Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 24,203
Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Backing the team.

Chris Myers coming to Houston is big news and the fact that his father has joined this MB to offer insight, news and opinions is great and appreciated by fans of TT. Has anyone thought about welcoming this player to Houston during pre-season and regular season games? Signs, fan club, etc? I usually do not get into that much, but 55olinesdad has done much to make me want to root even more for Chris than I probably would have. Maybe the tailgaters could do something? This thread may need to move to another forum but I trust moderators will do that. Anyway, just an idea to express appreciation for Chris coming to Houston.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!
 
Yankee_In_TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston, 77008
Age: 35
Posts: 12,448
Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Backing the team.

So...... Granted I've been absentee, but does anyone know Mr. Myers IRL ("in real life?").

Skeptical 'ol me realizes many people on here believe they're MySpace buddies of Facebook friends with 1/2 our roster and have meaningful conversations with them, but.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Booty took a sack, which is what you CAN'T do.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,485
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

From the things I have read that 55olinesdad posted I would say, that yeah its his father. In fact, when he first registered he was 62olinesdad (Meyers # in Denver). In fact, he used to post on one of the Denver message boards as 62olinesdad..
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor
 
SheTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 7,140
Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

I've read all the stuff he has posted and there's nothing said that makes me doubt he is legit. Sounds like a good kid backed by a very proud Dad. I believe we are very lucky to have both. I respect a family member who has the guts to post on a MB. You guys gave Hulk a very bad time. I hope you show a little more respect to Chris's dad.
__________________
Quote:
Wake up, thank the Man for today, and dominate everything you do.
Brian Cushing
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,485
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

I can understand Ryan's cynicism though. Generally players and families would be discouraged from engaging the general public in a forum such as message boards...
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer
 
Texans_Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,262
Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

One way or another, for years I've sent post cards to new free agents and rookies to welcome them to the team. I know of some other people who do that too.

The more high profile players get tons of mail, but one of the things you read about a lot is how excited players get when they get to the NFL and get mail. It's one of the things you saw a lot of when watching the Super Bowl ad contest with the players.

In Reliant Stadium, between the player's lounge and the cafeteria are rows of mailboxes. Some guys get a lot of mail, and some guys get a little. I know they pay attention to it.

When I met Eric Winston for lunch a few years ago during the Player Luncheon, we talked about this some. He thought it was great that he got that post card from me, that some of the rookies were talking to each other and asking if they got one of those post cards.

You might think that this is a little goofy, but in the end, I want the players to know that Houston fans are excited about their team. You sometimes talk about free agents who say how much bigger the hype was with their previous team (not really complaining, but just as a matter of explanation). Eventually the Texans will be that way when they have a tradition of winning, but we have to start somewhere.

Houston fans are friendly and cordial so why not send a brief post card to your favorite players, new free agents, and the folks we end up drafting? Doesn't need to say much other than appreciating what they are doing and/or welcoming them to the team. The off season is so long.

It's also a nice thing to get your kids to do to help teach them about writing.

Here's the information:

(Player Name)
The Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

I tend to send post cards versus letters because then the players don't have to spend time opening them. I now have Texans specific post cards that I had made from a picture I took tailgating. Getting postcards made is really inexpensive these days.

And yes, I am a cynical idealist. I am just trying to do what little I can to help make a difference. I believe that fans can make a difference in creating a positive winning environment.

I do believe that when the Texans start winning a ton, this city is going to blow up. There is so much pent up energy for winning football in Houston it is scary. It has been too long.
__________________
More? Please check out Ultimate Texans Chronicle Blog & Steph Stradley Blog & Twitter @StephStradley
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,654
Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I can understand Ryan's cynicism though. Generally players and families would be discouraged from engaging the general public in a forum such as message boards...
I didn't get that at all. I thought he was just asking if anyone knew Mr. Myers outside of the board.
__________________
A real MVP contributes in all phases of the game.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2008   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,485
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I didn't get that at all. I thought he was just asking if anyone knew Mr. Myers outside of the board.
Could be... I know Ryan pretty well, but that doesn't mean I could not have misread, or taken out of context what he said... No worries on my part.
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #9
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 24,203
Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

If I am a player considering a change of teams as a free agent, one of the things besides $, coaches, team players, is the city and fans. Chris's dad asked questions about the area around Reliant for housing. If Chris knows this MB is blowing up about his arrival and future play that should be a positive. We know that he talked to WInston a friend & a college team mate before deciding to come to Houston. As Stephanie said, this might be a small way we as fans can help the team. If a player knows fans are supportive and fair with criticism it could be a factor with recruiting other guys. We don't get to choose the FA or draft prospect, or negotiate the contract but other that buying tickets and team products little can we do.

