Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2004   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DD and a foot in my mouth

As far as stats go, I stand corrected about DD. I have been an Eddie George fan since he came into the league and was curious on how his career starting out compared to DD's. I admit I have been a little harsh, they are fairly even so my foot is in my mouth.. (and I am not saying DD is the next Eddie George, just that DD will be DD and I am just going by stats).
DD's stats
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395946
Eddies stats
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1174

now I don't know what the speed of these guys are compared to each other. AS far as the LONG RUNS. Now was Eddie just faster? or able to read the blocks better to get into the open field? WR's had better blocking DOWNFIELD?

btw I haven't forgotten that Eddie had Bruce Mathews and company in front of him and our guys aren't even close to that line .
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
btw I haven't forgotten that Eddie had Bruce Mathews and company in front of him and our guys aren't even close to that line .
Yeah B. Matthews along with Big John Runyan and Brad Hopkins. Also, I think you have to account for Steve McNair possibly having a defender designated on him, keeping the defender off Eddie.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Domanick Davis isn't even half as good as Eddie George was when he had to carry the team on his shoulders. Eddie George was a workhorse. DD wouldn't last 8 games taking the amount of punishment Eddie George did.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

oh I agree with that.. I was just suprised at the yards per carry and yards per reception between the 2 were so close. I didn't get to see much of Eddie on TV and my initial thoughts was that he averaged 4 -4.5 yards a carry early in his carrier because everyone was saying how he is washed up (media) with his 3.3 yards a carry etc etc on the last couple of years (OK after the Ray Lewis hit on him). and heck I was suprised how close the YPC and YPR are.

But yes.. DD couldn't handle what EG went through.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #5
DreamCatcher
Rookie

DD is showing his promise and looks a good talent for the Texans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read