Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2004   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watching the Seahawks..

Watching the Seahawks play.. this is a "slightly above average" team. They have skill but lack consistency.

Basicly.. Seattle is what we have been saying we are.. a good team that hasnt learned how to win week in and week out.

But looking at them play.. they are alot better than us. It is something that I have been seeing alot of teams do that we are not doing. We lack confidence on offense. Even with our great receiving corps, we do not have enough targets. I think it is really going to boil down to two things.. we gotta have a running game, and Carr has got to get faster at going through his progressions and spreading the ball around. he was doing good earlier this year but the whole offense has slowed down as the year has gone on.

We need a TE... badly.

Anyway.. just watching this monday night game has led me to the conclusion that we are not yet ready to be a good team.. we still have some growing to do. More patience is in order.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Seahawks are in the bunch of mediocrity that the Texans are just entering...they are not a good football team and are only slightly better than the texans.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #3
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

To me the Seahawks look like a real poor mans (I mean Poor mans) Colts or not so poor Chiefs. Lots of offensive talent, but defense can't stop anyone. I know J. Jones from the cowboys is a solid back but a 200 yard in a game back, I don't think so.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

We could have a winning record if we were in their division. As a matter of fact, I think we're scheduled to play the NFC West next year.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man
I know J. Jones from the cowboys is a solid back but a 200 yard in a game back, I don't think so.

The O Line was opening holes a train could have run thru and he made several quick moves to evade tacklers. He is very quick. The guy runs very hard.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #6
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

the Seahawks have a great defense.. they just havent been playing great. kinda like us.
Old 12-07-2004   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
The O Line was opening holes a train could have run thru and he made several quick moves to evade tacklers. He is very quick. The guy runs very hard.
I'm not saying that he doesn't have talent, but that was a real poor defensive effort last night. How many times did Winstrom take the easy inside route, and lose his contain by not staying in his area.

Last edited by V Man; 12-07-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2004   #8
PlanoColt
Rookie

you guys need a great running back to make your offense more balanced. if you can get a great running back that has that "breakaway threat", then defenses are forced to respect that and it will open your whole offense up even more. that, and you all seem to need some more talent on the offensive line still. I'm sure they'll address that in the draft.
PlanoColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

eh.. both the offensive line and RB are up in the air. Davis still has spurts of greatness .. and it basicly revolves around our lines blocking.

We switched to a zone blocking scheme and it is still trying to get off the ground. So we cant really say if we need more talent on the line, or a better RB, until we can iron out our blocking scheme.
Old 12-07-2004   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=V Man]I'm not saying that he doesn't have talent, but that was a real pro defensive effort last night.

What is a "real pro defensive effort"? A good effort? I'm not understanding what you mean...if you are saying POOR and that JJ just did well because they played poorly I disagree.
Old 12-07-2004   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think the Seahawks get a new coach in 2005.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #12
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoColt
you guys need a great running back to make your offense more balanced. if you can get a great running back that has that "breakaway threat", then defenses are forced to respect that and it will open your whole offense up even more. that, and you all seem to need some more talent on the offensive line still. I'm sure they'll address that in the draft.

Man we have a great running back in Dvis, most think he's not the answer but he is. The freakin O-line is making him look bad, with an improved line D.D will be a stud !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I always thought of him as a good coach and he was doing well with the team but for some reason it's fallen apart on him.

I will say they have a very cool stadium. It looks like there is not a bad seat in the whole stadium.
Old 12-07-2004   #14
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD

What is a "real pro defensive effort"? A good effort? I'm not understanding what you mean...if you are saying POOR and that JJ just did well because they played poorly I disagree.
I meant poor (I need more coffee). I'm saying it is a combination of both. JJ (as you call him) is very capable of rushing for a 100 a game, but getting almost 200 was Jones taking advantage of the poor effort that Seattle had.
Old 12-07-2004   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

JJ is easier to type out...I too need more coffee and am somewhat lazy.

I think the guy is terrific. He's something the Cowboys haven't had in a long time; a viable offensive threat.
Old 12-07-2004   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

off subject, but WWJD how do you feel about the Cowboys going after a playoff spot, instead of playing Henson, seeing what they have in him and getting a better draft pick. Because even if they make the playoffs they don't have a shot at going far, and they could really use a couple of top talent draft picks.
Old 12-07-2004   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I do not think the Cowboys are good enough to get into the playoffs much less win a playoff game. Porous defense...I think Hasselback (sp?) had over 400 yards passing last night. I do like Ellis and Glover on the D line, they both play hard and are disruptive but their corners are bad (even Newman has done very poorly this year to me and he was a #1 draft pick).

I would play Henson because if he cannot play they need to know right now..but Bill will not change so I'm sure Vinny will continue playing. And actually I think Vinny has done a pretty good job this year considering his age and immobility. I have seen a few games where he just made some really bad decisions but like last night he threw one pass to Johnson that was just beautiful and he has been throwing to Witten who I think is another bright spot on the offense. He'll be an impact TE if he keeps it up.

So NO I don't think they are a playoff team at all. They are capable of playing good football but not playoff level and yes I think you are right they would get beat in the playoffs.

I would play Henson to see what he can do.

I will admit I was wrong about JJ. I said he was a bust and he is obviously not. He seems to be rounding into a quality back. Body wise he reminds me of Emmitt. A real fast Emmitt. So Bill and Jerry did the right thing drafting him.

They need to draft defense though. The D this year has been horrible. I don't know if it's coaching or just poor play but it's been very poor.
Old 12-07-2004   #18
dan7
Veteran

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I think the Seahawks get a new coach in 2005.
The odds are that Holmgren won't be back with the Seahawks next year.

I'm a Seahawks season ticket holder and I went to the game last night:

Solid performance by the offense, lousy special teams play and defensive breakdowns at the end of the game (allowing Dallas to score two TD's late in the fourth quarter).

If Seattle is to ever to become an elite NFL team then a lot of changes will have to be made (starting with the coaching staff).
Old 12-07-2004   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Does Seattle have anybody in mind as a possible hire?
Old 12-07-2004   #20
DreamCatcher
Rookie

A quality TE and improvement in the running game are needed to give the O more variation.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read