Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-22-2008   #121
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage to Baltimore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Nobody is worth a first, second, and third. I cant think of any player worth more than a first quite frankly. LT is getting up there in age and so is Peyton so I would not trade a first rounder for either of them. If I was gonna trade a first, Id like to get a young solid player who would be dominant years from now. Marcus McNeil, the SD LT comes to mind as an example.
interesting... you wouldn't consider Manning or Brady (who are hardley old) worth your first three picks?

i'm not saying i would but i'd certainly think about it.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #122
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage & our #1 to move up in the top 10.....you heard it here first.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #123
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Speaking of the Vikings there are rumors out there they offered there first and third rounders for Jared Allen, plus a pick next year...kinda kills the SAge trade rumors if it happens.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Source is a pay site.
Why does getting Jared Allen kill a trade for Sage? Allen should be a very good player and expensive but part of Sage's "attractiveness" is his contract costs and two years left. If Vikes give a 1st & 3rd for Allen and a 2nd for a possible QB starter or a solid B/up, sounds a good deal to me.
Old 04-22-2008   #124
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Why does getting Jared Allen kill a trade for Sage? Allen should be a very good player and expensive but part of Sage's "attractiveness" is his contract costs and two years left. If Vikes give a 1st & 3rd for Allen and a 2nd for a possible QB starter or a solid B/up, sounds a good deal to me.
Because I don't think they are the Redskins, meaning I think they would like to hold onto some of their draft picks. The have other needs besides DE and QB.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #125
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
interesting... you wouldn't consider Manning or Brady (who are hardley old) worth your first three picks?

If Texans had 1st, 2nd and 3rd and we had neither Schaub or Sage, I would not give those picks for any QB. Especially with what we have seen Kubes do with a scrap heap QB like Sage. I would probably go LT @18, QB in 2nd and a CB in third.
Old 04-22-2008   #126
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Because I don't think they are the Redskins, meaning I think they would like to hold onto some of their draft picks. The have other needs besides DE and QB.
I agree they need picks but they have already bumped the offer (see your link) to include a high round pick 2009. You may hold he picks, but the team think Allen is worth a 1st & 3rd. The only thing we should look at is the 2nd rd selection. To the Vikings, it comes down to what they would value as priority, a QB or ? Their remain intriguing players in 4th and 5th.
Old 04-22-2008   #127
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ravens fans, you may finally have your quarterback of the future: Chad Henne. I made him the 20th pick in my mock first round Monday, chosen by Baltimore after a trade with Tampa Bay. And after talking to Henne at length Monday night, the idea seems pretty plausible.

"They seem to like me a lot, but you never know,'' the 22-year-old Henne said from his Pennsylvania home. "I think I'm a pretty good fit there. I kind of stressed with them my ability to come in and play right away, because I've been through it already [as a four-year starter at Michigan].
from MMQB... no sage imo but possible trade down partner?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-22-2008   #128
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

VIKES GIVE UP THREE 2008 PICKS FOR ALLEN
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 11:17 p.m.

Holy crap.

The Vikings, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, surrendered their first-round pick in the 2008 draft and both third-round selections for Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen.

The Chiefs will now add the No. 17, No. 73, and No. 82 overall selections to the No. 5, No. 35, and No. 66 picks, giving them six selections among the first 100 picks.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

but they didn't throw in their 2nd round pick.... you know why..

Ok, really. Forget Minnesota, onto Green Bay and Oakland and etc.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #129
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is anyone even mentioning Minnesota since they signed Gus Frerotte??

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #130
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Why is anyone even mentioning Minnesota since they signed Gus Frerotte??
Wow. Did you read that to yourself before typing it?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #131
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

No, and I didn't read through seven pages of posts before I typed it either. Sue me.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #132
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe the Vikings think that Brad Childress (who coached mcNabb) and Kevin Rogers (Qb coach that coached at VT) and or Darell Bevell(OC that was Favre QB coach) can put their heads together for a game plan on improving the Qb's of the Vikes .. and can improve the team better than haven't Sage and missing a 2nd rounder (being Ukede is out)

and if not, they might still try to take a shot at Sage
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #133
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
maybe the Vikings think that Brad Childress (who coached mcNabb) and Kevin Rogers (Qb coach that coached at VT) and or Darell Bevell(OC that was Favre QB coach) can put their heads together for a game plan on improving the Qb's of the Vikes .. and can improve the team better than haven't Sage and missing a 2nd rounder (being Ukede is out)

LOL I just read the thread about Jared Allen and the 3 picks the vikes gave up
Old 04-23-2008   #134
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

A 2nd rounder for Sage would have improved the Vikings more than giving up their 1st and 2 3rds for Allen. A lot more. What are they thinking.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #135
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
A 2nd rounder for Sage would have improved the Vikings more than giving up their 1st and 2 3rds for Allen. A lot more. What are they thinking.
Not a bad deal and a great bargain, I wish I would have thought of that

signed
Mike Lynn

http://min.scout.com/2/11653.html
Old 04-23-2008   #136
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL I just read the thread about Jared Allen and the 3 picks the vikes gave up
Cue the "Sage to the Chiefs" thread in 3...2...1...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #137
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

No i wouldnt. Peyton is 32 and Brady is 30. If they play another 5 years, then I would have severely stunted my team by giving up 3 potential starters. On the other hand a LT like McNeil is only 24 and he can play for another 12 years. I might consider a first for him, but only someone like that. Young and solid.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #138
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
No i wouldnt. Peyton is 32 and Brady is 30. If they play another 5 years, then I would have severely stunted my team by giving up 3 potential starters. On the other hand a LT like McNeil is only 24 and he can play for another 12 years. I might consider a first for him, but only someone like that. Young and solid.
i doubt mcneill lasts 12 yrs.. iirc he has a narrowing of the spine (which caused him to fall to the 2nd rd in the first place)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #139
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To my knowledge, that's only worked a hand full of times in the history of the league, Favre being the most recent. Generally, it usually turns out bad for the coach. If they're smart like kubes was after his 1st year here dealing with DC, they'll go ahead & make a move b/c Jackson isn't the answer & Ferotte damn sure isn't.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #140
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another Sage Trade Thread

How about Rosenfels to KC now? With the trade today, KC now has 3 3rd rounders along with thier 2nd and 4th. Seems like they have plenty of mid round ammo to entice the Texans.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read