I think a sign saying "Chris Myers, welcome to Texans!" would be nice. I don't see Myers jumping into the stands ala a WR or QB, but he would know he is appreciated for his efforts. The post card thing is nice also.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I've read all the stuff he has posted and there's nothing said that makes me doubt he is legit. Sounds like a good kid backed by a very proud Dad. I believe we are very lucky to have both. I respect a family member who has the guts to post on a MB. You guys gave Hulk a very bad time. I hope you show a little more respect to Chris's dad.
Hulk deserved it and got what was coming to him. He was a jerk and was completely out of touch with reality (just like most of the Carr homers)
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #11
Texanfan4ever
All Pro
 
Texanfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 57
Posts: 624
Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
One way or another, for years I've sent post cards to new free agents and rookies to welcome them to the team. I know of some other people who do that too.

The more high profile players get tons of mail, but one of the things you read about a lot is how excited players get when they get to the NFL and get mail. It's one of the things you saw a lot of when watching the Super Bowl ad contest with the players.

In Reliant Stadium, between the player's lounge and the cafeteria are rows of mailboxes. Some guys get a lot of mail, and some guys get a little. I know they pay attention to it.

When I met Eric Winston for lunch a few years ago during the Player Luncheon, we talked about this some. He thought it was great that he got that post card from me, that some of the rookies were talking to each other and asking if they got one of those post cards.

You might think that this is a little goofy, but in the end, I want the players to know that Houston fans are excited about their team. You sometimes talk about free agents who say how much bigger the hype was with their previous team (not really complaining, but just as a matter of explanation). Eventually the Texans will be that way when they have a tradition of winning, but we have to start somewhere.

Houston fans are friendly and cordial so why not send a brief post card to your favorite players, new free agents, and the folks we end up drafting? Doesn't need to say much other than appreciating what they are doing and/or welcoming them to the team. The off season is so long.

It's also a nice thing to get your kids to do to help teach them about writing.

Here's the information:

(Player Name)
The Houston Texans
Two Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054

I tend to send post cards versus letters because then the players don't have to spend time opening them. I now have Texans specific post cards that I had made from a picture I took tailgating. Getting postcards made is really inexpensive these days.

And yes, I am a cynical idealist. I am just trying to do what little I can to help make a difference. I believe that fans can make a difference in creating a positive winning environment.

I do believe that when the Texans start winning a ton, this city is going to blow up. There is so much pent up energy for winning football in Houston it is scary. It has been too long.

I totally agree with sending them notes. After all, I know they get paid a lot of money, but money aside, they are just young men. It's fun and motivating to have someone write to you. Good for morale.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor
 
SheTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Age: 69
Posts: 7,140
Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Hulk deserved it and got what was coming to him. He was a jerk and was completely out of touch with reality (just like most of the Carr homers)
Doesn't matter. 99% of the posters on this board are jerks and out of touch with reality at some point in time, myself included. I have stayed out of player bashing threads, and I don't intent to get into it now. Hulk is DCs brother, which NO ONE knew about for years. By the time everyone on this board found out, DC was already on everyones sh*t list. My point is simply that Hulk had a right to defend his brother. If Chris Myer's, as a player, suffers the same fate as DC, I hope members of this board will show a little class and not take it out on his Dad. THAT's all I'm saying.

BTW. There were a couple other members of the Carr family that viewed this board, but chose to remain silent. I know the pain they felt when members of this board attacked DCs character. Blasting a players performance on the field is one thing, they usually deserve it, but, to question their character when you don't actually know them, is just not right. Regardless of how bad a player might turn out to be, his family still loves him. Just trying to be nice here. I'm sure Mr Myers knows he has to take the bad with the good.
__________________
Quote:
Wake up, thank the Man for today, and dominate everything you do.
Brian Cushing
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,654
Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Hulk deserved it and got what was coming to him. He was a jerk and was completely out of touch with reality (just like most of the Carr homers)
This post makes me laugh.
__________________
A real MVP contributes in all phases of the game.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #14
RipTraxx
Free Agent
 
RipTraxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kingwood
Age: 32
Posts: 599
Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I didn't get that at all. I thought he was just asking if anyone knew Mr. Myers outside of the board.
Yeah i went to college with Chris so i met his dad a while back. He comes off as a nice, hardworking and honest guy. And its apparent in Chris as well. Cant say enough good things about the entire family really.
__________________
"What is that Chamomile tea??? You wanna take a nap?????" ~JJ Watt~
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame
 
Second Honeymoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 5,330
Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Doesn't matter. 99% of the posters on this board are jerks and out of touch with reality at some point in time, myself included. I have stayed out of player bashing threads, and I don't intent to get into it now. Hulk is DCs brother, which NO ONE knew about for years. By the time everyone on this board found out, DC was already on everyones sh*t list. My point is simply that Hulk had a right to defend his brother. If Chris Myer's, as a player, suffers the same fate as DC, I hope members of this board will show a little class and not take it out on his Dad. THAT's all I'm saying.

