Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-09-2008   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Malcolm Kelly

WR Malcolm Kelly (6-3 7/8, 227): Ran the 40 in 4.75 and 4.68, had a 32-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.24 short shuttle, 7.00 cone drill, and ran position drills. Kelly looked very good

I think this bodes well for the Texans, meaning he pushes another prospect down to us, because he could go as high as #11 to Buffalo.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #2
Polo

Default Re: Malcolm Kelly

What's up with these slow times from these OK players
Old 04-09-2008   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
WR Malcolm Kelly (6-3 7/8, 227): Ran the 40 in 4.75 and 4.68, had a 32-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.24 short shuttle, 7.00 cone drill, and ran position drills. Kelly looked very good

I think this bodes well for the Texans, meaning he pushes another prospect down to us, because he could go as high as #11 to Buffalo.
Just the opposite. That slow time may have pushed him down. Hope Otah shows well today.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

4.7 is slower than I expected.

This is interesting because all of the top WRs have some questions marks.

DeSean Jackson only weighs 165-170 lbs. Limas Sweed has had a wrist injury, that they say won't be a reoccurring problem. Now Malcolm Kelly runs slower than expected.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is a perfect example why 40 times don't accurately reflect real game time speed, watch tape for those who prefer to rely on the ticker tape just read this article- http://newsok.com/article/3227634/1207765302

"I had everything set up for where I wanted to do it at," Kelly said. "I get up here this morning and it's a whole different deal. This is my life. It's got to do with me and my family. This is what I do, play football, and I'm supposed to run as fast as I can. I was slipping all over the place during my drill work. I can't say I'm pleased with anything today."

Kelly said he had been preparing for the last month to test on Astroturf and was running the 40 in under 4.5 seconds on that surface.

"People want to say surface is surface, but it's a lot more to it than that," Kelly said. "You have to think about how much ground time you have running on this mushy surface here and how much ground time you have on Astroturf.

"Just a little bit of time could mean a whole lot of draft money."

Kelly, who measured in at 6-foot-4 and 227 pounds, reached 32 inches in the vertical jump and 9 feet, 9 inches in the long jump. He posted times of 4.24 in the short shuttle and 7.00 in the three-cone drill.

Kelly looked sharp running routes and catching the ball during receiver drills.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, I am hoping Otah gets selected and pushes Williams down.
Old 04-09-2008   #7
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

So much for Pittsburgh trading up for our pick to get him.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Instead of running their 40s on a track why dont they just run on the field?

That's where they're going to being playing ball anyway.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #9
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Instead of running their 40s on a track why dont they just run on the field?

That's where they're going to being playing ball anyway.
OU's guys ran on a FieldTurf field, not a track.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read