Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who will drop?
Kenny Phillips 3 9.68%
Devin Thomas 0 0%
Aquib Talib 17 54.84%
Reggie Smith 4 12.90%
Fred Davis 1 3.23%
Quentin Groves 2 6.45%
Felix Jones 2 6.45%
Don Connor 1 3.23%
Gosder Cherilus 0 0%
Brandon Flowers 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2008   #1
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who's gonna drop?

Year in and year out we as fans are shocked by SOMEONE dropping. Last year it was Brady Quinn. A couple years ago our very own Eric Winston was projected to be a late first early second round pick, yet we picked him up with the second pick in the third. Also in 2006 Ashton Youbouty was slotted as high as 24 in some mocks, yet fell to the sixth of the 3rd (70).

Who do you think is going to surprise everyone this year and drop significantly, either out of the first to a mid to late second, or even out of the first to a second day pick?

I compiled all the players in the last 12 picks of a few mocks for the poll options, but pick other and post who it is if your selection isn't on there.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who's gonna drop?

Felix Jones. He is pretty good, but with the depth later in the draft, Rb's are gonna fall more than you would expect. Talib is a close second, since he has character flaws.
Old 04-10-2008   #3
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote is Kenny Philips. I think he has been overvalued by many fans and that his production last year and his workouts for scouts will catch up to him on draft day. Middle of the 2nd round is where I think he drops to. Personally I dont think his value is there until the top of the 3rd.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #4
Polo

Reggie Smith...

I think he may be there in the third or fourth...
Old 04-10-2008   #5
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be curious to see what happens with Talib. Now that it has been reported DRC only has one functioning kidney it might move Talib back up the board, however, from what LZ said on 1560 this am Talib has more issues than just the 3 positive tests. Thats why I love the draft!!!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Talib & Reggie Smith are going to be 3rd rd. picks.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
My vote is Kenny Philips. I think he has been overvalued by many fans and that his production last year and his workouts for scouts will catch up to him on draft day. Middle of the 2nd round is where I think he drops to. Personally I dont think his value is there until the top of the 3rd.
He actually may go higher than he should, due to FS being a complete joke this year. The drop from him to the next is more drastic.
Old 04-10-2008   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I suspect that Phillips and Talib will not be picked where most seem to think they will.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Talib will drop a bit but there's always a team that thinks 3 failed tests aren't a big deal.

Schefter just reported that Groves recently had 'minor' heart surgery to repair a valve problem. I'm a guessin' that will scare a few teams off despite the memo he sent to all 32 teams saying no biggie....
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Talib will drop a bit but there's always a team that thinks 3 failed tests aren't a big deal.
The Bengals?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read