Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,226
Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/s...n.3747602.html

Quote:
COLLEGE STATION The Mike Goodson era has started at Texas A&M thanks to the start of the Mike Sherman era in Aggieland.

Goodson, A&M's electric tailback who will be a junior next season, rushed for 58 yards on eight carries Saturday during the first drive of the Aggies' annual Maroon & White game at Kyle Field.

"He's a dangerous weapon," Sherman said of Goodson. "He needs to have the ball in his hands."

An estimated 32,000 fans were on hand to help kickoff the regime of Sherman, a former Green Bay Packers coach and Houston Texans offensive coordinator.

Former A&M coach Dennis Franchione liked spreading the wealth on offense, which is why Goodson, the team's most talented player, split running duties with Jorvorskie Lane over the past two seasons.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt
 
TexansLucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 4,770
Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Can't wait for next year! I know Jorvorskie is probably pretty excited, since I know Sherman likes those big power backs. I doubt he will be on the bench if he can't help it.

Goodson is one hell of a player and a perfect compliment for J-Train. The tandem looks good when they are played properly.... we can only hope that they will be.

My only concerns for next year are the secondary and our QB situation. McGee is great at helping the run game, but not so much a serious threat down the field. If he can open up then we can be much less one-dimensional and really get some stuff done.

I don't study the Ags like I do the Texans (since I prefer pro football and I am normally too excited to nit-pick when I am at all the games), so I am not sure if the secondary is having issues due to lack of talent, or a lack of a pass rush is stretching the D. Either way I hope the staff did some things to replace Big Red and get back to the wrecking crew days.
__________________

Last edited by TexansLucky13; 04-20-2008 at 12:41 AM.
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame
 
bah007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodlands, TX
Posts: 8,558
Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Goodson is one hell of a player and a perfect compliment for J-Train. The tandem looks good when they are played properly.... we can only hope that they will be.
The problem with the previous regime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
...so I am not sure if the secondary is having issues due to lack of talent, or a lack of a pass rush is stretching the D. Either way I hope the staff did some things to replace Big Red and get back to the wrecking crew days.
The last few years the Ags have had a pretty good D-line.

Too bad the A&M secondary is a black hole. And I don't think it gets any better this year.

If I were an A&M fan, I would be pretty excited this year. But not too excited, after looking at the defense.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt
 
TexansLucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 4,770
Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The last few years the Ags have had a pretty good D-line.

Too bad the A&M secondary is a black hole. And I don't think it gets any better this year.

If I were an A&M fan, I would be pretty excited this year. But not too excited, after looking at the defense.
Yep. Despite our defensive woes I am still very excited for this season. Any game where Jorvorskie is on the field is one worth watching.
__________________
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #5
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame
 
Texaninlild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mansfield, TX
Age: 38
Posts: 1,438
Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Can't wait for next year! I know Jorvorskie is probably pretty excited, since I know Sherman likes those big power backs. I doubt he will be on the bench if he can't help it.

Goodson is one hell of a player and a perfect compliment for J-Train. The tandem looks good when they are played properly.... we can only hope that they will be.

My only concerns for next year are the secondary and our QB situation. McGee is great at helping the run game, but not so much a serious threat down the field. If he can open up then we can be much less one-dimensional and really get some stuff done.

I don't study the Ags like I do the Texans (since I prefer pro football and I am normally too excited to nit-pick when I am at all the games), so I am not sure if the secondary is having issues due to lack of talent, or a lack of a pass rush is stretching the D. Either way I hope the staff did some things to replace Big Red and get back to the wrecking crew days.
I think coach Fran helped McGee become the one dimensional player he is today. He was an excellent passing QB in high school. Hopefully coach Sherman can get that out of him again.

I think the J-Train is moving to fullback.
__________________


I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor
 
GlassHalfFull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Section 353
Posts: 7,177
Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Yep. Despite our defensive woes I am still very excited for this season. Any game where Jorvorskie is on the field is one worth watching.

My son is going to be a freshman at A&M next year. We have been unable to get to a game in College Station for several years, because the Aggie schedule conflicted with his HS football schedule. I hope we will be able to get up there this season.
__________________
GlassHalfFull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #7
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame
 
Texaninlild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mansfield, TX
Age: 38
Posts: 1,438
Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
My son is going to be a freshman at A&M next year. We have been unable to get to a game in College Station for several years, because the Aggie schedule conflicted with his HS football schedule. I hope we will be able to get up there this season.
My brother just transferred in. Tell your son to buy a bike. He most likely will need it just to make it from class to class on time.

Games in college station are a blast. Have fun.
__________________


I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-21-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame
 
bah007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodlands, TX
Posts: 8,558
Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football: Goodson puts on a show in A&M's spring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
I think coach Fran helped McGee become the one dimensional player he is today. He was an excellent passing QB in high school. Hopefully coach Sherman can get that out of him again.

I think the J-Train is moving to fullback.
Lane will play FB.

But that doesn't mean he won't get the ball.

Having Lane & Goodson on the field at the same time on every play can only help them.

Last year, that offense was at its worst when one of them was on the sideline. When they are out there at the same time, you have to account for three threats to run the ball.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger