Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-18-2008   #1
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default CDS 3 Round mock

This is an interesting mock draft. The thing I like about these guys is that they try to stay plugged in with what team needs are. They arent always the best but they work pretty hard.

With that said how would you feel if the Draft ended up going down like this?

1st-Jonathan Stewart- RB Oregon

3rd-Simeon Castille- CB Alabama

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html

If it did go down this way I think I would rather see

1st Mike Jenkins CB

3rd Matt Forte RB

Last edited by bigbrewster2000; 04-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CDS 3 Round mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
This is an interesting mock draft. The thing I like about these guys is that they try to stay plugged in with what team needs are. They arent always the best but they work pretty hard.

With that said how would you feel if the Draft ended up going down like this?

http://condraft.com/mocks/round-1.html

1st Mike Jenkins CB

3rd Matt Forte RB
I would prefer:

Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #3
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I would prefer:

Well I am a little suprised by that but the only reason is that I am not all that farmiliar with Castille, so I just dont know what to think of the pick.
Old 04-18-2008   #4
camron1269
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 camron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVP

id rather us take trae williams or terrell thomas maybe
it says castille is projected to be a safety.
id still be happy with either scenario tho
camron1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I would prefer:

I go with Stewart over Jenkins and Forte over Castille because I too know nothing of this CB. I would take J.S. in first and a LT in 3rd. There are CB in 4th that I know more about. If it ended up being Jenkins in 1st and Forte as BB 2000 said, I could enjoy that. Not too thrilled with LT options after 3rd round.
Old 04-19-2008   #6
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

How many franchise QBs in how many years ? Gibbs better be a water walker.
Old 04-19-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
How many franchise QBs in how many years ? Gibbs better be a water walker.
What does that even mean?
Sponsored links
Old 04-19-2008   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

We need CBs who are fast and quick, so that they can hold their own going 1 on 1 during the game; Castille is not one of these CBs. Jenkins and Forte simply because Castille will more likely end up as a FS in a tampa 2. His 40 time did a lot to solidify that, there are plenty of other CBs worthy of getting picked over him.
Old 04-19-2008   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

1st Mike Jenkins CB

3rd Matt Forte RB

Is the better value of the 2 choices IMO.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see them getting past the 79th pick without picking an OLT. My guess is that RB would fall to the 4th Rd. or later in this scenario. I would go with Jenkins at the #18 pick, and then go with the highest rated Tackle in the third - could be Tony Hills - and let Salaam hold down the position while Gibbs does his voodoo on the rookie.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
What does that even mean?
Means you better at least bang a prospect for MS's blind side you ninny. Efferin goes down....we won't be able to carry all the QB's they are going to need.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 04-20-2008 at 09:47 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Means you better at least bang a prospect for MS's blind side you ninny. Efferin goes down....we won't be able to carry all the QB's they are going to need.

I don't know about you b0ng, but I still can't translate this.
Old 04-21-2008   #13
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I don't know about you b0ng, but I still can't translate this.
lol. No, I get it. Draft a LT early or we will be drafting a new Franchise QB because the one we have now will be broken.

TTP I agree but in this scenario there are not any LT's to take. Which would totally suck. I was not taking into consideration trade possibilities(up or down) My actual hope is that we get one of the top 5 LTs in the 1st. I am just not sure it will happen. If it doesnt then, we need to figure out a way to get into the 2nd or an additional 3rd.
Old 04-21-2008   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

never going to eliminate QB sacks thats within the rules of engagement, but you can establish a potent running game to balance the passing attack.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post

1st Mike Jenkins CB

3rd Matt Forte RB

I would prefer this by far.

I think Matt Forte can be a 1000 yard back. I also think Mike Jenkins can be a shut down corner.

While I like Stewart, Castille was not impressive AT ALL to me this year.

Castille couldn't even cover the Florida State receivers, and trust me, they aren't very good.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would prefer this by far.

I think Matt Forte can be a 1000 yard back. .
Ooh yall said Matt Forte.

I too have Forte high on my wish list. I would hope he could fall to us somehow.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read