Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-19-2008   #1
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default London game, good omen or bad omen?

Just noticed in one of my old SIs that the London game last year pitted the Giants against the Dolphins. One won the Superbowl, the other owns the number one pick. Interesting.....
Old 04-19-2008   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: London game, good omen or bad omen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
European games is BAAAAD news for US Fans, imo.

It's gonna keep expanding over there.

It's all about the dollar. Or the Euro...as it were.

The NFL and ALL of it's entities don't give a crap about fans anymore!
maybe they want MORE fans.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

they want more fans to spend money. pretty simple.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #4
Houston TexanUK
Rookie

Quote:
Like I said.
Viewership of NFL games has almost doubled in the past 2 years... NFL Europa died because of the awful organisation of the league. Games were on at awkward times for many countries. The league was built expecting 45-50 thousand people going to everygame. That was unrealistic. That is why it lost so much money. On top of that, the play was awful. If you turned on a game and saw wide recievers dropping every other pass, it would turn off most new viewers...

The NFL play games in London simply to get more fans. If more fans watch the sport you love, surely thats a good thing?

I live just outside London, I went to the Giants-Dolphins game (which was one of the worst games I have ever seen) and I have a ticket to the game later in the season. I went with 6 people to the Giants-Dolphins game, and only 2 of us followed NFL properly. 2 Were casual fans. 2 Had never watched it. Although it was a poor game, everyone was as big of a fan as I am afterward.

All 6 of us are flying over for 3-4 games this year. I know ALOT of Brits that are flying over for many games this coming season.

And with 2 High powered offenses coming over this year, it can only make the league better loved worldwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Just noticed in one of my old SIs that the London game last year pitted the Giants against the Dolphins. One won the Superbowl, the other owns the number one pick. Interesting.....
Saints-Chargers this year... Chargers may win the SB, but I dont see the Saints going 2-14/3-13. They have one of the easiest schedules in the league.
Houston TexanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #5
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I highly doubt it's a fanbase sort of thing.

Otherwise, NFL Europe would still be going.
Not going belly up.
NFL Europe went belly up because it was a joke. If the sport wants to be taken seriously on a global scale, for financial reasons or otherwise, it has to take the genuine product outside of America.
steds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say the London games are a good thing. A strong NFL means it will be around for decades, and I can take having 1 game a year on at a strange time

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read