Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-15-2008   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Predictions Thread: 2008 Season

There are so many predictions in the Schedule thread, so lets just put this one up. My predictions:

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. L - In Pittsburgh, and is their home opener. Don't like our chances.

2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. W - A Ravens team with a new coach, shaky QB, and the only team to give Miami a win last season.

3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W - The hell with Vince Young.

4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. W - We own them. No reason to lose to them this game, as long as we are healthy.

5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. W - This is finally a win. AJ and company stay healthy.

6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W - The Dolphins? We better not lose this one is what I say.

7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W - Detroit still searching for an identity. These guys are pretenders and our D can contain Kitna and their RB's.

8 Oct. 26 Bye W - I'm sure we can win this one.

9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. W - Peterson is a beast, but here is to hoping Amobi eats him for lunch this game. Their don't have a strong receiver core, and D-Rob will probably be back for this game (especially after a bye). I call a win on this one.

10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W - Not the same Cincy from even two years ago. They have been on the decline, and I don't see that changing this season.

11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L - Peyton will want revenge.

12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. L - I hate Cleveland.

13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W - Our boys always get hyped up for primetime, and once again we own the Jags. This is a win.

14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. L - The cold is too much.

15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W - Hey Vince, you aren't coming to Houston to win either.

16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. W - DA RAIDAAAS!

17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. L - Season closer and we rev up for the playoffs. Bears win this one as we just mostly play our backups and rest our starters.

Record: 11-5

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 04-16-2008 at 03:29 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #2
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Predictions Thread: 2008 Season

Well, I always said I'd predict 8-8 every year until they did it.

Now my prediction goes to Wild Card playoff berth......every year until they do it. Hopefully that doesn't take as long as my 8-8 prediction did.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

9-7 is a likely possibility. I just hope that we can beat those god forsaken Titans.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Record: 11-5
You actually predicted 12-4. That would be nice. Especially with a 10 game winning streak during the season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #5
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
You actually predicted 12-4. That would be nice. Especially with a 10 game winning streak during the season.
It was technically a 12-5 including our bye week.

So. 11-5.

nice.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Nope, 11-5. And I have a 8 game winning streak during the season, not 10.
Old 04-15-2008   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Geez, we can't even wait to do this until after the draft?

Fine - 9-7 is my pre-draft prediction. Our schedule is just SO brutal.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Nope. Predictions were running wild in the schedule thread, so I thought making a thread would be a good idea.
Old 04-15-2008   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Fair enough... It's not like the draft is going to make us several games better anyway. I hope I'm wrong... I really want that Wild Card.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #10
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Geez, we can't even wait to do this until after the draft?

Fine - 9-7 is my pre-draft prediction. Our schedule is just SO brutal.
yep thats what im predicting as well, and i agree that our schedule is tough
Old 04-15-2008   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

my prediction: Lot's of Fun!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

all ready said if we win are divison games we will make the playoffs simple has that we can get 10 wins for sure

but what no one talks about what if the worst case scerino happens and right out the gate we go

0-4

Pitts
Ravens
Titans
jags

its possible we coulkd lose all thoes games

i said it once and ill say it agian every team in the NFL is a tough team lets just go week bye week

ANd iam sure we can compete with Pitts so its possible we can win are first 2 agian
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

With the exception of the titans, our division has not got any weaker IMO.

Pre draft prediction of 9-7, and an exciting season to the end.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #14
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I'll do my full schedule analysis when schools out, but at a quick glance I say 10-6.
Old 04-16-2008   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Predictions Thread: 2008 Season

Stealing GB's text (I got 8-8 last year, but was wrong on HOW we got there...)

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. L - Road, first game, young team

2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. W - Of course I'll be wrong on all of these, but how can we not win at home against a new coach and bad team?

3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. L - Lost faith in this series.

4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. W - Despite their team getting better every year, so are we.

5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. W - I alway pick more South games than we win. We HAVE to grab one of these this year.

6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W - The Dolphins? We better not lose this one is what I say. ---agree with GB

7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W - HA! Miami Part II, unless they come out of the gate like last year.

8 Oct. 26 Bye

9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. L - Away, CT and AP. Nuff said.

10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W - Losing players, locker room problems, just shut down their passing game, I think we can. We'll see if Rudi and Kenny and Kenny are healthy.

11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L - We're not winning both

12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. L - Whereas I would have said "win" before, if Anderson can keep his magic going....

13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W - Our boys always get hyped up for primetime, and once again we own the Jags. This is a win. ---agree with GB

14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. W - Young QB v. Texans + cold - his inexperience is wrose than ours

15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. L - I just don't believe.....

16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. W - DA RAIDAAAS! --- agree with GB

17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. W - Bear? Ha. Get a QB, some WR's and fix your aging/injured/uninspired "legendary" D.

Record: 10-6 - good improvement, may not be playoff good.

Week spot - picking 2 wins against Jax
Guaranteed wins: Miami, Oakland
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #16
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6 (3-3 in the division)
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Section: 636
Rep Power: 1155 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm just hoping that we can split the division. 3-3. the rest will play itself out.
Old 04-16-2008   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

This team's mantra heading into the season should be, win the AFC South. That is the goal, everything after that is gravy.
Old 04-16-2008   #19
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

10-6.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

1 Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh Steelers 1 p.m. W i like our chances... their o-line is ppretty poor, parker is coming off a broken leg and their D is decent

2 Sept. 14 Baltimore Ravens 4:15 p.m. W New coach, shaky offence... schaubo throws us to victory

3 Sept. 21 at Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W this is the year we finally sink the titans

4 Sept. 28 at Jacksonville Jaguars 1 p.m. L too good... after 3 tough weeks we take our first loss

5 Oct. 5 Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L as long as peyton is there, its should be an L

6 Oct. 12 Miami Dolphins 1 p.m. W better performance than last year

7 Oct. 19 Detroit Lions 4:05 p.m. W This is a soft team that have lost quite a bit so far... a comprehensive win going into the bye

8 Oct. 26 Bye

9 Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings 1 p.m. W if they upgrade on tavaris, id probably change this.... they have a better team, we have a better qb

10 Nov. 9 Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m. W another soft team

11 Nov. 16 at Indianapolis Colts 1 p.m. L sorry

12 Nov. 23 at Cleveland Browns 1 p.m. W revenge...count me as somebody who's pretty down on DA... he was terrible the last few games (teams figured him out?)

13 Dec. 1 Jacksonville Jaguars (Mon.) 8:30 p.m. W -Primetime, reliant will be rocking... we'll win a close one

14 Dec. 7 at Green Bay Packers 1 p.m. W - GB minus favre doesnt really scare me too much

15 Dec. 14 Tennessee Titans 1 p.m. W - sweep the tacks this yr

16 Dec. 21 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. W a tentative victory although this could be like last yrs falcs game

17 Dec. 28 Chicago Bears 1 p.m. W bears have a great D but they have nobody at qb,rb,wr and their o-line is terrible

Record: a totally unrealistic 13-3... sorry

more realistically we'll lose 1 to the tacks, browns and maybe vikes
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read