Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who should be the starter at SLB?
Zach Diles 35 63.64%
Chaun Thompson 7 12.73%
Kevin Bentley 8 14.55%
Rookie 4 7.27%
Other 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2008   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Strongside Linebacker?

But who do you think will win it in training camp, that's really my question.

Pre-Training camp, who do you favor?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #22
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
But who do you think will win it in training camp, that's really my question.

Pre-Training camp, who do you favor?
I Say Zac all the way. Him and DeMeco together for a long term? Good things.
Old 04-10-2008   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
I Say Zac all the way. Him and DeMeco together for a long term? Good things.
If we end up getting a good, starting strong side LB in the 7th round from last year's draft...

Well...

Dayum.

My mancrush for Smithiak grows.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #24
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If we end up getting a good, starting strong side LB in the 7th round from last year's draft...

Well...

Dayum.

My mancrush for Smithiak grows.
i really think Zac is a lot more athletic then we realize. Thats also why im excited.
Old 04-10-2008   #25
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I like Zach's instincts from what little I saw of him in college and the pros so far. I'm interested in seeing him in coverage, the knock on him is speed but I really really hope we can find someone who can cover the Dallas Clarks and Alge Crumplers of the division.

If Diles is that guy, i'd be ecstatic!!!
Old 04-11-2008   #26
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I'm betting it won't be Bentley. The guy can back up all three spots, because Kevis Coley is who?
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #27
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Diles, unless OLB Rivers is still on the board at #18 then the rookie should start.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2008   #28
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
Diles, unless OLB Rivers is still on the board at #18 then the rookie should start.
Yea, at Will.

I'm starting to lean more towards drafting Rivers, if Mendehall and the good OTs are already taken(including Albert).

Imagine our front 7 if we draft Rivers.

It'll be

Diles - DeMeco - Rivers

Mario - TJ - Amobi - Speed Rusher

That's atleast 4 pro-bowlers in that line-up.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008   #29
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Yea, at Will.

I'm starting to lean more towards drafting Rivers, if Mendehall and the good OTs are already taken(including Albert).

Imagine our front 7 if we draft Rivers.

It'll be

Diles - DeMeco - Rivers

Mario - TJ - Amobi - Speed Rusher

That's atleast 4 pro-bowlers in that line-up.
Thats a nasty lineup but I dont see how Diles would be starting. If Rivers was starting at WLB, Greenwood would probably take over at SAM. He is the same size as Diles, except he has more athleticism, more experience, and his play last year was pretty good. Diles would really have to impress Kubiak in camp/preseason to even be considered for the starting spot.

Rivers-Ryans-Greenwood
Williams-Johnson-Okoye-Kalu

That is a tremendous front 7. Although they will have to be in order to make up for the secondary. I can see the Texans taking Rivers if he is still on the board because he would probably be BPA, but there will also be some very good DBs available at #18 that could immediately start for this team.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read