Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-14-2004   #61
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Updated every week. Shows the current draft order, if the season ended today.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/update

* Texans are #14 right now.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #62
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defensive Breakdown.

Set Players:
L-DE Gary Walker - Huge player.
L-CB Aaron Glenn - Has a couple of years left. We might draft a replacement.
R-CB Dunta Robinson - wow.
L-OLB Jason Babin - Has some work to do.
R-ILB Jaime Sharper - Pro Bowler
FS Marcus Coleman - He is, and will be the starting FS.
SS Glen Earl - I like his play so far. I think Thomas Davis will not be needed.

Not Set:
R-DE
NT
R-ILB
R-OLB

For the positions not set, should be either drafted, or FA market.

NT - Seth Payne. Good player that needs to be upgraded and rotated. Rodrique Wright would be an excellent choice.

R-DE - Robaire Smith. Maybe move Robaire inside and rotate with Payne. This forces us to get Marcus Spears from LSU.

R-ILB - Jay Foreman. Upgrade needed here. 2 options here. Option 1, is to simply drop down in the draft and draft a ILB, like Channing Crowder, or Odell Thurman, while picking up an extra 2nd or so. Or move up in the draft and select Derrick Johnson, and put him at R-OLB, and move Kailee back to R-ILB.

R-OLB - Kailee Wong. If the Texans go anything other than DJ, or Ahmad Brooks, then Kailee will stay here.

** Top choices. Sticking with Defense.

1. Derrick Johnson.
2. Antrel Rolle.
3. Marcus Spears.
4. Rodrique Wright.
5. Ahmad Brooks.
6. Thomas Davis.
7. Channing Crowder.
8. Mathias Kiwanuka.
9. Erasmus James.
10. Travis Johnson.
Old 12-14-2004   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharper is no Pro Bowler. His play the last half of this season has been average at best.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004   #64
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Sharper is no Pro Bowler. His play the last half of this season has been average at best.
ok. Out of my whole post, you decided to comment on my opinion of Sharper being in the pro bowl...
Old 12-14-2004   #65
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I just keep seeing him mentioned as a Pro Bowler around here. I'm just adding a voice that doesn't agree with it. Nothing personal.

I don't have much of an opinion on this draft though...so I don't really have a comment on who we will go after and who we will be replacing at this time.

Old 12-14-2004   #66
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Totally agree. How many tackles can he miss? The juke that McNair put on Sharper is forever burned into my memory. We have one sure tackler on defense and it's a rookie(Drob). It's time we get another one.
Old 12-14-2004   #67
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last year his play merited consideration for the pro bowl--this year he has not been bringing his A game.
Old 12-14-2004   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I've been very dissapointed with Sharper this year. I don't view him as a leader anymore. He is looking for someone to lead him.

Old 12-15-2004   #69
TexansCanes
All Pro

what do you guys think of mike boley. i have watched him for a couple of years and thought that this guy was one of the best lbs in the nation. i know he is on the small side, but i think he could be a difference maker. remember people thought vilma was too small to mlb and he is battling dunta for rookie of the year, mike is the same weight and si three inches taller. if he is too small maybe we can move him to safty and make him a clone of sean taylor, looked very similar when he was running to the end zone. i don't know his speed so he may not be fast enough. i'm not sure where he is going to get drafted, probably in the 2nd, and i think that maybe we could try and trade up for him if he is their late in the 2nd, he actually might slip to the 3rd pendening on who comes out. all i know is that he is a defensive playmaker and we have few to speak of.
Old 12-15-2004   #70
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
what do you guys think of mike boley. i have watched him for a couple of years and thought that this guy was one of the best lbs in the nation. i know he is on the small side, but i think he could be a difference maker. remember people thought vilma was too small to mlb and he is battling dunta for rookie of the year, mike is the same weight and si three inches taller. if he is too small maybe we can move him to safty and make him a clone of sean taylor, looked very similar when he was running to the end zone. i don't know his speed so he may not be fast enough. i'm not sure where he is going to get drafted, probably in the 2nd, and i think that maybe we could try and trade up for him if he is their late in the 2nd, he actually might slip to the 3rd pendening on who comes out. all i know is that he is a defensive playmaker and we have few to speak of.

he's not really well known, would be stretch for him to play linebacker in the NFL because of his size. reminds me a lot of Michael Boulware came out of Florida State as a OLB and as early as combines was tested with the DB's. wound up being drafted by the Seahawks in the second round & immediatly moved to free safety. I've heard good things that he has made the switch a lot better than most who changed positions in the NFL and now is a starter.

the Texans already have some good young talent here so I don't think they'll feel a need for another FS/special teams guy. we need large bodies on both sides of the line. as far as sleeper LB here is one which I've been watching since Dunta Robinson was from South Carolina his former teammate looks really raw but has great instincts, sort of a poor mans Derrick Johnson his name is Marcus Lawrence a 6-3, 236 pound linebacker. his 40 time is listed at 4.8 he is a strong run stopper and an aggressive player who enjoys making big plays and making the big hit. he is also able to effectively drop back into coverage something seriously lacking on the Texans this year.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #71
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
reminds me a lot of Michael Boulware came out of Florida State as a OLB and as early as combines was tested with the DB's. wound up being drafted by the Seahawks in the second round & immediatly moved to free safety. I've heard good things that he has made the switch a lot better than most who changed positions in the NFL and now is a starter.
Boulware took over starting duties last weekend, but has played in every game this year--so far: 41 tackels, 1 sack, 5 INT's, 1 TD and 1 pass defensed. Great move by the Seahawks.
Old 12-15-2004   #72
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetero doxy
yes, but i play in a fantasy league with IDP, and in these leagues sharper is now famous for something- the highest scoring play (of any kind, actually) in fantasy football history.

sack, forced fumble, recovered fumble, touchdown
Sounds like they messed up when they created Sharper. Remember someone coded each player. The only defensive player I can think of that should be able to get a TD almost every time he gets a turnover is Ed Reed of Baltimore.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #73
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I know the difference; I just misread it. I am in two FF leagues myself. I made it into the playoffs in one. Injuries killed my other team.

That Ravens defense has been superb for me.
Old 12-15-2004   #74
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed did the same thing against the Redskins this season during a Sunday Night game. Sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, touchdown.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004   #75
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Ed Reed did the same thing against the Redskins this season during a Sunday Night game. Sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, touchdown.
I know. I drafted the Raven's defense in the 5th round of our draft. Everyone thought I was nuts but it is one of the chief reasons I am in the playoffs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read