Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-23-2008   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Cowgirls/Tacks agree to deal RE: Pacman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

If he plays next season it'll be a 4th round pick and an additional as well if he plays a certain amount.

If he is not reinstated next season its an undisclosed 09 draft pick.
Old 04-23-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowgirls/Tacks agree to deal RE: Pacman

Typical Cowboys picking up thugs. At least he is a good player.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

So it seems the infamous 'White House' in Dallas will have a new resident. Perfect fit.
Old 04-23-2008   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3364138

If he plays next season it'll be a 4th round pick and an additional as well if he plays a certain amount.

If he is not reinstated next season its an undisclosed 09 draft pick.
Great deal. I don't like having thugs but the NFL is littered with all kinds. Basically you make it a heavily incentive laden deal and if it works you get a stuf for cheap and if it doesn't it is no big deal. The guys on 1560 all seemed to like it without the typical bashing.
Old 04-23-2008   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

(open letter to every rabid, bloodthirsty special teams player of the the OTHER 15 teams which comprise the National Football Conference:

Gentlemen:
Will one of you overpaid, psychotic, conceited, prima donna, raw meat eatin', skank impregnatin', steroid poppin', paid Nike shoe wearin', autograph sellin', bone crunchin' muff-huggas PLEASE put this sum-byatch in a body cast on a kick off return!? I for one am sick of hearing about him, his thuggish entouráge and his violent @ss in general. Obliterate his ribcage on a runback will ya?

Respectfully,

Sir Richard Kensington III
aka Dread Head.

P.S. Duck Fallas...QUACK!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts, and some photoshop fun here.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you Cowboys for removing a really good player from our division.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-23-2008   #8
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Thanks Cowgirls for bringing another thug into the city I live in. The new stadium should have razor wire around the field to make these guys feel more at home!

Oh..and stripper poles in the end zone..

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome extended to Pacman. I trust the opportunity will work well for him and our team.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Great deal. I don't like having thugs but the NFL is littered with all kinds.
I have never understood that kind of thinking. What's more, the Cowboys have been leading the way in the thug department for years. I guess along come the Bengals and you guys feel the need to step it up.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I have never understood that kind of thinking. What's more, the Cowboys have been leading the way in the thug department for years. I guess along come the Bengals and you guys feel the need to step it up.
I think that Jerry has a lot of compassion when it comes to giving players chances or second chances. Hopefully, what he gets in return will not betray his trust.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
See this is where I get peeved. You guys are so full of s#$%. When the Cowboys had problems it was 15 years ago. 15 YEARS. The Texans have had more DWIs and problems than the Cowboys since then. You let a pathetic hatred blind you to the reality of the NFL..most teams have bad seeds. Some a ton. Name Cowboy players from the past decade that were constant trouble?They lead no way. TO has never been arrested. People just don't like him. I don't agree with what PacMan does but if they give him incentives and he turns things around, then it is a great deal. If not, they let him go. The Vikings, the Bengals and a ton of others have had a lot more arrests.

Let me run some stats real quick. In 2006 the Charger team had 3 people out there who ranged from selling cough syrup, to being shot by an off duty officer to a DEA probe. The Vikings led the league in arrests in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Denver had an average of 1-2 arrests every year from 2000-2006. In 2008 the Bears had 5 arrests...Tank twice, The Chargers 6, The Bengals 10...the Cowboys 1....a guy who came from the Texans and didn't even really play..Marcus Coleman.

People need to pull their head out. I don't like what PacMan does and don't condone stupidity. But making a good deal that can either be great or go pffft doesn't bother me. Either the guy turns his life around or he is gone. I'll give him this chance. If the Cowboys let him be a thug, then I'll get peeved. For right now I'll see if his last chance was worth it. Charles Haley was a mental case and did well in Dallas. Tank didn't get in trouble last year. I am just not going to pretend that the NFL doesn't have their good and bad.
Old 04-23-2008   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See this is where I get peeved. You guys are so full of s#$%. When the Cowboys had problems it was 15 years ago. 15 YEARS. The Texans have had more DWIs and problems than the Cowboys since then. You let a pathetic hatred blind you to the reality of the NFL..most teams have bad seeds. Some a ton. Name Cowboy players from the past decade that were constant trouble?They lead no way. TO has never been arrested. People just don't like him. I don't agree with what PacMan does but if they give him incentives and he turns things around, then it is a great deal. If not, they let him go. The Vikings, the Bengals and a ton of others have had a lot more arrests.

Let me run some stats real quick. In 2006 the Charger team had 3 people out there who ranged from selling cough syrup, to being shot by an off duty officer to a DEA probe. The Vikings led the league in arrests in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Denver had an average of 1-2 arrests every year from 2000-2006. In 2008 the Bears had 5 arrests...Tank twice, The Chargers 6, The Bengals 10...the Cowboys 1....a guy who came from the Texans and didn't even really play..Marcus Coleman.

