Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-19-2008   #61
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Sage to Baltimore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Well

The Texans are never gonna win a championship with Sage as our QB... Period
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #62
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson
Baltimore Ravens Defense
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense

Houston Texans Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #63
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens Defense
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defense

Houston Texans Defense
That was kind of my point. If the Texans defense continues to improve, the team could make a real playoff run with a QB like Sage. He isnt a HOF QB thats true, but he has a good understanding of the offense and is probably the best backup QB the Texans could ask for. Rex Grossman got to the superbowl. Sage >>> Rex
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #64
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love it when people say "period" as if it gives their opinion more weight or something. Imagine Matt goes down again next season (God forbid). Imagine Sage leads this team on playoff run. Your period turns into a comma.
Imagine Matt doesn't go down? My period still means Sage has had his chances.

We need picks and if we can trade a second stringer for some/a 2nd then do it.

And period means an opinion has more weight? Well alrighty then. I'll start using it everytime I'm right.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel so much better now.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #65
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade the Bum while he is worth something we have a guy with winning experience in Quinn Gray let's pick the extra pick so that we can draft a running back in round #2 and now we can address the Secondary or Pass Rusher in round #1.
Old 04-19-2008   #66
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was kind of my point. If the Texans defense continues to improve, the team could make a real playoff run with a QB like Sage. He isnt a HOF QB thats true, but he has a good understanding of the offense and is probably the best backup QB the Texans could ask for. Rex Grossman got to the superbowl. Sage >>> Rex
The main reason I think we should trade Sage is so we can continue to build our defense.

1 olinemen
The rest of the draft Defense.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 04-20-2008   #67
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Trade the Bum while he is worth something we have a guy with winning experience in Quinn Gray let's pick the extra pick so that we can draft a running back in round #2 and now we can address the Secondary or Pass Rusher in round #1.
I'd rather trade Gray. Since he's the "guy with winning experience" he should be worth even more, right?
oh wait, nobody wanted him as a free agent.
gee... wonder why?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-20-2008   #68
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad itís only six more days to the draft so weíll have something real to talk about. I canít wait for the inevitable explosions here (including mine, I confess).

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #69
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Vikes will have all of their '08 draft picks intact if this happens (and they will have Allen - but maybe not until next week):

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...n-after-draft/
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #70
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'd rather trade Gray. Since he's the "guy with winning experience" he should be worth even more, right?
oh wait, nobody wanted him as a free agent.
gee... wonder why?
He had been to GB and Oakland and was scheduled to visit Buffalo after he left here, but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion.

Last edited by nero THE zero; 04-20-2008 at 11:41 AM.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #71
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Move up with what? A phantom 2nd round pick from a deal that will never take place? The Texans only have 5 draft picks. Unless they dig into the '09 bag of picks, they don't have the ammo to move up anyway.

Kubiak, Smith, and even McNair have spoken out this offseason in regards to finding a LT to protect Schaub. If one is available that the Texans have a high grade on, I'm certain they will make him their selection. Otherwise, they have to work with what they have and hope Alex Gibbs can preform magic.
We have nasty habit of losing our next years twoes don't we ? Not advocting here ....but...

Will say if the scenario plays out like McClain is suggeting this morning ....they will be in the same kind of Barrel as they were in '05 when they plucked that preenial all pro DT Travis Johnson off the board. So under that circumstance....not out of the realm of possiblities. as I posted I'll believe a trade up when I see it. If anything they'll move down if they can.

I know a lot of you think I'm crazy with the OLT posts....But I think, truely belive, that if MS is going to advance in his developement the last thing he needs is to repaly HWSNBN. We payed alot for MS beyound the salary. The second two is stinging us this draft. Lot of franchise capitol will go up in smoke if MS get killed next year. I protect that back first thing above and beyond everything else...just me re-doing another face of the franchise in two seasons holds no appeal to me. I'm funny that way.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-20-2008 at 11:00 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #72
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

very well put 3toe. echoes my thoughts exactly.

as many can recall, before MS took the two brutal shots, he was on a pace to be in the top 3-4 passers. Building a strong OL is necessary for this offense to develop.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #73
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post

