Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-13-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just a reminder......

Quote:
This year's draft will start at 3 p.m. on Saturday and will conclude with the final selection of Round 2. The third round will begin on Sunday at 10 a.m.
nfl.com

I assume that's 3PM eastern time so it starts at 2PM Houston time.

Less than 2 weeks away!!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Just a reminder......

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
nfl.com

I assume that's 3PM eastern time so it starts at 2PM Houston time.

Less than 2 weeks away!!
Thank god. I hate waking up early for the draft. rofl.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-13-2008   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a plan to me. Now if it would finally get here, that'd be great. This offseason has been too long!
Old 04-13-2008   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Thank god. I hate waking up early for the draft. rofl.

Thanks for the info.

Awesome, that is a 5am start NZ time, far better than last year!
Old 04-13-2008   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Hopefully that means that by the time the Texans are up, it'll be reasonable enough lol. Man, I don't think I could ever get up for 5 AM for any sporting event unless it was either the Super Bowl, World Series, or NBA Finals

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #6
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Hopefully that means that by the time the Texans are up, it'll be reasonable enough lol. Man, I don't think I could ever get up for 5 AM for any sporting event unless it was either the Texans,Super Bowl, World Series, or NBA Finals
Fixed.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Hopefully that means that by the time the Texans are up, it'll be reasonable enough lol. Man, I don't think I could ever get up for 5 AM for any sporting event unless it was either the Super Bowl, World Series, or NBA Finals
You haven't played any competetive softball?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2008   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now what am I supposed to do with the rest of the day before 2pm? I have blocked that day for so many years, I would probably irritate friends, family and neighbors if I now tried to spend time with them that morning. Grr!
Old 04-15-2008   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Mow the yard ?
Old 04-15-2008   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

not a fan of the new draft schedule at all. oh well.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i have to work that saturday.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008   #12
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't understand what they're thinking. Cutting down the time for picks is fine, but why would they also cut one round from the first day? Supposedly this is done to help the broadcasts - how does that make people more likely to watch/care? Cutting the time for picks should have shortened up the time on its own.
If anything, this makes me less likely to watch the draft, not more... After the Texans pick, I'll mainly be watching from curiosity, and just in case there's a trade.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I really don't understand what they're thinking. Cutting down the time for picks is fine, but why would they also cut one round from the first day? Supposedly this is done to help the broadcasts - how does that make people more likely to watch/care? Cutting the time for picks should have shortened up the time on its own.
If anything, this makes me less likely to watch the draft, not more... After the Texans pick, I'll mainly be watching from curiosity, and just in case there's a trade.
Me too. Besides, are they not giving up advertizing money? I've decided to slide my tanning chair onto the balcony and watch the boats go by on Clear Lake. A huge lunch that leads to belching and farting in abundance will also come into play.
Old 04-16-2008   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Me too. Besides, are they not giving up advertizing money? I've decided to slide my tanning chair onto the balcony and watch the boats go by on Clear Lake. A huge lunch that leads to belching and farting in abundance will also come into play.
Reading this makes me sad. I moved from a waterfront condo in Seabrook to Lake Livingston. Boy do I miss sitting out on my patio feeding seagulls and watching the boats go by. Sure dont miss the traffic though.

Anyway, dont get moving the third round either. Why not just make every pick 5 minutes and do the first 4 rounds Sat?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
While I dont have the pretty view, I am having a draft party and will be making Chili this year so you wont be the only one.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
While I dont have the pretty view, I am having a draft party and will be making Chili this year so you wont be the only one.
Yeah, Brittany and Madonna cancelled coming over due to the change. Maybe if I had your chili? Nah, girls don't fart so why have them over?
Old 04-16-2008   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Reading this makes me sad. I moved from a waterfront condo in Seabrook to Lake Livingston. Boy do I miss sitting out on my patio feeding seagulls and watching the boats go by. Sure dont miss the traffic though.

Anyway, dont get moving the third round either. Why not just make every pick 5 minutes and do the first 4 rounds Sat?
If you lived on the water in last 8 years you probably saw me fly buy in either Quiet Thunder or 1 BADBOY. Sorry you left heaven for Lake L. Does it have any water remaining?
Old 04-16-2008   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Casserly's on Texans Cam on NFLN.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #19
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
It's 7am here, so even better.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCee View Post
It's 7am here, so even better.
I've never quite figured out the difference between our time and there time especially with daylight saving and eastern, central, pacific time zones... 7am is sweet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read