Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-21-2008   #101
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosenfels Traded Before the Draft?

Threads get merged together when they're closely related in subject matter. It keeps the board from having 6-7 threads about the same thing going at one time.

I imagine someone merged it with the older existing thread.
Old 04-21-2008   #102
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rosenfels Traded Before the Draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Did something happen? Why did the title to this thread change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Uhh it says Sage to Baltimore. Though it did say Rosenfels Traded Before the Draft? (or something like that).
Nope someone thought it would be fun to start a new thread and a new rumor because we did not have enough of that in the first place. This thread was started when McNair retired.
Old 04-21-2008   #103
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage to Baltimore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I f
the Texan's moved up for a top end tackle, that would be a comitment to the QB poition that they've never made before....I'll believe it when I see it.

agreed only a fool or a baseball writer would not recognise that this could be the richest offensive line tallent in NFL draft history. and the Texan's history suggests they will wiff one more time.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #104
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Then please explain - what do you mean by "Wiffing", and what about the Texans history (current regime only please) suggests they will "wiff"?
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #105
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Listening to Lance Z. this morning, he did a review of all 32 teams and their draft picks over the last 6 years. It was his opinion that the Texans wouldn't even be in the top 10 of worst drafts over that time period. He cited 4th round picks like DDW who gave the Texans way more production than could have been anticipated. He even threw out Jerome Mathis as a guy who was picked in the 4th round who was productive in his rookie year, by making the Pro-Bowl and being named an All-Pro. CC Brown (love 'em or hate 'em) was mentioned and has been a starter. Add in Chester Pitts, Dunta Robinson, DeMeco Ryans, etc., etc...

Yes, there have been a lot of misses, but to say the Texans have blown all their drafts is pretty short-sighted. Other teams have fallen woefully shorter than the Texans in the drafting department. Hopefully with the new regime - those misses will further and fewer in between.
Old 04-21-2008   #106
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans should take a 3rd for him. We only have 5 draft picks this year and honestly, Sage wasn't all that great last year. Yea he made some plays, but he also threw alot of interceptions, and just errant passes. He's really lucky he didn't throw more. I think Sage is a great backup, but I don't think he is a starter.

I was watching that Tennessee vs Houston game and that come back really wasn't Sage's doing. He threw an interception on his first pass. He also threw one to Bulluck later on, and almost another one to a linebacker toward the end of the game. Just really bad decisions. He was late on quite a few throws, and honestly that throw he made to Andre Davis at the end was Andre Davis' play.

The receivers made some great plays, and ran some great routes. Walter was killing the guy covering him. Sage missed alot of passes to receivers; he was either late or just didn't hit the receiver. Sage played well, but even in that performance I wouldn't label him a starting quarterback. You just can't stare receivers down or you will get intercepted ... ALOT.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 04-21-2008 at 03:25 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #107
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am truly shocked at the reasons some of you are floating on why Quin signed with Texans. He has seen the passion and the words of wisdom and insight expressed on this MB. How could any player turn a ridiculously cheap contract down with no off the record promise of being #2 and know how kindly he will be treated by the fans of this board?
Old 04-21-2008   #108
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am truly shocked at the reasons some of you are floating on why Quin signed with Texans. He has seen the passion and the words of wisdom and insight expressed on this MB. How could any player turn a ridiculously cheap contract down with no off the record promise of being #2 and know how kindly he will be treated by the fans of this board?
I'll throw my reason too. He heard people on this board LOVE backup Qbs.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #109
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the closer to the draft we get the more Sage's value climbs and one of those teams with a huge questionmark at QB ... Minn , GB , Balt , Chiago (couple others less likely to be involved) may panic and give up the farm (#2or 3) for Sage . He did play pretty well last season (Sometimes better than MS) and could probably step into one of those situations and do well ... Would I hate to see him go ? Absolutely . Would I pull the trigger for the right deal ? Absolutely .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #110
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

The Vikings already offered pick #73 in this year's draft for Rosenfels and the Texans turned that offer down. Kubiak obviously understands Sage's value to this team, more so than some of the fans do. That means pretty much the only way Sage will be traded is if a team offers a draft pick higher than #73, which is not likely to happen.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #111
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

I got an of the wall idea...how about if we move up by sending Sage to Baltimore for the 8 pick and they can have our 18....Would that work?
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #112
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how it works in the new draft chart, but moving from 18 to a top ten pick would usually take a 2nd a 1st this year and next year, maybe a 3rd this year.

Now is Sage worth a future 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd draft pick?

BTW, I pulled that number out of my ***, but when you make that kind of jump in draft selection, its usually something crazy like that.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #113
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
The Vikings already offered pick #73 in this year's draft for Rosenfels and the Texans turned that offer down. Kubiak obviously understands Sage's value to this team, more so than some of the fans do. That means pretty much the only way Sage will be traded is if a team offers a draft pick higher than #73, which is not likely to happen.
Speaking of the Vikings there are rumors out there they offered there first and third rounders for Jared Allen, plus a pick next year...kinda kills the SAge trade rumors if it happens.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Quote:
The Vikings have reportedly increased their offer to the Chiefs for franchise player Jared Allen.

Minnesota allegedly now has its first-round and third-round picks this year and a 2009 second-rounder on the table. The Vikes were previously offering only their 2008 first- and third-rounders. Assuming a contract can be agreed upon, Kansas City seems likely to take them up on the new proposal.
Source is a pay site.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #114
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
I don't know how it works in the new draft chart, but moving from 18 to a top ten pick would usually take a 2nd a 1st this year and next year, maybe a 3rd this year.

no, not even close

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #115
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
no, not even close
Not to hijack this thread, but who in the NFL would even warrant that type of consideration? At least for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round pick in one draft. First name comes to mind is Peyton or LT, but in reality, I just don't see it happening.

Last edited by alphajoker; 04-22-2008 at 11:25 AM.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #116
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but who in the NFL would even warrant that type of consideration? At least for a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd round pick in one draft. First name comes to mind is Peyton or LT, but in reality, I just don't see it happening.
A: Hershel Walker..
Old 04-22-2008   #117
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage is worth at least a 2nd, but not all that! LOL

Well, Saturday is getting closer. I guess we'll find out soon enough if the Texans pull the trigger on a trade.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #118
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Nobody is worth a first, second, and third. I cant think of any player worth more than a first quite frankly. LT is getting up there in age and so is Peyton so I would not trade a first rounder for either of them. If I was gonna trade a first, Id like to get a young solid player who would be dominant years from now. Marcus McNeil, the SD LT comes to mind as an example.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008   #119
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
A: Hershel Walker..
Ricky is upset you did not mention him.

Signed

Ricky Williams.
Old 04-22-2008   #120
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Ricky is upset you did not mention him.

Signed

Ricky Williams.
He said one draft, not one drag, Ricky!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read