People need to pull their head out. I don't like what PacMan does and don't condone stupidity. But making a good deal that can either be great or go pffft doesn't bother me. Either the guy turns his life around or he is gone. I'll give him this chance. If the Cowboys let him be a thug, then I'll get peeved. For right now I'll see if his last chance was worth it. Charles Haley was a mental case and did well in Dallas. Tank didn't get in trouble last year. I am just not going to pretend that the NFL doesn't have their good and bad.
Facts don't fly around here where the Cowboys are concerned, buddy.

Either you hate the Cowboys or you are not a "real" Houston Texans fan. Trust me, I've been reminded plenty of times.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The text in bold and the rest was in response to my post, so I'll assume you were talking to me and that was unnecessary, I think more of you than to say that to me and that's the only reason I won't hit the red button for the second time ever since I've been on this board.

I'm 44. Fifteen years ago was yesterday. There is no statute of limitations here, but if I'm wrong the Cowboy faithful would know about that sort of thing. Getting caught with cocaine time and time again. Beating wives up, getting popped with tons of weed twice in rapid fire > to DWI's where no one was hurt and, I could be wrong here, if so, I'll take it back, were not repeated.

You are a Texan fan, but a Cowboy fan as well, if you want to defend the Cowboys, fine. Just get some apparently-needed thicker skin if you choose to do so on a Texan board.

Last edited by Showtime100; 04-23-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2008   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a bad deal if he gets re-instated. At least in Tenn he chose human pornographic shops instead of what the locals use; the nearest barnyard.

Personally I am eh on the cowboys they don't really bother me much. I haven't had too many bad fans up here in Dallas but then again I haven't been around here in fall with my gear on.

Sides...come on seriously why waste your energy hating the cowboys when there is a Bud Adams owned organization in Tennessee much more deserving of ire.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Not a bad deal if he gets re-instated. At least in Tenn he chose human pornographic shops instead of what the locals use; the nearest barnyard.

Personally I am eh on the cowboys they don't really bother me much. I haven't had too many bad fans up here in Dallas but then again I haven't been around here in fall with my gear on.

Sides...come on seriously why waste your energy hating the cowboys when there is a Bud Adams owned organization in Tennessee much more deserving of ire.
I can do both. I used to have it in for the entire AFC Central + Dallas.
Old 04-23-2008   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Facts don't fly around here where the Cowboys are concerned, buddy.

Either you hate the Cowboys or you are not a "real" Houston Texans fan. Trust me, I've been reminded plenty of times.
totally agree man. im a texan more than a houstonian any day of the week. i don't hate on the cowboys but this Pac Man move just plays into the hands of the haters. i hate to say it but facts be damned, Pac Man is the poster boy for bad boy behavior and anti-social behavior. this is a big risk not so much for the draft pick, which was nominal all things considered, but the risk to your locker room and franchise is pretty much unprecedented. Jones has been rewarded with giving players second chances in the past but the stakes have never been higher. Pac Man is a Grade A Jackass and to put faith in him is a dubious proposition at best. PacMan. Tank Johnson. Who's next? Tony Montana?

grats to JJ if it works out though, because he may be celebrating a Super Bowl championship if it does. Pac Man has a buttload of talent and with him and Newman at CB, that is a pretty vaunted starting CB duo. Then you factor in his ST skills, this could be the move that puts them over the top..........or the move that embarrasses the franchise once again.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 04-23-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I think that Jerry has a lot of compassion when it comes to giving players chances or second chances. Hopefully, what he gets in return will not betray his trust.
Quote:

Jerry has a lot of compassion for players..and that is why he gives them a chance?....
I am sure the good samaritan Jerry would be giving a third string guy a 10th chance to make it in this league too! Jerry does not give a crap about character. He never has.

Houston Frog..did you forget your friend Q, the crack head quarterback?(2004) Although a former Cowpie, your boy Irvin made news with a little crack pipe in the car during his first chance at the hall.(2005) I know all good Christians carry crack pipes. He is born again..right? Perhaps you forgot about Dwayne Goodrich and his two counts of vehicular manslaughter in 2003. Nate Newton in 2001 was toting around over 200 lbs of weed. All good folks in more 'recent' years to wear the cowboy star and the orange jumpsuit. In fact all orange jumpsuits come standard with the star here in lil d. My math is not real good, but that sure seems like less than 15 years. I thought you were an attorney Frog..do your homework..you are better than that.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If I weren't so senile now I could have had Pacman for that low price

signed
Al Davis
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #20
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Thank you Cowboys for removing a really good player from our division.
my thoughts as well.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read