Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 04-26-2008   #141
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

Not bad at all
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #142
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

lost the OG before I could get him posted here, but the level 3 LB is still unsigned.

Feliz Navidad
Old 04-26-2008   #143
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a done deal.

What do you guys know about custom equipment? I bought a booster pack for ten bucks and it gave me 1200 flex points (I just couldn't stand being the worst player on the team). It only took 600 for 3 level ups. Since I can only level up once a season I should be able to level up next year from my xp points, I think.

So long story short, should I use my remaining 600 points on some custom equipment or is there a reason that I am not seeing to hold on to my points until later?

BTW, the new season has already started right?
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #144
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
It's a done deal.

What do you guys know about custom equipment? I bought a booster pack for ten bucks and it gave me 1200 flex points (I just couldn't stand being the worst player on the team). It only took 600 for 3 level ups. Since I can only level up once a season I should be able to level up next year from my xp points, I think.

So long story short, should I use my remaining 600 points on some custom equipment or is there a reason that I am not seeing to hold on to my points until later?

Custom equipment is well worth it. I have custom on each of my guys, usually with +6 STA.

Your avatar is making me ill
Old 04-26-2008   #145
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
It's a done deal.

the custom equipment can be used to add up to 6 points of attributes to your player. It's similar to what you would do with your skill points when you level up. With that one piece of equipment you can add a point to any six attributes you want to increase. You could put +2 in strength, +1 in vision, or whatever you wanted. You could even put all 6 in one attribute if you wanted to. The only thing is that it will cost you 100 flex points for each point you add to your attributes. If you think you are weak in a certain area or two. It could really help you out.
Old 04-26-2008   #146
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
lost the OG before I could get him posted here, but the level 3 LB is still unsigned.

Feliz Navidad
the LB is now off the market...missed another one.

I had a level 2 DE contact me about a backup role, but I told him he would have to wait until the morning. If he is still available in the morning, his player link is:

Cheeee Eeese
Old 04-26-2008   #147
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Custom equipment is well worth it. I have custom on each of my guys, usually with +6 STA.

Your avatar is making me ill
Thanks, the +6 STA is a good idea I think. I was planning on putting all the points in one attribute and I hear stamina is the most important attribute. With that said, looking at my player I really do have a few weak areas as Vtech said. So I might spread the points. Guess I will have to sleep on it.

As far as the avatar, I laugh every time I see that picture. He looks like a blithering idi ot with his stupid hair and that **** eating grin on his face. It just reminds me how such a jackass can have such a highly touted position in an organization. Never trust the guy making decisions for you is what it says to me. But you are right I can see that the picture bothers people and I think I will retire it.
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2008   #148
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks, the +6 STA is a good idea I think. I was planning on putting all the points in one attribute and I hear stamina is the most important attribute. With that said, looking at my player I really do have a few weak areas as Vtech said. So I might spread the points. Guess I will have to sleep on it.

As far as the avatar, I laugh every time I see that picture. He looks like a blithering idi ot with his stupid hair and that **** eating grin on his face. It just reminds me how such a jackass can have such a highly touted position in an organization. Never trust the guy making decisions for you is what it says to me. But you are right I can see that the picture bothers people and I think I will retire it.
From what you have now, if it was my player, I would add +2 speed, +2 agility, +1 vision, and +1 to either stamina or tackling
Old 04-26-2008   #149
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
From what you have now, if it was my player, I would add +2 speed, +2 agility, +1 vision, and +1 to either stamina or tackling
I agree except for the speed. I am already the fastest LB on the team so I think the points might be better used elsewhere. I am also the worst tackler on the squad so I am thinking about beefing that 2-3 points.
Old 04-26-2008   #150
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree except for the speed. I am already the fastest LB on the team so I think the points might be better used elsewhere. I am also the worst tackler on the squad so I am thinking about beefing that 2-3 points.
you may be the fastest on the team, but not as fast as your player needs to be. Just remember, you will probably have to cover that LVL 8 TE from the other team.
Old 04-26-2008   #151
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
you may be the fastest on the team, but not as fast as your player needs to be. Just remember, you will probably have to cover that LVL 8 TE from the other team.
Ouch didn't think too much about coverage. I believe I heard HC Texan say that we want run stopping LB's, so that was basically the way I built my guy. Plus we have a pretty good secondary.

The lvl 8 TE is a one game thing, I am not going to build my player around covering one guy in one game. Most teams have mediocre to bad TE's.

I am not saying you are wrong but just trying to see all the angles.
Old 04-26-2008   #152
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ouch didn't think too much about coverage. I believe I heard HC Texan say that we want run stopping LB's, so that was basically the way I built my guy. Plus we have a pretty good secondary.

The lvl 8 TE is a one game thing, I am not going to build my player around covering one guy in one game. Most teams have mediocre to bad TE's.

I am not saying you are wrong but just trying to see all the angles.
lol...you will also need speed to chase down those speedy RB's when they run outside. I think our DL is going to stiff enough to shut down the middle running game, but the LB's will need to help on the outside.

In this game, we are supposed to set everything to stop the pass.
Old 04-26-2008   #153
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
lol...you will also need speed to chase down those speedy RB's when they run outside. I think our DL is going to stiff enough to shut down the middle running game, but the LB's will need to help on the outside.

In this game, we are supposed to set everything to stop the pass.
In this game as in GLB or this game against the Longhorns? You have swayed me to at least use a point on speed but if I run an RB down and don't tackle them then the speed is useless. I mean I have never played this game but I think I should beef up my tackling before anything else.
Old 04-26-2008   #154
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In this game as in GLB or this game against the Longhorns? You have swayed me to at least use a point on speed but if I run an RB down and don't tackle them then the speed is useless. I mean I have never played this game but I think I should beef up my tackling before anything else.
the team focus for this game against the Longhorns is going to be defend the pass first.

Actually, I think you are a little stronger than you need to be, but that's ok...You can build up your tackling and other attributes as you go along. One of the threads in our team forum has a link to another thread that will tell you where to fucus your training. It covers every position, so before you buy your custom equipment, find that thread and read it. That will help you out the most.

As for me...I'm going to bed...catch ya tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2008   #155
whiskeyrbl

Just created a SS named Hurricane Hurley if interested.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=263492

Last edited by whiskeyrbl; 04-26-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-26-2008   #156
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
SS is one of the positions we have both a starter and a backup. They might still want him for depth, so go ahead and post his player link here.
Old 04-26-2008   #157
vtech9
Hall of Fame

just had a LVL 4 DT email me about a roster spot. Here is his player link and info:

Derek James

Never mind...he wouldn't wait

Last edited by vtech9; 04-26-2008 at 09:40 AM.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008   #158
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Re: Custom Equipment, I would recommend +6 to a single stat. The reasoning behind this is that as a stat gains levels, it is harder to raise that stat with training. So it is better to raise primary stats with flex points, and then train the secondary stats that are lower. Conversely, boosting a lower stat that you just couldn't get to with flex points might be valuable (hence my choice of STA). However, spreading the points across three stats or more is not going to yield a significant benefit like stacking those points would.
Old 04-26-2008   #159
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the LB is now off the market...missed another one.

I had a level 2 DE contact me about a backup role, but I told him he would have to wait until the morning. If he is still available in the morning, his player link is:

Cheeee Eeese
Offer sent to this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=263492
I would like to make an offer but we have enough SS at the moment. We need an OT, LB, DE, DT, G, C, TE. All back up roles but will see significant playing time.
Old 04-26-2008   #160
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry if I missed any guys that y'all have recruited. I have had a sick kid and was way behind on sleep. Thanks to everyone for chipping in, we keep up this kind of activity we will blow the doors off everyone else.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read