Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-15-2008   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default GBN 3 RD. Mock Draft

http://www.gbnreport.com/3-roundprojection.html

I've been predicting New England trades down with either Cincinnati or New Orleans to lock up Ellis. love that trade & makes sense for both teams.

Not so sure why Atlanta wouldn't just sit tight a few more picks if Brhom is their target, unless they've heard something out of Green Bay. Dallas comes out a winner on this one.

Texans, not so good news. Chris Williams is taken by the Vikings with the 17th pick leaving Houston Mike Jenkins. I know we've all run the numbers & its the home stretch but it is looking inevitable the Texans are on the outside looking in with the cut-off for the premier 1st rd. talent off the board @ pick 17. its Jenkins & Rivers as your consolation prize

In the 3rd rd. Steve Slayton, RB West Virginia. not one of my favorites either. this mock scares the hell out of me

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: GBN 3 RD. Mock Draft

i dont see why the vikes wouldnt take merling so it shouldn't matter...

id take rivers and molden if i was cherry picking
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

What if Texans pick Felix Jones to push Dallas into a trade? IMO, Charles would fit Dallas' need but he is going in second round. I am not sure Atlanta will trade up for Cowboy's and that would place Dallas in more need to trade with us?
Old 04-15-2008   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i dont see why the vikes wouldnt take merling so it shouldn't matter...
He's had hernia surgery and hasn't been able to workout, yet. The Vikings have one DE (Erasmus James) recovering from knee surgery & another (Kenechi Udeze) undergoing cancer treatment. I'm not convinced the Vikes want to take a DE in the 1st that is already rehabbing an injury.

Minnesota's patience with Bryant McKinnie has to be wearing thin. If Chris Williams makes it to the Vikings pick at #17, he will be very tempting.
Old 04-15-2008   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

This would be one of those mocks that I pray does not happen.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
This would be one of those mocks that I pray does not happen.
this Mock is very realistic, be prepared. now, I beleive there will be more trades than expected because teams will be willing to part with draft slots closer to real value, I propose in this scenero, the Texans swap 1st rd. picks with Minnesota while getting that 3rd rd. pick for Sage Rosenfels.

we lose a valued member of the team, but if he helps the Texans get that franchise tackle who fits Gibbs system I'd do it in a NY minute

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
this Mock is very realistic, be prepared. now, I beleive there will be more trades than expected because teams will be willing to part with draft slots closer to real value, I propose in this scenero, the Texans swap 1st rd. picks with Minnesota while getting that 3rd rd. pick for Sage Rosenfels.

we lose a valued member of the team, but if he helps the Texans get that franchise tackle who fits Gibbs system I'd do it in a NY minute
I think that trade could be possible, I'd want their earlier 3rd rd pick (from denver). As much as I like Sage, I think Quinn Gray is a more than capable backup. Not as good as Sage but I think he's a solid backup. Then we get LT Chris Williams in the 1st. And then in the 3rd I'd go with RB Keving Smith and CB Antwan Molden.

As it stands now, I'd take Keith Rivers.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ok-ish with the Jenkins pick, I'd prefer Rivers or a trade down if this is how the draft plays out. It's the Slaton pick that bothers the heckout of me.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 183943 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Williams unavailable (perhaps to Vikings as suggested above) any chance Bryant McKennie can be straightened out by Gibbs? His court date was April 11th. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgnsand he has asked for a jury trial in June.
There is a concern NFL will suspend him but if there is no premium LT at 18 and no trade down would McNair swallow & allow a trade for this mammoth tackle in his prime? Sort of like the Astros did with Tejada? I do realize the difference in the charges. Would 6'8" 335lbs look good next to Pitts?

A Viking fan's thoughts: http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2008/3/21/102316/249

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read