Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-22-2008   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anquan Boldin wants out

Quote:
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Arizona receiver has met with the Cardinals and informed them that he wants out. The Cardinals have told him that it won’t happen.

Surprisingly, the Cards haven’t slammed the door on signing Boldin, who is under contract through 2010, to a new deal. But, let’s face it, with so much money tied up in Larry Fitzgerald’s four-year, $40 million extension, there won’t nearly be as much for Boldin.

And so it continues.

With the draft coming in less than four days, teams should include in their assessment of the talent pool one very important factor: Whether the player they’re thinking about drafting might eventually be the next name on this list.
come 'ere, you.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Anquan Boldin wants out

I'd like to see him go to the Phins, He's instantly the starter.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

anquan is sick....he played like four positions in a bowl game for fsu.....i'd kill to have him on the texans. kill.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #4
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'd like to see him go to the Phins, He's instantly the starter.
I think he's instanty the starter anywhere he goes.

He's a beast.
Old 04-23-2008   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's one of the reasons I won my FF league last year. Got me points when I needed them!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Boldin will never make it in the NFL since he ran a 4.7 40 at the combine....

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowboys have looked at CJ, Roy Williams and are looking WR in the draft. They could use one of those #1s and something else.
Old 04-23-2008   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll add that the Cards are declining a trade....the Skins are desperate again for a top WR
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3363170

Quote:
The Arizona Cardinals have no interest in dealing wide receiver Anquan Boldin, despite trade inquiries from other teams and a trade request by Boldin's agent.

"We're not interested in trading Anquan," general manager Rod Graves said, according to the Arizona Republic. "That's the short of it."

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that the Cardinals have declined a trade offer from the Washington Redskins for the five-year veteran. The Redskins also unsuccessfully sought to trade for disgruntled Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson.

The Philadelphia Eagles also have inquired about Boldin and are dangling Lito Sheppard as part of a deal. The Cards are saying no for now.

Boldin is reportedly unhappy with his contract after the Cardinals re-signed fellow Arizona wideout Larry Fitzgerald to a four-year, $40 million deal. The Cards say that they won't re-do Boldin's deal so he's asked out, Mortensen reported.
Old 04-23-2008   #9
Polo

He's such a cancer
Old 04-23-2008   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What's up with players signing long term deals and then whining to get let go or traded? Why sign with that team to begin with?

oh, that's right: greed
Old 04-23-2008   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to have Boldin. Trade Davis and our first. I could care less. Trade Sage for a second or third, and get a OT and RB in those rounds.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #12
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What's up with players signing long term deals and then whining to get let go or traded? Why sign with that team to begin with?

oh, that's right: greed
I would feel this way if the teams had to honor the contracts as well...but they don't. I don't fault the players for trying to reup as often as possible when they aren't guaranteed.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 04-23-2008   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'd love to have Boldin. Trade Davis and our first. I could care less. Trade Sage for a second or third, and get a OT and RB in those rounds.
I must be having a brain short.....who's davis?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 04-23-2008   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I must be having a brain short.....who's davis?
Andre Davis
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read