BTW. There were a couple other members of the Carr family that viewed this board, but chose to remain silent. I know the pain they felt when members of this board attacked DCs character. Blasting a players performance on the field is one thing, they usually deserve it, but, to question their character when you don't actually know them, is just not right. Regardless of how bad a player might turn out to be, his family still loves him. Just trying to be nice here. I'm sure Mr Myers knows he has to take the bad with the good.
I get what you are saying. I can't remember many people attacking his character during his days as a Texan but his work ethic, dedication, and professionalism was definitely attacked and justifiably so as was his pathetic production at the QB position. For some reason, I don't think we will have to worry about work ethic and dedication with Myers coming into town...hopefully the guy can produce because if he can we may have locked up Center for the next decade and helped make the Myers family a relatively prosperous family as well. I have been waiting for a quality Center since 02.

oh and i hope the huge fortune the Texans paid Carr helped dull the pain of a criticizing review of his play and production on a message board for his family and/or friends. I think they will just have to get over it and ride out the remainder of Carr's ever floundering career. It's not like the guy was getting much love in Carolina either. He needs to stop blaming others and start accepting responsibility for his failure of a career. The Panthers took less than one year to boo him out of town...yet he still thinks its everyone elses fault. pathetic but carr err par for the course.
__________________
@DougVanHorne on Twitter (CardinalDoug)

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 04-09-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American
 
eriadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,654
Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I get what you are saying. I can't remember many people attacking his character during his days as a Texan but his work ethic, dedication, and professionalism was definitely attacked and justifiably so as was his pathetic production at the QB position. For some reason, I don't think we will have to worry about work ethic and dedication with Myers coming into town...hopefully the guy can produce because if he can we may have locked up Center for the next decade and helped make the Myers family a relatively prosperous family as well. I have been waiting for a quality Center since 02.

oh and i hope the huge fortune the Texans paid Carr helped dull the pain of a criticizing review of his play and production on a message board for his family and/or friends. I think they will just have to get over it and ride out the remainder of Carr's ever floundering career. It's not like the guy was getting much love in Carolina either. He needs to stop blaming others and start accepting responsibility for his failure of a career. The Panthers took less than one year to boo him out of town...yet he still thinks its everyone elses fault. pathetic but carr err par for the course.
Man, you seriously ought to move on with life.
__________________
A real MVP contributes in all phases of the game.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #17
hobie
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 49
Posts: 3,240
Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I get what you are saying. I can't remember many people attacking his character during his days as a Texan but his work ethic, dedication, and professionalism was definitely attacked and justifiably so as was his pathetic production at the QB position. For some reason, I don't think we will have to worry about work ethic and dedication with Myers coming into town...hopefully the guy can produce because if he can we may have locked up Center for the next decade and helped make the Myers family a relatively prosperous family as well. I have been waiting for a quality Center since 02.

oh and i hope the huge fortune the Texans paid Carr helped dull the pain of a criticizing review of his play and production on a message board for his family and/or friends. I think they will just have to get over it and ride out the remainder of Carr's ever floundering career. It's not like the guy was getting much love in Carolina either. He needs to stop blaming others and start accepting responsibility for his failure of a career. The Panthers took less than one year to boo him out of town...yet he still thinks its everyone elses fault. pathetic but carr err par for the course.


I think McKinney was a quality center for us over the past several years, I hope you haven't forgotten about him !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!
 
Yankee_In_TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston, 77008
Age: 35
Posts: 12,448
Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I didn't get that at all. I thought he was just asking if anyone knew Mr. Myers outside of the board.
I just meant is there any reason to think that there really is a player's relative on this board other than someone signing up and saying "I am so and so's relative?"

I ask because I haven't spent a lot of time on here and thought I may have missed something.

Though by no means am I opposed to the type of thing TC posted about doing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Booty took a sack, which is what you CAN'T do.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #19
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 24,203
Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I just meant is there any reason to think that there really is a player's relative on this board other than someone signing up and saying "I am so and so's relative?"

I ask because I haven't spent a lot of time on here and thought I may have missed something.

Though by no means am I opposed to the type of thing TC posted about doing.
Pms with 55olinesdad concerning housing for Chris indicate to me he is not someone pretending. The guy is who he says he is. Let's move on.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer
 
Texans_Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,262
Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Backing the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Pms with 55olinesdad concerning housing for Chris indicate to me he is not someone pretending. The guy is who he says he is. Let's move on.
It would be quite the elaborate hoax. Check out this interview:

BattleRedBlog

Quote:
The Texans are getting new fans and a new center. I spoke with Chris Myers, Sr., also know as 55Olinesdad. He is the father of Chris Myers, who was acquired last month for this year's 6th round pick. After talking to Chris' dad, I learned that the Texans are getting their best 6th round pick ever. Read the interview and see. (We did the interview on the phone, so this is a summary of my notes from the conversation).
__________________
More? Please check out Ultimate Texans Chronicle Blog & Steph Stradley Blog & Twitter @StephStradley
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger