Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-09-2008   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default High Character Guys in the Draft

Who are the key high character guys in the following positions:

running back, left tackle and corner back. (maybe a few other positions of need)

Texans love smart guys, football loving guys, guys who look like they get it, coachable guys, community service guys.

I think they value this more than a lot of other teams, not just because of the PR, but because they believe in the long run that is what gets you winning football games. Hard working smart guys who are willing to sacrifice individual goals for team goals.

DeMeco Ryans is the platonic form of what they are looking for in the draft. Of course, few guys can have that sort of remarkabkle background.

We've talked about this some here or there in different threads, but I thought it might be interest putting all of this in one thread. Might be interesting to look at after the draft.
Old 04-09-2008   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: High Character Guys in the Draft

I think Mike Hart has a chance to be that guy for the running backs. Measurables aren't too impressive, so he may drop, but the intangibles are all there. Great college football player, and what looks like a great guy and teammate.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101434 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been waiting for you to start this thread.
mussop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Mike Hart has a chance to be that guy for the running backs. Measurables aren't too impressive, so he may drop, but the intangibles are all there. Great college football player, and what looks like a great guy and teammate.
Yeah, I heard some folks on NFL radio talk about him, and every time I hear all about blah blah blah great guy and teammate, I put the filter on and think, "mmmm Texan?"
Old 04-10-2008   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Please no Michigan RB's
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Please no Michigan RB's
You might be interested in this:

Beware of Big 10 Backs.
Old 04-10-2008   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Hart has alot of mileage on his legs. I think he could help us pretty fast but I don't know how long it would last. I wouldn't expect him to be or become a franchise back, by any means. He is a workhorse, who knows how to get yards, plain and simple.

Going back to the original question, I read from the same website that TC just posted that Chris Williams scored a very high score on the wonderlic test. According to this source, he scored a 32. The article compares that to Ryan Clady's 13. I don't know if that transfers into high character, but it is a positive thing.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2008   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Antoine Cason comes to mind. He started the Cason Cares campaign to raise money for the American Cancer Society in honor of his late grandfather, has monthly church usher duties, and is also the co-president of the UA Student Athletes Advisory Board.
Old 04-10-2008   #9
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Hart has alot of mileage on his legs. I think he could help us pretty fast but I don't know how long it would last. I wouldn't expect him to be or become a franchise back, by any means. He is a workhorse, who knows how to get yards, plain and simple.
That sounds perfect! We need help pretty fast at RB, if we were looking for a RB for many years to come, I'd want it in the first or second, but a 3rd or 4th rounder helping out RIGHT AWAY? Sign me up.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
That sounds perfect! We need help pretty fast at RB, if we were looking for a RB for many years to come, I'd want it in the first or second, but a 3rd or 4th rounder helping out RIGHT AWAY? Sign me up.
Meh, I don't think he has any potential in the pros. You can be vertically challenged or a bit slow in the NFL, not both.
Old 04-10-2008   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
You might be interested in this:

Beware of Big 10 Backs.
I've always said this about Big 10 backs. Good piece. They all have that slow, bruising style that make for boring Big 10 games. I always thought a guy like A-Train with his size and speed was made for the NFL after Michigan and it never completely happened. But I do like Hart and his background.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read