Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-09-2008   #1
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Probably irrelevant but...

So, I know that the Patriots lost their draft pick because they were stealing signals, and that they lost that the one later in the first because it was theirs and the #7 is the 49ers'. What I want to know is, what if they had traded their #1? Does the team they traded to not get to pick? Or do they lose a pick for next year? Or does the trade become void? What if they've already signed an extension?

It's not exactly keeping me up nights but I haven't seen anyone asking this question, since the ownership of a draft pick seems to stay with a team after they've traded it away. (or maybe their transgression wasn't bad enough to warrant losing the #7 overall...)
Old 04-09-2008   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Probably irrelevant but...

Most likely they would have lost the one they acquired from the 49ers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read