Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Spencer, Robinson make a perfect team for Texans

Wolf

100% Texan
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2008/04/spencer_and_robinson_make_a_pe.html

The Texans will be watching Charles Spencer closely in the next few weeks. It's a critical period for him as the coaches, doctors and trainers determine just when they will let him loose to practice with the rest of his teammates. It could be during OTAs in mid-May or it may not be until late July when training camp opens.

One thing is for certain, Spencer has received a big boost in the last few months with Dunta Robinson joining him. There aren't too many more players you would want to be stuck with during intense rehabilitation than Robinson. He's an outstanding player, obviously. But he's also a great teammate and motivator. He developed into a true leader on the football team last season.

The only bad part of their union is that they are in the training room and not the locker room more. The Texans need these two players in uniform on Sundays (or Mondays). Coach Gary Kubiak is well aware of that, which is why he is giving each one plenty of opportunity to get healed

"It's difficult with your numbers, but at the same time, those are two players that if they are going to be there, they are going to make our football team a lot better," Kubiak said. "They've earned the right for our football team to sit here and give them a chance to get back on that field as quickly as possible. So I'm counting on them. Our football team is counting on them coming back. How quickly, we'll have to wait and see."

We'll find out soon about Spencer. Robinson's return date is less certain, but Kubiak is anticipating him being ready about halfway through the season.

With as much as a boost that Spencer has received from Robinson, the same can be said for Robinson. And when Spencer is finally able to run on the field during game day, Robinson's enthusiasm will be arguably as intense as that of Spencer's only family. He will be excited because of the respect he has for Spencer, and because it will give Robinson hope that he will soon be running onto the field right behind Spencer.

"When you get hurt, a lot of people don't come back because they don't work as hard as they can," Robinson said. "If you go in that training room and you give it 100-percent every day. You'll be fine.

"The way Charles is working - even after two years - who can still work this hard after two years? A lot of people would have given up by now. And he hasn't. It just show what kind of heart he has."

Goldensilence

hipster elite
If Spencer even cracks the starting lineup thatwill be an amazing accomplishment. We're all still cheering for you Charles!

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I want both of these guys back so bad! I am glad Spencer is coming back pretty soon, he has been gone soooo long. I really hope he performs well. As for as DR, he's the heart and soul of the D as far as I am concerned. One of my favorites, always has been. I hope he makes it back to the same player he was.

:texflag:

badboy

Hall of Fame
Think about this. We select Williams at 18. He is as good as we think in new system. Spencer is ready to go by say game 4 and Gibbs says his best position is LT as Bresiel is the RG. Brandon Frye has an amazing TC and pre-season and shows enough to be a capable LT. Rashard Butler has wowed the coaches with his speed and improved blocking skills.

We select a Cb in 3rd and Godfry or (Chevis Jackson) has been proven to be starter material and hits like DR.

Now that is a problem I would smile at.

Dallas_Texan

Waterboy
Did anyone see Dunta on NFLN at lunch today? They had the meet the rookie's where they follow three through the draft, and he was one of the ones that was featured. It was pretty cool. He, Big Ben, and someone else were followed. That just reminds me of how much I liked that guy! He thought he was going to go in the Top 5, but he stayed with his family instead of going to Radio City Music Hall. Good guy all around.

disaacks3

Staff member
Bump (after hearing Kubiak at the luncheon today)

Kubes said that Spencer WILL BE BACK...though he also mentioned that they may transition him to a Guard position.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Bump (after hearing Kubiak at the luncheon today)

Kubes said that Spencer WILL BE BACK...though he also mentioned that they may transition him to a Guard position.

He still has a long, hard battle in front of him. IMO, it's going to be like his rookie year all over again. He'll have to compete for a spot which now appears to be some stiff competition along the Oline. I wish him all the luck.

Granted, all is moot if his knee's unable to take the beating.

:fans:

disaacks3

Staff member
The point of my post was to emphasize that Kubes exuded Spencer's recovery as a done deal, whereas he "hopes" that D-Rob "may" be back between games 6-8 this season.

I'll take all the depth on the O-line we can get!