williams. But hey stranger things have happened.
Old 04-24-2008   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want a re-draft .
Old 04-24-2008   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one did miss you Kast. Beerlover has stepped up his game this time around though, but it is good to see you around more.
Old 04-24-2008   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty good draft but disagree with all of these

14. Chicago Bears - Jeff Otah, T, Pittsburgh - maybe the best pure pass-blocker in draft?

You mean best run blocker in draft right?

Goes against good guy image McClain likes. Doubt it.

25. Seattle Seahawks - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - pretty crappy backfield right now

He wont last this long.

27. San Diego Chargers - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) - BPA here, helluva safety tandem now.

Too early for Phillips.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Pretty good draft but disagree with all of these

Goes against good guy image McClain likes. Doubt it.

He wont last this long.

27. San Diego Chargers - Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL) - BPA here, helluva safety tandem now.

Too early for Phillips.
You don't think any safeties will go in the 1st round this year?

Phillips is the consensus top safety.

That pushes him up a little bit, just like Ryan is being pushed up because he is the top QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

uh no
Old 04-24-2008   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

thinking about putting in Malcom Kelly to the Skins
Old 04-24-2008   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
You don't think any safeties will go in the 1st round this year?

Phillips is the consensus top safety.

That pushes him up a little bit, just like Ryan is being pushed up because he is the top QB.
I think Phillips is overated and not worthy of a first round pick. Think there is a chance Tyrell Johnson could go in the first. He is the only S 1st round worthy IMO.

My position on Ryans (and yours) is well documented. dont want to get into that but show me an example of it ever happening. It happens yes but in the top ten? No way. Youre "theory" on Ryans getting drafted higher than he should based on weak depth at his position is silly IMO.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=49559&page=2
Old 04-24-2008   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
uh no
OK where is this coming from? The guy is a mauler who is suspect in pass blocking according to every scouting report I have ever read.
Old 04-25-2008   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

welps according to mine very eyes i disagree whole-heartedly. but i havent really paid attention to him this off-season, maybe that's the word that's spreading for whatever reason
Old 04-25-2008   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sticking with Vinny on this one. He looks a bit stiff to me. Be a good fit for the bears and their scheme though. Ohat goes to the bears...if no one jumps them for him. Gotta run the ball in November and December in chicago. If they don't up grade the o-line Mendenhall will see the same eightman fronts and post the same 3.1 average as Benson did. Deep Draft for RB.

Quote:
i refuse to believe the scouts are looking down on this fella
No they're watching the awkeward "W" drill from the combine and Jordy Nelson of all people, take him to school in the K St. game. Beyond the charcter thing...they don't have the time to coach him up.

Quote:
19. Philadelphia Eagles - DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal - uhh why not
NFW 167 #'s ?...you must be joking. Jackon falls like Bill Clinton's zipper. It may be sunday before we hear his name. Late Sunday.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-25-2008 at 02:39 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

man if i had a nickel for everyone of your missed assumptions...
Old 04-25-2008   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

like Ginn Jr ?
Old 04-25-2008   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Kastofsna was cooking (beer) right up to the Texans selection then went sour (must have been a lambic)

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
man if i had a nickel for everyone of your missed assumptions...
Wow! If that ain't then I don't know what is

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read