Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-12-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Professor Casserly’s Lessons Outline a Course for Living

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/sp...tner=TOPIXNEWS

Quote:
FAIRFAX, Va. — On a typical Monday evening, Charley Casserly spends three hours at George Mason University in Enterprise Hall, Room 176.

The students call him Professor Casserly.He spent more than 30 years in football, coaching and scouting and eventually running two N.F.L. teams, the Redskins and the Texans. But Casserly started as a teacher, and only now, after returning from the film room to the classroom, did he realize that part of him never really left. He still liked grading papers as much as he liked grading players.

“I’ve always thought of myself as a teacher,” Casserly, 59, said.

He stands at the front of the room, arms crossed, slacks pressed, shirt crisp. He runs a class discussion, breezes through a PowerPoint presentation.

The course is SM 475, a sport management professional-development seminar for undergraduates, taught by Casserly and Bob Baker, head of the department.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Professor Casserly’s Lessons Outline a Course for Living

Professor Chaoserly, while with the Texans anyway.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL. Thanks for the story.

You know...sometimes a pitcher leaves a breaking ball hanging out over the plate and WHAMMY!

I look forward to seeing how many funny posts we can reel off on this one.

I'll go first:

---------------

One of Casserly's students, a freshman, asked this question of his professor, "Professor Casserly, what are your thoughts on signing players who are too old or are expected to play out of position...and then what are the cap ramifications for an NFL team, particularly regarding 'dead money' and it's progressive effects on a team?"

The Professor paused, adjusted his precision-crafted LensCrafter glasses, and cleared his throat. "Well," said Professor Casserly, "That just about does it for today's lecture. Make sure you have that term paper ready for next week."
Old 04-13-2008   #4
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's play the caption game with this.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Casserly
Well,I have been told it was inaccurate by a source good enough for me to stand up here and quote it, ya see. Otherwise I wouldn't get up here and just say it.

Old 04-13-2008   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When they worked in Houston, Kisiel said, several Texans employees on the business side had never worked in football. Casserly broke the game down for them.
He also broke the team down.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post

He is thinking "I'd hit the blond. I bet she digs me. She knows how well I ran the Texans. I'm a god here".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ladies, sleep your way to the top. It's what I did. You have to do what works. When you bend over, allow the brass to insert whatever they'd like to, in my case, it was a spatula as I'm demonstrating to you now.
Old 04-13-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pointer #1: Ride any accent you may have as an excuse to speak fast and sound confusing, see, as I have done here.

Pointer #2: Act chummy, you know be one of the guys without being one of the guys.

Pointer #3: Give back to the community by overpaying mediocre talent at the tail end of their career. This is especially suscessful if they are injury prone.

Pointer #4: Take any job offered to you that is remotely football related and run it into the ground, and believe me they will probably offer you something like being an anlayst, just take the job, agree with everyone, and then use your accent and act chummy. You would be suprised how well it comes off, you will go on to land a teaching job as a result.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 04-13-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #9
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

...in the sports profession, can depend on how you evaluate. Young lady here up front, are you of latino heritage?
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In a side note prof. CC was fired today for unsuccessfully trying to pick up new talent.

The blonde when questioned said CC was creepy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still pissed at NFLN for having this joker on their show. His voice is like scratching a chalkboard to me. I cringe everytime I hear the asshat.
Old 04-14-2008   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh God. Worst part of all this...I work in Fairfax, VA. Wouldn't it be my luck to see him in traffic one day? Think it would be appropriate give him the middle finger and yell "Houston sends their best"?
To which he would say "Yes, I drafted Carr #1".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #13
Polo

Quote:

Ladies, stop being ridiculous...

Now if you want...I can show you the real reason they call me Asserly
Old 04-14-2008   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Casserly is explaining to the ladies that if "john" can grow his hair out he can have all the looks of YKW
Old 04-14-2008   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:

Casserly showing the class what the Draft board of the Texans were like in those few years, To trick any potential "spies", they used white markers on a white board
Old 04-14-2008   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

And I said David, look at my hands - you need gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #17
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like the fact that there are only 3 students in the classroom and one doesn't even look like he is listening.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008   #18
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I like the fact that there are only 3 students in the classroom and one doesn't even look like he is listening.
lol That's what I was thinking.

Old 04-14-2008   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

awesome
Old 04-14-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Winner!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read