Will say if the scenario plays out like McClain is suggeting this morning ....they will be in the same kind of Barrel as they were in '05 when they plucked that preenial all pro DT Travis Johnson off the board. So under that circumstance....not out of the realm of possiblities. as I posted I'll believe a trade up when I see it. If anything they'll move down if they can.
In 2005 we had the chance to select LT Jammal Brown. He is now a solid Probowl caliber Tackle. We did not have to move anywhere, we could have taken in in our spot. We even could have taken Alex Barron after the trade was made but we didn't. Barron would have been a solid addition to our Oline. We had 1 very good choice and one very solid choice staring us in the face and we didn't pull the trigger. I don't think this year will be like that. If we have a solid OT on the board in round 1 we will take him.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #74
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
In 2005 we had the chance to select LT Jammal Brown. He is now a solid Probowl caliber Tackle. We did not have to move anywhere, we could have taken in in our spot. We even could have taken Alex Barron after the trade was made but we didn't. Barron would have been a solid addition to our Oline. We had 1 very good choice and one very solid choice staring us in the face and we didn't pull the trigger. I don't think this year will be like that. If we have a solid OT on the board in round 1 we will take him.
And right now that's looking like a big IF. I just hope the one they (Kubes/Smith/Gibbs) want falls to them. If Williams or Albert is there, I think they take either of them. I'm not sure about any of the others in the 1st round. Most of them have too many "warts," as ttp likes to say. If both of them are gone, then it becomes a question of how much they value who's left at any position, or do we trade down. This is where I think a trade of Sage may come into play.

So, with the #18 pick, if:

1) there is a LT we want (Williams, Albert, etc..) we take him. If not then..
2) take a player we value at another position if available. If not then..
3) take a trade down offer if available. If not then..
4) take a trade (Sage) for a draft pick or picks. If not then..
5)

Well, we'll see in just 6 more days!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #75
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Move up with what?
Kubiak and Smith could possibly move up with Sage instead of offering draft picks. Chicago needs a qb and so does Baltimore. We could possibly trade Sage to Chicago for their 3rd and a swap of 1st round positions which would put us at #14. OR Maybe we could send Sage to Baltimore for a swap of our 1st round pick for theirs and nothing else. You don't get an additional pick but you are sure to land a pretty good prospect at LT, DE, CB, LB or RB. Not sure either team would do a deal like that but it is not so far out that it couldn't happen. If Matt Ryan is gone by #8 then Baltimore just might want to move back.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #76
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Kubiak and Smith could possibly move up with Sage instead of offering draft picks. Chicago needs a qb and so does Baltimore. We could possibly trade Sage to Chicago for their 3rd and a swap of 1st round positions which would put us at #14. OR Maybe we could send Sage to Baltimore for a swap of our 1st round pick for theirs and nothing else. You don't get an additional pick but you are sure to land a pretty good prospect at LT, DE, CB, LB or RB. Not sure either team would do a deal like that but it is not so far out that it couldn't happen. If Matt Ryan is gone by #8 then Baltimore just might want to move back.
The only reason for trading up is if theres a LT that they feel they just have to have. Anything other than that and they should just stay their and take what ever DE,LB,DB that falls.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2008   #77
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only reason for trading up is if theres a LT that they feel they just have to have. Anything other than that and they should just stay their and take what ever DE,LB,DB that falls.
I agree. I wish the draft would hurry up already.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #78
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He had been to GB and Oakland and was scheduled to visit Buffalo after he left here, but don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion.
And this was his best (only?) offer - barely over league minimum for his experience/position.

My point still stands: If I traded of anyone for picks it would be Gray; not Rosenfels.

As for what I actually think will happen...?
We'll stand pat and take the OT or DB who falls to us. Unless by some miracle Mendenhall or Stewart is still available. Then we go RB.

That's my SWAG (Scientific Wild-A$$ Guess for you non-geeks)

Last edited by ObsiWan; 04-20-2008 at 03:23 PM.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #79
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage to B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sage needs to remain a TEXAN!!
Not if we can get back in the second round he doesn't.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #80
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And this was his best (only?) offer - barely over league minimum for his experience/position.
Well, if I understand the situation correctly, his offer couldn't be any worse as he got the minimum. Which is what makes the situation so curious and makes you wonder if there wasn't an under-the-table-agreement regarding his and Sage's futures with the team. Unless there is something about Houston that he likes enough to take a lesser role and possibly smaller contract, which would be odd to say the least.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read